Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 03:16 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,687,152 times

Advertisements

I'm sure some do, illegally.

Old 11-01-2011, 03:19 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,162,804 times
And yet, this is the Phoenix, Arizona relocation forum, not California.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:51 AM

50 posts, read 83,742 times
Arizona is definitely pro 2nd amendment on the individualist side. That being said, you've got everything in between from there. You've got the serious dangerous gun-nuts, and then the quiet concealed carry people who you would never suspect was ever carrying.

I've met some people here who are downright scary. I suppose I would call it immaturity with knowing how to live with the responsibility of weapon ownership. You don't need to verbally threaten people who disagree with you about trivial things. That said, it's not as bad as Texas here, though Tucson and Sierra Vista feels a lot like Texas sometimes.

There are a lot of people here who happily don't own too.

It all depends on the kind of company you want to keep.

I'm a total lefty ******* by Arizona standards, but I support gun rights very strongly. That being said, naming a state gun was unnecessary political ass-hattery. They probably thought about how to get that Martin Luther King holiday thing off the books too, while they were at it.

Regarding California... yea. Leave your gun at home when you visit.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:05 PM

33 posts, read 81,676 times
Yep, I never knew how to shoot until I got here, and I was also scared of guns. Now we frequently go east of Apache Junction to practice.

I carry a .38 (Midnight) Special wherever I go. If I'm wearing pants, it goes on my ankle. If I'm wearing shorts, it goes in my belt holster.

When we go to California, I take it along too. You never can be too prepared.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:23 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,088,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenfromcornwall View Post
Yep, I never knew how to shoot until I got here, and I was also scared of guns. Now we frequently go east of Apache Junction to practice.

I carry a .38 (Midnight) Special wherever I go. If I'm wearing pants, it goes on my ankle. If I'm wearing shorts, it goes in my belt holster.

When we go to California, I take it along too. You never can be too prepared.
Just make sure you're aware of our neighboring states' gun laws.

Quite different.

For example, one doesn't need a permit to carry concealed here.

And not all states have reciprocating gun laws.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:07 AM

6,341 posts, read 14,689,197 times
I love the title of this post. My wife got me a membership at the local indoor shooting range for christmas last year... i told her not to renew it, because if you dont have a reservation, you arent going to be shooting, even if you are a member of the club. Every saturday morning looks like 'black friday' , with a looong line of shooters waiting for the place to open.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:42 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,422,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Just make sure you're aware of our neighboring states' gun laws.

Quite different.

For example, one doesn't need a permit to carry concealed here.

And not all states have reciprocating gun laws.
Pointing out that neighboring states may have different laws which should be looked into, as above, is within the topic. Discussion of gun laws in other states, or countries, is off topic.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:07 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,088,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Pointing out that neighboring states may have different laws which should be looked into, as above, is within the topic. Discussion of gun laws in other states, or countries, is off topic.

Gotchya!

Just so folks are aware that informing a LEO here in AZ that you have a loaded pistola in the glove compartment is gonna have a much different result in say.....California.

And ya know us folks here in AZ like to travel to our friendly neighbors to the west.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:19 AM

9,532 posts, read 16,522,023 times
I don't have any guns. I've never owned one. I don't have any interest in them. The only gun I ever fired, was during Basic Training in the Air Force. I know I have never had as many people tell me they own guns, until I moved here in Sept. Seems everywhere I have gone where I meet people. Guns eventually comes up. I wouldn't say it was the dominant topic of conversation, but it seems to pop up frequently. Seems most of these people own guns, and have strong views for them. Since I have no backround in guns, and I'm not interested in a future with them. I basically let them talk about thier guns, and hope the conversation changes fast. Since I can't keep the topic up, I just don't have experience with it.

So yes I would say there are many people in the area that own guns.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:03 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,338,787 times
If you carry your favorite piece to a state to the west concealed, you are a felon, and you will lose your right to carry anywhere.

Long before the Concealed carry laws and long, long before the No permit to carry concealed law, I carried daily. Of course the state paid me to carry part of the time.

Arizona has had some of the most mythical gun laws only exceeded by Texas.

Bottom line is "Yes" guns are popular in Arizona, but the influx of dreamers from other states is causing conflicts.

Can you imagine what the crime rate would be if the honest citizens were not going so well healed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area