Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2016, 10:18 AM

1 posts, read 2,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotisflwr1 View Post
:dhello to all, my maiden name was joanne ortiz. I have two brothers peter and joseph ortiz, we all were at kennedy and st. Joseph's home for children. As of recently i have been in touch with my group mother sister francis marie. I was sent to st.joseph's from kennedy in 1961, i was 6 years old. My first group mother was sister maria grace, does this ring a bell to anyone. One of my best friend was willermima mendoza, she had a brother rebuen, irene and evelyn who has the same birthday as me may 17th. There was also sonia, maritza to name a few. I went outside to school name woodside elementy. I ask for my records and they were sent to me. The information is very handy since both of my parents are gone. I was release in 1967 to live with my father and stepmother, the following year my brothers were release and we moved to puerto rico. I have some pictures that i will try to down load, one picture i have is from woodside class 5th grade. I like to hear from anyone who was in that time 1961-1967. I had the best childhood at st. Joseph's and my wish is to visit the place again, sister francis says i will not know the place since many of the old buildings have been place with condo's etc.... If anyone would like to see what the old home look like after the home closed, visit this site call hudson valley ruins francisan, a guy name rob and his partner find old places that been torn down, st. Joseph's is one of them. Also visit [url]www.fmsusa.org-who.htm[/url] (broken link) the name now for st. Joseph's is the sister's of mount st. Francis. You can see some old spots of the home....... Keep in touch joanne
this saturday august 13th 2016 wilermina mendoza will be hosting a reunion at the kennedy home 1770 stillwell ave,try to make it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2016, 04:49 PM

2 posts, read 3,753 times
Red face Tony Solis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Solis View Post
Hello, My name is Tony Solis. I was at St. Joseph's home from 1971 to 1978 along with my five sisters. I was a great basketball, football, and baseball player and I think this enable me to be popular among my circle of friends. I have the names of more than twenty individuals including teachers and counselors I remember but I don't remember how some of them look like since it's been such a long time since I left St. Joseph's.
Hi Tony, how r u doing? I've been looking 4 u, Esther, Sylvia,Myrtha& your other sisters 4 years. U use to live on Valentine Ave., Bx, NY, r u still in The Bronx? I was in Esther & Sylvia's group-Group 3 Girls. I have pics of Esther, Sylvia & maybe u 2. U should remember my brother Angel Velez &also Gary Crosland, Phillip Miranda, Wilfredo& Luis Garcia, Jose Barbosa, Wilfredo &Alberto Morales, Feldmans, etc. We're having a Reunion in The Bronx Sat. 8/13/2016 at old Kennedy Home Grounds-1770 Stllwell Avenue, Bronx, NY form 10am-6pm.
Go to our website at Yahoo.com, then go 2 Groups, search 4 StJosephPeekskill. When u get 2 our site click on JOIN. Plz send me an email asap or call me 212-982-8474*Leave a message* with your name& number Where does Esther& Sylvia live-NYC?
Blessings Brother, Welcome Home to your family!
Carmen Velez

Old 08-25-2016, 07:17 PM

2 posts, read 3,753 times
Hi Rene, I was happy to help your brother Kim get back in touch with his sisters. That is why we created the websites-to reunite all St Joseph's(Peekskill)& Kennedy Homes' Alumni-We Are Family! I, Carmen Velez was in St Joseph's(1967-1978) and have spoken to Machele in Buffalo a few years back but I haven't had the opportunity to see any of the Williams' sisters at our Reunions. We'd love to see everyone-St Joe's is in April of every year-(usually on the last Saturday of April). I remember Cheryl and Celeste because they were closer in age to me, my sister Rosa Velez and brothers, Francisco & Angel Velez. My brother Fran went out with Sicorra Chavys. I've been looking for you and your family for years. I'm so sorry to hear about Celeste-she will be missed. I have fond memories of Celeste from St Joes. Celeste and all our brothers and sisters that are no longer with us will be our Shinning Stars & Guiding Lights throughout our lives. BTW-Miss Brenda Undly (Counselor from Group 4 girls) asked me every year if I found you& your sisters, unfortunately we lost our Miss Brenda before I found your family. She's always with us in Spirit. Join our website at Yahoo! Groups: Search for: StJosephPeekskill or Kennedy_Alumni_ association. Blessings Family & Friends, Carmen M. Velez-212-982-8474 (Leave a message)

Old 11-30-2016, 07:35 PM

2 posts, read 3,215 times
Hey friends ... I worked at Kennedy from about '71-'73 or '74 - mostly at Claver and at the old and new Deporres (when it changed over to younger kids) ... would love to know if anyone has any info or updates on folks like Terry Robinson, Manny Contreras (had a little sister there too), Peter Sanchez, Angel Robles, Arthur MacNeil, Carman Vega, Michael Mendez, Felix Ortiz, etc, ... all kids from that era .... I can manage to find some on Facebook and another Kennedy group but not these guys .... Been a long time ... but I loved Kennedy and all the kids and to me still seems like a few minutes ago and everyone is still frozen forever at 16 in my head .... couldn't wait to come to work each day ... I'd be grateful for any updates about those guys.... my email is daystar297@yahoo.com .... thanks and best wishes ....
David

Old 03-12-2017, 09:26 AM

2 posts, read 5,426 times
Treetop
This is Cindy32 did Janet Arroyo have an afro. I was in the talent show in 76. I am trying to remember you. Do you remember the group going to this lady's house name Ms Seigel. I remember playing paddleball and softball. Do you remember Peanut. Does anyone remember Kendra.

looking forward to hearing from you
Cindy32

Old 04-08-2017, 01:59 PM

2 posts, read 3,436 times
Ed and Bill Roche ...identical twins...red hair....1950s...Where would I find my records?

ejtr50@yahoo.com

Old 05-31-2017, 02:02 PM

2 posts, read 3,436 times
Ed and Bill Roche...Identical Twins...Red hair...Kennedy...1950's...Anyone remember me??

ejtr50@yahoo.com

Old 06-05-2017, 10:49 AM

2 posts, read 3,133 times
Default Searching for Mc Lean

I am searching for Peter, Johnny and Ronald Mc Lean. They were in the Kennedy home with their 4 sisters, Twins Pat and Margaret and Lorraine and Joan (also called Tiny). I have all the information on the girls but am unable to find the boys. The last of the family would have aged out around 1957 to 1963. They are my husbands uncles. My husband would very much like to meet them or their children. Please contact me if you have any information regarding their families.

[email]Peisley@aol.com[/email]

Old 06-05-2017, 12:03 PM

2 posts, read 3,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybizniz007 View Post
This post is regarding the Kennedy Home Orphanage in the Bronx, N.Y. My mother was raised there when she was a toddler from 1950 to High School in the 1960's along with 3 of her sisters and 3 of her brothers. The brothers went on to serve in the Vietnam War. Everyone is successful, healthy, alive and have been doing well for years. Some live in N.Y. and Florida. Everyone is from 67 to 75 years of age. My godmother was also raised there in the 1950's to 1960's. She's in her late 60's and is alive, healthy and doing well living in N.Y.C. Everyone also has great families and good kids.

I was just wondering if your mother or any of the family remember any of the Mc Lean children. There were also 7 of them 4 girls (one set of Twins) and 3 boys, names Ronald, Peter, Johnny, Patricia, Margret, Lorraine and Joan. and possibly if she know what happened to the boys, I have accounted for all the girls.

Old 01-19-2018, 01:48 PM

15 posts, read 14,200 times
Smile I'm Pete Valletutti, couldn't find anybody here years ago?

Bill,.
I was responding to a facebook post about the snow. And mention when Elias, & I took an hour & a half train & bus to get to our Lady Queen of Martyrs school,.. and at lunch we would go to the Cloisters,..
I have searched on here years ago,..but there was older folks then me that were at Kennedy before us.
Is Benny Duano, & Elias still alive,..? Ivan Cruz, went out with my sister Susan, whom was at Kennedy also,..The only one I found was Anthony Depalma,.. in NYC. It was sad speaking with him, the one & only time I have. Hector, & Benny came to my home at times when my father picked me up,.. I'm so excited that I found someone that was there when I was there? Like I mentioned years ago, there was not anybody on here during our residence at Kennedy. Please call me,.. or anybody who knows or remembers me. I was an altar boy with manuel, I think his name is; for Father McManus. I do chat very rarely with father McManus on facebook, but its been a few years since I chatted with him,..
You have a much better memory than I, with the exact names,.. Benny, & Elias, were friends,.. What about Benson,.. is he still around,.. I've been in Texas for 36 years. married 32 years,.. had 2 daughters, here in Texas. One resides in Queens, NY, married, just finished Hunter College,. going for masters. was beauty queen, actress, singer, dancer, here in Texas. Other daughter was on last seasons American Ninja,. & hopefully will be on next season. I'm in real estate 32 years now,.
Please call me or email me,.. Or anybody that was there at Kennedy when we were there, my sister susan, & brother joey,.. both are well,.. Hope to hear from somebody from Kennedy that knows me,..
Thanks, Pete -972-599-5900 / PeteValletutti@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANTAMBILL View Post
I Knew Ivan Cruz, Elias Monroigh, Clarence West Irving And Manny Leon. Bill And Linda Dwyer Teddy O'connel Mrs Helen O'neil , Mr Henry, Anthony Depalma And His Famous Chicken Coop,his Brother Mike Was A Counselor There.there Was This One Counselor Who's Name I' Can Not Recall Who Had This French Poodle, Maria Torres , Lucy Berrios Wally, Eddie, Miriam, Eddie And Hector Maldonado. I Was Still Friends With Hector Maldonado Till He Passed Away In 1900.we Shared An Apartment In Los Angeles. Wally And Eddie Also Passed Away In 1990. Wally Died June 9 And Hector May 28, 1990. Their Sister Mirriam Lives In Florida There Was Also Tom Curry Who I Share A Room With., Kenneth Palumbo,frank Mullins. Any Body Remember Mary Who Did The House Cleaning At Weldon All. I Drove By There With My Kids 1n 2000 And Everything Was Gone, Weldon Hall, The Cottages And The Pool Was Filled In.

Bill Meaney

Last edited by PeteValletutti; 01-19-2018 at 02:04 PM.. Reason: to mention Ivan Cruz
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search