Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2010, 11:10 AM

63 posts, read 156,180 times

Advertisements

I would love to see a Panera Bread go somewhere in MM. The closest one i think is in Bloom and quite frankly it was incredibly dirty the last/only time I was there. However, every other PB I was in was clean. I think the corner lot by Micheals would be a great place although I'm not sure the opening is large enough. I have in-laws that live in W-B and we go there evry chance we can get.

As for the big vacant lots like Value City; I think that a TJ Maxx, Marshalls, or something like that would be great even if they had to split the building doen the middle :-)

I havn't heard much about Sonic in a while... Last thing I heard was that they were looking at the vacant lot across from McDonald's... I have no idea what a Sonic is like as I've never been to one. Time will tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 08:17 AM

259 posts, read 850,969 times
Sonic's big thing is their drinks.

SONIC®, America’s Drive-In®

When I was stationed in South Dakota they opened one in Rapid City and now have two there. I personally like eating there. We've got two where I currently live in New Mexico and when we were home last year we made a trip from Mechanicsburg to Palmyra just to eat at the sonic they had there. Now I see they have one open in Harrisburg so the wife and I won't have to go as far to get our Sonic fix the next time we make a trip home.

The last time we were home I thought I had goten lost when we drove up the Strip. It had been about 4 years since the last time I had seen the Strip and definitely didn't recognize it from all of the new businesses. Seems that way everytime we make a visit back to PA. Always something new.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:29 PM

393 posts, read 1,530,055 times
Quote:
The last time we were home I thought I had goten lost when we drove up the Strip. It had been about 4 years since the last time I had seen the Strip and definitely didn't recognize it from all of the new businesses. Seems that way everytime we make a visit back to PA. Always something new.
A very good friend of mine just moved back from NC after 22 years. When he hit the Strip...all I can say is...was he ever confused.

Old 06-21-2010, 03:34 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,916,532 times
Finally ate at my first Sonic's yesterday. Color me impressed and hope we will get the rumored one on the strip. Seems to be pretty quiet on the news front though with it.....hope it will still land sometime down the line.

Random question: Where is the best place to get cheese fries in the area? Who gives you the best value for your money and tastes great? I ate cheese fries at Denny's a while back and wasn't impressed. I miss eating at a downtown State College diner that gave you a huge plate of fries and yummy cheese. Wondering if there would be something like that in this area.

Last edited by R.J. MacReady; 06-21-2010 at 04:15 PM..

Old 06-21-2010, 08:21 PM

226 posts, read 760,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
Finally ate at my first Sonic's yesterday. Color me impressed and hope we will get the rumored one on the strip. Seems to be pretty quiet on the news front though with it.....hope it will still land sometime down the line.

Random question: Where is the best place to get cheese fries in the area? Who gives you the best value for your money and tastes great? I ate cheese fries at Denny's a while back and wasn't impressed. I miss eating at a downtown State College diner that gave you a huge plate of fries and yummy cheese. Wondering if there would be something like that in this area.
The Edison Hotel will give a huge plate for a decent price

Old 06-21-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post

I absolutely love all of the different drinks they have. Had a caramel milkshake today before I headed down to El Paso. With the way the area there is being built up I'd imagine a Sonic should pop up sometime in the near future.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:06 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,690,845 times
I know I lead a hopelessly sheltered life, but last night for the first time ever, I went to Rita's. My daughter's softball team went there, so my younger son and I went along. I got a frozen custard cone. Oh - my - God!!! It brought back memories of many frozen custard stands I went to as a young girl with my parents. It was soooooooooo good. My kids both had a cookies 'n' cream Italian ice and said they were good. It didn't sound good to me, though. Maybe if I get back there again I'll try a cherry or lemon Italian ice. I'm not very adventurous when it comes to food flavors.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:23 AM

1,364 posts, read 2,916,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdude2018 View Post
I absolutely love all of the different drinks they have. Had a caramel milkshake today before I headed down to El Paso. With the way the area there is being built up I'd imagine a Sonic should pop up sometime in the near future.
A caramel milkshake sounds good! I gotta check out their website to see what all they have. Looking forward to eating there again the next time I drive by it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeMar View Post
The Edison Hotel will give a huge plate for a decent price
Thanks! I just happen to be going there early next week so will be sure to order a plate. Haven't been to the Edison for over a year but really enjoy the food and atmosphere there. I generally dislike bars and don't go to them often, but the Edison is one of the spots I like to hit if I do get dragged out.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:25 AM

6 posts, read 18,330 times
Does anyone know of a place around here that has a "Pittsburgh-Style" sandwich? You know, with the fries and coleslaw right on the sandwich?

Old 06-24-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rps85 View Post
Does anyone know of a place around here that has a "Pittsburgh-Style" sandwich? You know, with the fries and coleslaw right on the sandwich?
Ever since I saw that on Man vs. Food I've been wanting to try that. Looks delicious!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania