Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2024, 02:50 PM

2,045 posts, read 803,550 times

Advertisements

Holocaust memorial in Philadelphia vandalized for 2nd time:

https://6abc.com/horwitz-wasserman-h...rash/14334625/

'Unknown male.' lol

Old 01-18-2024, 02:54 PM

Our best and brightest:

https://6abc.com/septa-shooting-5th-...phia/14332959/

If Humphrey had been put away for five years, two years ago, for illegally carrying a gun, the deceased teen would still be alive.

Old 01-19-2024, 08:53 AM

1,036 posts, read 455,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
Our best and brightest:

https://6abc.com/septa-shooting-5th-...phia/14332959/

If Humphrey had been put away for five years, two years ago, for illegally carrying a gun, the deceased teen would still be alive.
It's called the Criminal "Reform'' Movement.

Remember our DA's policy is to wait until a firearm is used in a crime, then depending on the victimhood status of the perp, let them walk because they're victims of our capitalist society...to, as in this case, subsequently kill an otherwise good black kid.

A post upthread broadcasted that Krasner does indeed ''charge'' criminals...to which I responded by pointing out that it's all about what happens to weapons/firearms/shooting charges...victimhood status is paramount. We know see what happens in fact to post=charged violent criminals...a good black 16 y.o. kid lingered for a week at Jeff before finally dying.

Old 01-19-2024, 10:20 AM

I'm not certain about this, and I don't know whose administration it was under, but at one point, didn't New York City bring their violent crime rate down by cracking down on quality of life and petty crimes and handing out mandatory five year sentences for anybody illegally carrying a gun?

Old 01-19-2024, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK21 View Post
It's called the Criminal "Reform'' Movement.

Remember our DA's policy is to wait until a firearm is used in a crime, then depending on the victimhood status of the perp, let them walk because they're victims of our capitalist society...to, as in this case, subsequently kill an otherwise good black kid.

A post upthread broadcasted that Krasner does indeed ''charge'' criminals...to which I responded by pointing out that it's all about what happens to weapons/firearms/shooting charges...victimhood status is paramount. We know see what happens in fact to post=charged violent criminals...a good black 16 y.o. kid lingered for a week at Jeff before finally dying.
Yeah, Krasner is a sick individual. A sick individual that Philly voted in twice.

Old 01-19-2024, 11:15 AM

460 posts, read 336,407 times
Quote:
I'm not certain about this, and I don't know whose administration it was under, but at one point, didn't New York City bring their violent crime rate down by cracking down on quality of life and petty crimes and handing out mandatory five year sentences for anybody illegally carrying a gun?
Yes, it was called broken windows policing. This was in conjunction with stop and frisk. The latter worked very well despite detractors stating that XX% of stops yielded no weapons. Even the dumbest criminals knew to not unnecessarily walk around with guns under stop and frisk. It's also still done to this day - there are lots of videos of both patrol officers and plain clothes frisking kids in the Bronx.

Old 01-19-2024, 09:55 PM

390 posts, read 271,165 times
Quote:
Yes, and now New York is among the safest big cities in the country and has been for a while now. I think it’s very important to create a culture of following the rules, no matter how minor.

Old 01-19-2024, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphilly View Post
Yes, and now New York is among the safest big cities in the country and has been for a while now. I think it’s very important to create a culture of following the rules, no matter how minor.
Although it's not as bad as the 1970s, I think former mayor DeBlasio and his ilk reversed most of the good that's been done.

Old 01-20-2024, 11:28 AM

9,422 posts, read 9,424,469 times
Quote:
Although it's not as bad as the 1970s, I think former mayor DeBlasio and his ilk reversed most of the good that's been done.
Give me a break...

As a New York City resident (you love to point out), that is far from the truth.

Old 01-20-2024, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Give me a break...

As a New York City resident (you love to point out), that is far from the truth.
No, YOU give ME a break ...

Go take that nonsense to the NYC forum and see how well you fare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia