Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2014, 04:48 AM

652 posts, read 874,190 times

Advertisements

I once met a gay man dying from AIDS in Seattle in the 90's. That's all I have to say about that.

Old 04-09-2014, 12:08 PM

561 posts, read 1,180,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleister Crowley View Post
I once met a gay man dying from AIDS in Seattle in the 90's. That's all I have to say about that.
That's like saying that all drivers are bad because some die in traffic accidents. Come to think of it...

Seriously though, heterosexuals aren't immune from HIV, so what exactly is your point? That makes no more sense than arguing that African Americans have a higher rate of HIV, therefore being African American is wrong and/or illogical and harmful.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:01 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,448,803 times
Quote:
I assume this supports your belief that lesbianism is superior since they have the lowest rate of infection among all orientations. I can understand that, but not everyone can be a lesbian.

Old 04-09-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscomac View Post
I assume this supports your belief that lesbianism is superior since they have the lowest rate of infection among all orientations. I can understand that, but not everyone can be a lesbian.
Great point. Also, lesbians have the highest rates of monogamy, so you'd think persons who are truly concerned about STIs/public health would actually favor lesbian relationships.

Old 04-10-2014, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscomac View Post
The gay man I met in Seattle in the 90's was dying from AIDS. He didn't think anybody cared about him.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
The gay man I met in Seattle in the 90's was dying from AIDS. He didn't think anybody cared about him.
You still aren't addressing the issue posed to you. Lesbians have the highest rates of monogamy, and the lowest rates of HIV. So, by your logic wouldn't lesbian couples be considered superior to the two other couplings?

Old 04-10-2014, 11:41 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,768,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Are homosexual practices illogical and harmful?

If they are, then why are people forcefully pretending that they aren't?

If they are not illogical and harmful, why not?
Define your criteria for "logical". Much human behavior is not really logical, so I am not sure this is a good way to judge homosexuality. It is simply another aspect of human behavior. Since statistically, about 15% of the human race are either practicing or non-practicing homosexuals, it probably even falls within the bounds of normal behavior.

Is it harmful? I have not seen any evidence that it is other than the fact that there is a lot of illogical hate and scorn being directed at gay people, which must be hard on them.

Reading some of the other posts on this thread, it seems you are anti-gay. If so, just chill out about the whole thing. Evolution will select against any genes that are associated with being gay since they are not being passed on. But this is a new thing - it used to be that prejudices forced gay people to remain in the closet and engage in sham marriages. They had kids and their genes would be passed on. It is no longer the case that gay folks have to remain in the closet, so if you are anti-gay, you should actually embrace gay marriage as a way to sweep those genes from the gene pool.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathizer View Post
You still aren't addressing the issue posed to you. Lesbians have the highest rates of monogamy, and the lowest rates of HIV. So, by your logic wouldn't lesbian couples be considered superior to the two other couplings?
I can't answer that question because I am not a homosexual or a lesbian. The gay and lesbian community is an alternative lifestyle. Whatever makes them happy in life. Lesbians have known for quite some time they are extremely vulnerable to female seduction by another alluring woman.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
I can't answer that question because I am not a homosexual or a lesbian. The gay and lesbian community is an alternative lifestyle. Whatever makes them happy in life. Lesbians have known for quite some time they are extremely vulnerable to female seduction by another alluring woman.
OMFG! I've read some senseless statements on these forums, but that's one of the most pointless truisms I've ever read!

Yes, lesbians are vulnerable to seduction by other women. Heterosexual men are vulnerable to seduction by women. Heterosexual women are vulnerable to seduction by men (to a lesser degree). And homosexual men are vulnerable to seduction by other men. Oh, and bisexuals are vulnerable to seduction by both men and women.

So, I ask you again, what is your point? Because I'm still not seeing it. Virtually none of your posts seem to have one.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:51 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
But it would be harder for you to hate gay people if you just got to know a few.

Eventually you might even grow to have one or two as a friend, and then you would see why it seems so petty and hateful for people to go out of their way to make sure they never find any happiness in their life.

Take baby steps. There are a lot of "gay starter friends" out there that won't freak you out. Just nice dudes that are like you in almost every respect, except who they love. Trust me, you'll get over your hatred if you give it a chance.
When did SuperSoul say he "hates" homosexuals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy