Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2024, 06:24 AM

2,045 posts, read 797,067 times

Advertisements

A North Philly regular doing what a North Philly regular does:
https://6abc.com/libao-zheng-shot-at...rder/14380850/

Open and look at picture before freaking out.

Old 02-06-2024, 02:20 PM

2,239 posts, read 1,135,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphilly View Post
Where are you getting these numbers from? I can’t find them for this year on the Philly crime stats website.
https://controller.phila.gov/philade...nt%20locations

It's still the lowest YTD since they've kept a record in 2015, an 8-year low.

Old 02-07-2024, 07:26 AM

1,036 posts, read 453,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshbyQuin View Post
https://controller.phila.gov/philade...nt%20locations

It's still the lowest YTD since they've kept a record in 2015, an 8-year low.
Just about the time that systematically racist policy of ''targeted'' stop & frisk was ending. Today, stop & frisk is the legitimate Black Lives Matter movement.

Old 02-07-2024, 12:23 PM

1,036 posts, read 453,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
I like how the scumbags at ABC6 used a thumbnail on their website showing the deceased with his hands up ... which he had up for like two seconds before he started fighting.
They know exactly what they're doing.
You see Krasner at the presser for this? Top cop speaking...Krasner standing in the background lookin' ticked off. After all, Larry made a fortune suing cops with a side dose of social justice...lol.

Remember, Krasner's policy is to stop gun violence after it occurs; no pre-emptive getting guns off the street so this incident has to be wearing away at our top ''law enforcement officer.'' lol

Of course ABC 6 will push its narrative about this and pretty much anything that fits the narrative of POCs being hunted down by cops generally and white ones in particular; in Philly, pretty much have to go with any cop as you can easily have a black cop involved. White cop will can easily ignite trouble.

Again, we'll see how much Parker puts up with. I've seen only one illegal assembly regarding the Gaza manipulation movement by the largely white, middle aged slobby looking crowd taking over sidewalk on Market Street targeting some company about Israel.

Despite Parker's personal distrustful and shady history with Philly cops, she still pulls of the story line that she's pro-cop.

Old 02-07-2024, 04:38 PM

Yeah, I saw him ... such a creepy guy.

And the same demographic most affected by his policies voted him in twice.

Old 02-07-2024, 11:37 PM

14,293 posts, read 9,180,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK21 View Post
You see Krasner at the presser for this? Top cop speaking...Krasner standing in the background lookin' ticked off. After all, Larry made a fortune suing cops with a side dose of social justice...lol.

Remember, Krasner's policy is to stop gun violence after it occurs; no pre-emptive getting guns off the street so this incident has to be wearing away at our top ''law enforcement officer.'' lol

Of course ABC 6 will push its narrative about this and pretty much anything that fits the narrative of POCs being hunted down by cops generally and white ones in particular; in Philly, pretty much have to go with any cop as you can easily have a black cop involved. White cop will can easily ignite trouble.

Again, we'll see how much Parker puts up with. I've seen only one illegal assembly regarding the Gaza manipulation movement by the largely white, middle aged slobby looking crowd taking over sidewalk on Market Street targeting some company about Israel.

Despite Parker's personal distrustful and shady history with Philly cops, she still pulls of the story line that she's pro-cop.
Well, the former head of the police union had the same attitude towards Blacks as the DA has towards cops. Maybe the two needed to cancel each other out.

And for years, the attitude among police unions was that cops could do no wrong. Say what you will about George Floyd or the aftermath of his murder, that incident at least dispatched that view or made it untenable among even the most old-school tough-on-crime types.

Parker's actions regarding the Police Department so far, IMO, don't warrant the shade you throw her above. Her message during the campaign was pretty clear and consistent, and it's in line with what many Blacks in this city actually think about the issue of police behavior. She has acted accordingly since.

And: FOP Lodge 5 now has a Black cop heading it. I think it will be interesting to see what he says and does when controversies arise. It certainly won't parrot the progressive line any more than what New York City Mayor Eric Adams said and did when he was wearing blue, but I have this strange feeling it might still prove discomfiting to you and MPK21.

Old 02-08-2024, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Well, the former head of the police union had the same attitude towards Blacks as the DA has towards cops. Maybe the two needed to cancel each other out.

That's an opinion, not a fact, and you've been pushing it for years.

You may be mistaking his attitude towards black criminals, who make up the majority of criminals in our city, as a bad attitude towards all blacks.

Old 02-08-2024, 05:02 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,180,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
That's an opinion, not a fact, and you've been pushing it for years.

You may be mistaking his attitude towards black criminals, who make up the majority of criminals in our city, as a bad attitude towards all blacks.
Given the things he said about the likes of former Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins, even when he did those ride-alongs with Philly PD officers who clearly got the importance of the community-relations part of their job (which I suspect is most of them), I'd say it's hard to distinguish between the two.

Old 02-08-2024, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Given the things he said about the likes of former Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins, even when he did those ride-alongs with Philly PD officers who clearly got the importance of the community-relations part of their job (which I suspect is most of them), I'd say it's hard to distinguish between the two.
Malcolm Jenkins? Lol Whatever was said about that bigot was probably true.

Old 02-10-2024, 05:50 AM

Center City, Judy Garland Park:
https://6abc.com/center-city-philade...lice/14406218/

Take the nets away, problem solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia