Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2017, 03:51 PM

5,546 posts, read 6,876,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
I go to the movie theater at 40th and Walnut now and never have any issues. They've implemented a rule that nobody under the age of 18 is allowed without adult supervision past 6PM or 7PM. The crowds are always good and respectable.

This theater just needs to implement a similar rule.... and if it is going to be "high-end" with reclining seats, food, and drinks, then they will likely charge a little more for the ticket prices.

I could see this being successful with how much Center City has transformed.
Agree with you 100%. Last time I was in Chicago, I went to the AMC that has reservation seating, recliners, etc. Since then, I've been keeping my fingers crossed that AMC would open one in CC like it. It would be a great option, not really taking away from the independent theatres too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 06:18 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,762,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
Agree with you 100%. Last time I was in Chicago, I went to the AMC that has reservation seating, recliners, etc. Since then, I've been keeping my fingers crossed that AMC would open one in CC like it. It would be a great option, not really taking away from the independent theatres too much.
It won't compete with the Ritzes(which are owned by Landmark) because what happens, if it does, would show more mainstream, not art house, movies.

Old 01-18-2017, 07:16 AM

9,380 posts, read 9,342,287 times
Sbraga closes 2 restaurants: Sbraga and the Fat Ham in University City

I hope they do actually reopen.

Old 01-20-2017, 11:53 PM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,768,377 times
Jack Wills in Ardmore is also closing on the 29th.
It really sucks because it seems that there are more and more empty spaces in Suburban Square.

Old 01-21-2017, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
It really sucks because it seems that there are more and more empty spaces in Suburban Square.
Thats a shame, hopefully the new health club and West Elm liven the area up a bit.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:45 AM

Life Time Opening Three Giant New Luxury Fitness Clubs Around Philly | Be Well Philly

LifeTime Fitness expanding big in the region, maybe a Center City location is in the works?? (1911 Walnut...)

Warby Parker debuts first Philly store on Saturday

And Warby Parker CC has finally opened!

http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...-KOP-Mall.html
And I know some of you will be annoyed but Clarins (luxury cosmetics) opened its first stand alone USA location in KoP this weekend.

Last edited by cpomp; 01-23-2017 at 11:55 AM..

Old 01-23-2017, 01:12 PM

1,943 posts, read 1,490,056 times
Does anybody know what is going on with the old LA Fitness at 15th and Walnut? It seems strange that such a large and prime location has sat vacant for almost 2 1/2 years now. I remember they were maybe thinking of turning it in a David Barton's, but that went belly up.

Old 01-23-2017, 01:14 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,701,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1562 View Post
Does anybody know what is going on with the old LA Fitness at 15th and Walnut? It seems strange that such a large and prime location has sat vacant for almost 2 1/2 years now. I remember they were maybe thinking of turning it in a David Barton's, but that went belly up.
I think the main issue with the space is that the entrance to the retail is on 15th, and not on Walnut. Had the entrance been on Walnut, the space would probably be filled.

Old 01-23-2017, 01:20 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,701,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
I was at Suburban Square on Thursday... I didn't notice any empty spaces except for the Macy's space, which will apparently be taken up by a West Elm, a fitness center, etc. It was also relatively busy for a Thursday night, with enough people in the shops and at the restaurants.

It seems the owner of Suburban Square is also planning an expansion of new construction on some of the surrounding parking lots. I think the Jack Wills spot will get filled, as the Macy's space seems to be filling quickly.

When looking on the Directory, it seems spaces 2, 3, 8, 29 and 30 (Macy's space) are empty. With 55 spaces, that puts the center around 90% leased. Even though most of the Macy's space is already released... and apparently the Jack Wills space will be vacant.

I think Suburban Square is successfully re-branding and revamping. With the new planned expansion, it should bring new energy to the center too.

Last edited by RightonWalnut; 01-23-2017 at 01:37 PM..

Old 01-23-2017, 01:31 PM

10,787 posts, read 8,762,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Life Time Opening Three Giant New Luxury Fitness Clubs Around Philly | Be Well Philly

LifeTime Fitness expanding big in the region, maybe a Center City location is in the works?? (1911 Walnut...)

Warby Parker debuts first Philly store on Saturday

And Warby Parker CC has finally opened!

The beauty business booms: Clarins opening at King of Prussia Mall
And I know some of you will be annoyed but Clarins (luxury cosmetics) opened its first stand alone USA location in KoP this weekend.
Nope not annoyed at Clarins. But, yeh, about Warby Parker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia