Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2023, 05:31 AM

1,036 posts, read 454,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingZen View Post
I think I know the post you were responding to (#505) but it wasn't making that point at all.
Post in-issue, in part "Pennsylvania is chock full of whites with a Mid-Atlantic drawl. But because they're white, their qualifications and intelligence are never questioned.''

That was the point.

Old 06-01-2023, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Maybe not guns, but bear spray, barricades, crutches, zip ties, and a bunch of fists and bodies were weapons enough. You've seen the videos.

And the Oath Keepers and Proud Boys were planning worse.

And no, I don't remember Trump offering help that was turned down on George Floyd Weekend. All that would have been at the state level, since no move was made to federalize the National Guard in any state. I myself wondered why the Guard appeared after the looting took place. But the blame for that lies at the feet of Gov. Wolf.
Bear spray, barricades, crutches, zip ties, and a bunch of fists and bodies were going to take down and replace the strongest country and military in the history of the world?

Blame lies with Kenney for any national guard issue but when they did come in after that knife wielding drug crazed maniac running around in the streets was taken out by PPD, which, of course, manipulated by the left, they secured the municipal building and city hall...lol.

DC Mayor had a handful of Guardsmen come to assist with traffic control...lol...before the ''Insurrection'' was to take place; for some reason, the mayor and Speaker Pelosi, who is in charge of Capitol security, didn't think additional security was needed for the Insurrection...that no one knew about? Doesn't make sense. lol

Another set-up was to get Trump to federalize the Guard and directly intervene, especially in places like Portland and Seattle, bastions of black activism (lol) so the narrative could read that Trump is trying to establish his Fascist Dictatorship...even as these govs and mayors across the country let their citizens lose their lives, businesses, property...disguised as racial justice protests.

Apparently large groups of unarmed right-wing activists and organizations can plan an Insurrection, even using a planned well in advance protest day at the Capitol and no intelligence organization etc will know about it.

Mayors Kenney had bigger issues to deal with in 2020: white oppressors like 15th Century Christopher and the Rizzo mural and statue...lol.

Another 2020 lesson learned is that the National Guard is used only for security around municipal buildings and traffic assistance even if there is anarchy in the streets of a city.

Old 06-01-2023, 09:17 AM

Quote:
You're deflecting from MSE's point.
which was...?

Old 06-01-2023, 10:15 AM

8,991 posts, read 21,214,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK21 View Post
Post in-issue, in part "Pennsylvania is chock full of whites with a Mid-Atlantic drawl. But because they're white, their qualifications and intelligence are never questioned.''

That was the point.
I think I understand now.

There seems to be a consensus in that Jim Kenney can't leave soon enough, yet I've never seen anyone here put down his speech which, outside of the NYC-Philadelphia axis, would be considered "less sophisticated" to many.

And yet Cherelle Parker's speech patterns is somehow considered "ghetto"...

Old 06-01-2023, 10:55 AM

Quote:
I think I understand now.

There seems to be a consensus in that Jim Kenney can't leave soon enough, yet I've never seen anyone here put down his speech which, outside of the NYC-Philadelphia axis, would be considered "less sophisticated" to many.

but we're in Philly, where Kenney is the mayor, so according to you it's not ''less sophisticated"? I suppose this is an attempt to deflect from the original post lol.

So, no, you don't understand now.

Old 06-01-2023, 04:38 PM

2,045 posts, read 800,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Oh, I'd say that the committee Liz Cheney co-chaired is more honest than half the sources you're probably getting your information from, if not all of them.
Unlike you - I believe my eyes. But, you're entitled to be wrong.

Old 06-01-2023, 04:40 PM

2,045 posts, read 800,216 times
Quote:

Yes. There's a big difference between a regional accent and someone talking 'ghetto/street.'

Old 06-01-2023, 11:09 PM

221 posts, read 116,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
Yes. There's a big difference between a regional accent and someone talking 'ghetto/street.'
I missed the speech, was it one of those "the brothers and sisters are runnin the city" type speeches? LMAOOO

I guess were 2 and 2 for black mayors. Goode and Nutter from the West Philly bougie class and Street and Parker from the North/Uptown...less bougie class. LmAo

Old 06-02-2023, 08:09 AM

8,991 posts, read 21,214,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
Except I have not heard Parker talk in the latter accused style, thus my sense of some inherent bias.

Yes, Nutter spoke "the King's English" but that shouldn't matter. If one thing recent times have shown, it's that voters will choose plain-spoken people because 1) they're more relatable and/or 2) their goals are more aligned than that of other candidates.

Edit to add: I looked up a random video of her speaking on YouTube. While she definitely sounds like she's from Philadelphia - as does current Mayor Kenney - I don't hear anything concerning about her speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLS1T6Bnqbw

Old 06-02-2023, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findingzen View Post
except i have not heard parker talk in the latter accused style, thus my sense of some inherent bias.

Yes, nutter spoke "the king's english" but that shouldn't matter. If one thing recent times have shown, it's that voters will choose plain-spoken people because 1) they're more relatable and/or 2) their goals are more aligned than that of other candidates.

Edit to add: I looked up a random video of her speaking on youtube. While she definitely sounds like she's from philadelphia - as does current mayor kenney - i don't hear anything concerning about her speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zls1t6bnqbw
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia