Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2019, 03:09 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,531,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphyre View Post
Interesting article. It doesn't mention Nanette's Villa specifically but speaks about that era and that general location. Not helpful in the search for Mildred but it helps to understand why they were there. Also, some of the names/places mentioned could possibly remember or have some sort of documentation or photos of the villa and or Mildred/Nanette/Esperanza/Walter.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/...st-era-n164576

That was really informative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2019, 03:52 PM

14 posts, read 10,519 times
Mr Skin -- any news or updates? Hope you are doing well.

Ever try the SS-5 applications? Very much hoping you find an answer!

Old 04-10-2019, 06:25 PM

197 posts, read 195,916 times
Default Update

I am sorry to report that there is nothing new to share. My computer has been in and out of the shop lately. As far as the SSA form 5, I remember looking into it, but cannot remember the reason I did not pursue it. I may take another look at it. Ancestry DNA has not turned up anything beneficial as of yet. I appreciate everyone's continued interest in the search for Mildred May Galvin.

Old 05-08-2019, 04:20 PM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Skin View Post
Thanks for the heads up about them sharing with LE. I personally have nothing to hide, but How should I know if I have a relative that does. I turned off the matching. I do not think I set up a tree there but will check again.
FTDNA now has an option to opt out of LE seeing you as match. I turned matching on mine back on but saw that LE matching is on by default when you turn it back on. You then have to turn it off. It would suck for someone not paying attention.

They lost a lot of customers by not telling us about it. A lot of people just deleted their DNA instead of shutting matches off.

Old 05-28-2019, 10:13 AM

859 posts, read 705,742 times
I suggest OP to ask your aunt (the only sister of your mother that still alive and living at nursery/elderly home) if Mildred looked a lot like her or not. If so, don't forget to take clear photos of your aunt. It could somewhat help you in searching for your mother. Because there are family members like sisters, brothers who look very much alike as if they were identical twins.

Old 05-29-2019, 06:44 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic Bird View Post
I suggest OP to ask your aunt (the only sister of your mother that still alive and living at nursery/elderly home) if Mildred looked a lot like her or not. If so, don't forget to take clear photos of your aunt. It could somewhat help you in searching for your mother. Because there are family members like sisters, brothers who look very much alike as if they were identical twins.
I thought she was deceased but she was alive as of 12-27-2018

Quote:
With regards to Mildred's sisters, we do know where they are. Catherine (Galvin)(Quinn)Beaudoin is deceased and we have the Obit. The other Sister Jane Marie is living but in a nursing facility. This sister is 94 and has not seen or heard from Mildred in well over 50 years according to her. I did speak with her 08/08/2017 but she knew nothing as to Mildred's whereabouts. I have been in contact with almost all of Mildred's nieces and nephews and no one knows of her whereabouts and in some cases were surprised to learn that their fathers (Donald and Edward) even had sisters. Catherine's daughters on the other hand knew and occasionally spent time with Jane Marie's daughters. It is my belief that Mildred spent some time with Catherine between the ages of 16 and 20 due to the photos that were sent to me by Catherine's daughters from their Mom's old photo albums.

Old 05-30-2019, 12:42 PM

14,477 posts, read 20,652,743 times
Quote:
The other Sister Jane Marie is living but in a nursing facility. This sister is 94 and has not seen or heard from Mildred in well over 50 years according to her. I did speak with her 08/08/2017 but she knew nothing as to Mildred's whereabouts.
If she is 94 today but you have not spoken to her since August 2017 then when she said well over 50 years that would be 1967 or before. The one theory that Mildred died in a car accident after say 1960 "runs into" the "well over 50 years" phrase, which is not good (not promising). It does not reveal whether she heard from her sister before or after 1960-61.

Old 05-30-2019, 01:20 PM

What's noticed that no one of the family members knew about their sister's death nor heard about car accident. Let's rule out the father and brothers. The sisters didn't know/heard about their sister. I mean even when the family members for some reason were not in contact to each other, no one knows about the other; when something big like death, accidents happens they would know, I suppose one person of the family at least would have an idea or even would hear of it.

Why that lady would receive/know such news and not the family members.

Old 05-31-2019, 11:37 AM

14,477 posts, read 20,652,743 times
Quote:
Within the next 2 weeks I should be hearing back from The Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (NYC) pertaining to my application for a Death Certificate and requested that they search the 1960's time frame as Nannette had indicated that it was not too long after Mildred ceased being her Nanny that Esperanza told her that Mildred was killed in an accident.
An auto accident fatality should create a police report, a coroner's report since the death was outside a hospital, and a multi car accident with death might (should) make the local paper.

If she returned to NYC with limited funds where would she go. Maybe to friends apartment. I think she left NY for another state (with no paper trail to that state) and re-married there thus acquiring a new name and the couple may have left the state of their marriage shortly thereafter. Thus the wrong name and the wrong state(s)(NY and CT) creates a potential (potential = not 100%) dead end.

Old 05-31-2019, 12:26 PM

I don't tend to believe that she remarried but although I don't rule out the mistakes/similarity in the names. Like to receive news about a certain person to discover later that this was another person. All signs and info stopped on Nanette's mother claim of a car accident. Also, there is another possible thing, when I look at the quote you posted. I notice " Esperanza told her that Mildred was killed in an accident."
I'm thinking now, there is a possibility of misunderstanding or even forgetting on Nanette's part. I mean her mother MIGHT tell her that Mildred was killed in an accident not necessarily specified a "car accident". Nanette MIGHT understand/take it as a car accident, in her mind always was a car accident while it's not necessarily the case. Accident is a general terminology that includes many things.

Furthermore, there could be a connection/way between Mildred and Esperanza after Mildred had stopped working as a nanny so that made Esperanza still knew Mildred's news. Like to find a new job through this family even if it was at another state. Like this, there would be a way for that family to still know/receive Mildred's news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search