Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 02:42 PM

235 posts, read 755,934 times

Advertisements

I have been driving the limit, and still see these fckers flash me. Its pretty rude to put these damn these everywhere, and they don't even work. And to revoke your right to drive, after paying taxes to a city where urban sprawl is almost the worst in the country? It is just disgusting.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:45 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhuh View Post
I have been driving the limit, and still see these fckers flash me. Its pretty rude to put these damn these everywhere, and they don't even work. And to revoke your right to drive, after paying taxes to a city where urban sprawl is almost the worst in the country? It is just disgusting.
Legally, driving is a PRIVILEGE, not a right. That's why you have to get a license in the first place.

Old 06-26-2010, 04:37 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times
If anyone has any complaints about the gilbert pd tell them in a e-mail. If you want to give them your name, address & phone # you're welcome to do so. police@gilbertaz.gov

Old 06-26-2010, 04:46 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhuh View Post
"Flashing" when you are driving the limit, Uhuh? I SERIOUSLY DOUBT IT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Legally, driving is a PRIVILEGE, not a right. That's why you have to get a license in the first place.
AMEN, Observer . . .

Driving is a NOT a right in any state, always a PRIVILEGE.

Old 06-27-2010, 06:31 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post

You know better than that, LVD . . . this is one of your most outrageous statements yet. Not everyone is ruled by the God Almighty Dollar.

Thanks, Darrell . . . I do believe in obeying ALL laws, not just the ones that meet my approval.

Also, I happen to live within walking distance of one of the first Red Light Camera intersections here in Tucson. Prior to the cameras being installed, major accidents, some deadly, were frequent, often more than two or three a day . . . after the cameras were installed, accidents have become a rarity.

That fact alone makes me a fan of the Red Light Cameras.
Bummer, while I'm not a big fan of the cameras I'm less of a fan of being T-Boned while crossing an intersection. Unfortunately many people have forgotten basic drivers ed when it comes to how many cars are allowed to go through the intersection when the light turns red.
As for the speed cameras, that's a different story since those can be triggered by a larger vehicle passing and a host of other malfunctions.

The question I have is when they pull the scameras down next month will all the outstanding citations be nullified?

Old 06-27-2010, 08:01 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
The question I have is when they pull the scameras down next month will all the outstanding citations be nullified?
I would assume absolutely not.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:06 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,417,986 times
Doesn't really matter since no one pays them anyways. I would love to see some stats on how many people actually pay or respond to their so-called citations.

They have a picture of me speeding, so why can't I send them a picture of cash, same concept.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:53 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times
From what a neighbor originally from az has told me it seems gilbert pd has nothing else better to do with their time but harass people.

I say NO donuts for 1 month for the gilbert police dept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area