Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 03:58 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,958,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanninefafb View Post
which subdivision do you live in. my husband and I were checking out the gated on on the golf course and really liked it. wondering which one you are in by 51st and baseline? But we liked that whole area anyway so we figured we would be pretty happy in any of those subdivisions.
We think the same way you do....look at all the potential for growth....I prefer to remain optimistic about laveen and we are certainly going for it!

51st Ave the streets are in the Tempe area of Baseline. My husband worked for a builder at a tract there in Laveen for 2 years. I hate to mention the builder but they are pretty good and built a nice house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2007, 04:41 PM

48 posts, read 216,059 times
If everything is comparable when you look at the two houses and the only difference is the yard and the location. I would vote for the one that it furthest away from the "uncomfortable areas". =)

Old 08-21-2007, 05:09 PM

89 posts, read 448,703 times
Thanks all.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:37 PM

6 posts, read 23,451 times
It is hard for me to understand how people don't mind the sacrifice living amidst the trashy areas surrounding Laveen just to have a new house that may be a good investment down the road. Do you all really enjoy driving out of your subdivision each day? Or how about friends and family coming to visit?

Old 08-21-2007, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breyau View Post
It is hard for me to understand how people don't mind the sacrifice living amidst the trashy areas surrounding Laveen just to have a new house that may be a good investment down the road. Do you all really enjoy driving out of your subdivision each day? Or how about friends and family coming to visit?

Or the schools........

Old 08-21-2007, 10:32 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,168,409 times
Quote:
That is exactly how I feel, too. I would be super depressed. I really enjoy great scenery and I certainly did not find it down there.

Old 08-22-2007, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun196 View Post
I felt the same way. After passing like 27th ave and baseline, it gets better.
Hoa has a community pool and stuff but still 110 is a lot. Thanks for your feedback. I may go to khov today :-). Last 1 month laveen prices has gone up 6%. I think it has a real good potential for nice investment.

Prices of homes in that area are way down from last year. Your neighbors have paid a lot more. Hopefully they won't need to sell and start dumping. The foreclosure rate in that zipcode according to AZ central doesn't look very good to me.

On the other hand if you feel safe in that area, don't have school age kids and plan on staying for awhile maybe it wouldn't be a bad investment.

home sales in arizona - home sales in maricopa - home sales in phoenix - home sales in pinal - azcentral.com (http://www.azcentral.com/class/marketplace/homes.php - broken link)

Old 08-22-2007, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Not every good area is surrounded by a great neighbourhood. Parts of Ahwatukee is surrounded by "trashy" areas too. It doesnt make sense to pay more for a smaller house or drive 40-50 miles just to have a nice neighbourhood on my drive to my house.

Old 08-22-2007, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
Or the schools........
27. Dont have kids yet :-)

Old 08-22-2007, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
That is exactly how I feel, too. I would be super depressed. I really enjoy great scenery and I certainly did not find it down there.
what better scenery you got than the mountains in phoenix....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area