Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2023, 01:41 PM

1,027 posts, read 445,887 times

Advertisements

If S&F, or whatever name it morphs into, is utilized again, it will come under the same attack as before. How do you create an ''equal outcome'' to match Philly's demographics given the crime demographics generally and the gun violence/homicides in particular?

Parker is a long-term politician with a track record for sure. Given that she's almost a certain next mayor, we can only hope she's on the level. We'll see, but this is Philly after all.

Look at Parker's shady DUI case from 2011; at least future jailbird Seth Williams recused himself from that case from the get-go. Parker was eventually convicted, despite a judge and facebook friend dismissing her initial prosecution. Subsequent conviction followed and her appeal failed. Parker did 3 days in jail. Parker wasn't as pro-cop then as she claims to be now.

Is Parker on the level? For starters, Parker needs to get rid of our invisible Police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw.

Old 05-26-2023, 08:14 AM

1,697 posts, read 969,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK21 View Post
If S&F, or whatever name it morphs into, is utilized again, it will come under the same attack as before. How do you create an ''equal outcome'' to match Philly's demographics given the crime demographics generally and the gun violence/homicides in particular?

At some point we're going to have to equate the number of perpetrations with the number of arrests in regard to ethnicity.

You simply cannot cry fowl if the majority of a certain crime is perpetrated by a certain ethnicity and those numbers are reflected in the arrest data. I know it's taboo to say these words out loud but it's true.

Yes, the reasons why these numbers exist the way they do is a valid argument and should be addressed in a civil and proactive way that leads to paths of success that mitigate a path to violence. Resources should be flooded into impoverished communities where this violence is prevalent. Mentorships, vocational training, apprenticeships, higher (and lower) educational support are all services that can move the needle. Until then, those that choose a path of violence fore ANY reason, need to be stopped.

sorry.

Old 05-26-2023, 08:16 AM

1,697 posts, read 969,207 times
Quote:

...Look at Parker's shady DUI case from 2011; at least future jailbird Seth Williams recused himself from that case from the get-go. Parker was eventually convicted, despite a judge and facebook friend dismissing her initial prosecution. Subsequent conviction followed and her appeal failed. Parker did 3 days in jail. Parker wasn't as pro-cop then as she claims to be now.
Sounds like the system worked.

Old 05-26-2023, 03:00 PM

1,027 posts, read 445,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
Sounds like the system worked.
Local justice system worked 10 years ago because the state AG stepped in after Parker's 1st DUI trial was dismissed; that judge and DA Seth Williams were ''connected'' to Parker with Williams recusing himself, then the judge dismisses, and state AG subsequently stepped in and petitioned the court to reinstate charges.

Parker never backed off saying the arresting PPD cops were lying...lol...even though, among other things, she was busted driving down a one-way street in the wrong direction. No DL on her, registration, or proof of insurance to boot. Krazy story about what went down during her arrest...lol.

4-year long ordeal, including an appeal, conviction stands. Our future mayor did 3 days in jail.

Old 05-26-2023, 03:15 PM

2,045 posts, read 782,588 times
Quote:
Local justice system worked 10 years ago because the state AG stepped in after Parker's 1st DUI trial was dismissed; that judge and DA Seth Williams were ''connected'' to Parker with Williams recusing himself, then the judge dismisses, and state AG subsequently stepped in and petitioned the court to reinstate charges.

Parker never backed off saying the arresting PPD cops were lying...lol...even though, among other things, she was busted driving down a one-way street in the wrong direction. No DL on her, registration, or proof of insurance to boot. Krazy story about what went down during her arrest...lol.

4-year long ordeal, including an appeal, conviction stands. Our future mayor did 3 days in jail.
Oh God ... let's hope she's changed.

My wife listened to her the other day and said she sounds pretty ghetto (which is OK by me as long as she takes care of business).

Old 05-26-2023, 03:33 PM

1,213 posts, read 953,967 times
Quote:

Oh, so what? I would much rather have a Mayor that is rational with sound pragmatic views on issues, that one evening many years ago, made a mistake (like literally thousands of people across our country do every evening) and drove when she shouldn't have. So she tried to get out of the situation (like literally everyone in the world would do). I mean, h*ll, our last PRESIDENT tried to overthrow the United States of America.

Old 05-26-2023, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsport View Post
Oh, so what? I would much rather have a Mayor that is rational with sound pragmatic views on issues, that one evening many years ago, made a mistake (like literally thousands of people across our country do every evening) and drove when she shouldn't have. So she tried to get out of the situation (like literally everyone in the world would do). I mean, h*ll, our last PRESIDENT tried to overthrow the United States of America.
LOL ... Now you're going off the rails.

Old 05-26-2023, 07:23 PM

1,213 posts, read 953,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
LOL ... Now you're going off the rails.
I think anyone with a brain knows what Trump promoted and incited. Thousands of idiots from across the country didn't try to commit sedition based on their own independent thinking. Did you even watch Trump's speech before the attempted coup occurred? Let's not act like we're naive here.

Old 05-27-2023, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsport View Post
I think anyone with a brain knows what Trump promoted and incited. Thousands of idiots from across the country didn't try to commit sedition based on their own independent thinking. Did you even watch Trump's speech before the attempted coup occurred? Let's not act like we're naive here.
I'm sure you were really concerned that a bunch of idiots were capable of taking over the government. Please, the feigned fear is incredible.

Was it worse than the left promoting the riots of 2020?

Anybody with a brain, who is honest with themself, knows it wasn't.

Old 05-27-2023, 07:15 AM

8,983 posts, read 21,156,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
Oh God ... let's hope she's changed.

My wife listened to her the other day and said she sounds pretty ghetto (which is OK by me as long as she takes care of business).
Your wife has an…interesting take on a long-term political professional’s speech. I’ve seen Parker in debates and she was as articulate as the other candidates if not more so in some cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia