Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2007, 05:24 PM

14 posts, read 45,684 times

Advertisements

I do not need to say more! I agree 100%!

Old 11-15-2007, 05:33 PM

14 posts, read 45,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
Visiting Phoenix is one thing, living in Phoenix is a totally different thing. I can see how for a Californian, Phoenix might be an attractive location, lower cost of living etc, but I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for". California is super overrated in my opinion, but everytime I have been to California, I have always had a great time and found interesting things to see and do, cant say the same about Phoenix. Worst thing about Phoenix? The heat! Believe me, 110 F in Redding is not the same as 110 F in Phoenix. I would not recommend Phoenix to anybody, but once again, different ppl like different things!
I lived in So. Cal for a long time. The only cheaper than So. Cal is housing everything else is cheaper in So. Cal. My car insurance was less in So. Cal we had better produce and water. I would rather live in a box in So. Cal than live in sandbox in PHX>

Old 11-15-2007, 05:53 PM

203 posts, read 810,567 times
i`m sorry to thread jack. but i like it here. i left michigan.
i belive if you dont like where you live at?leave. you only go through life once. so enjoy it or at least try to.

Old 11-16-2007, 01:54 PM

29 posts, read 97,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettingoutphx View Post
I lived in So. Cal for a long time. The only cheaper than So. Cal is housing everything else is cheaper in So. Cal. My car insurance was less in So. Cal we had better produce and water. I would rather live in a box in So. Cal than live in sandbox in PHX>
where did you live in Southern California and why did you make the move to phoenix?

Old 11-16-2007, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveV View Post
Sorry, but the plastic/superficial society IS NOT the same in every city. Few in Boston or New York(or many other US cities) care what you drive, you are actually looked down on here somewhat if you flaunt wealth, only the "nouveau-riche" do that,or people willing to go into debt to impress others.. - I drive a beat-up 95 Subaru wagon and couldn't care less, I could go buy ANY vehicle I wanted this afternoon if I choose and be driving it tomorrow, but I don't need a car to impress people. If I drove this car in LA or Phoenix I would be looked down on, I am sure..
I lived in Boston and visited friends in New York regularly, there are superficial people there as well, apparently there are just so many people that you do not encounter them on a daily basis. Don't get me wrong I love it out there. But I am from so Cal and getting ready to move to Phoenix, I love the desert, I love the heat, I hate the humidity, I hate not having at least a tiny piece of land, how much land do you have in boston? And I don't feel threatened by superficial people because I am a secure person who feels comfortable with myself. Moderator cut: personal remark It might not matter what car you drive there because you have the T but I am almost positive that it matters what "area" of Boston you live in, which is equally superficial.

Last edited by sablebaby; 11-16-2007 at 02:28 PM.. Reason: too personal

Old 11-16-2007, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethland View Post
Now moving on to allergies. I never had allergies before I moved here. The locals or transplants kindly refer to the 5 year mark when your system can take no more and you develop some nasty nasty allergies. We've go them all here, pollen, mold, dust, dry-air, pollution, sun, and thats just to name a view.
, the housing is not affordable anymore because everybody from Californian wanted to move here and buy mansions. Its utter crap. There is no culture, the city is to young for it. Maybe when the lite-rail is completed it will bring the city more together, but you know what I'm outta here, and I'm not telling you where I'm going, because people in Phoenix are followers and I'm sick to death of everybody doing what the trend of the day is. As for wanting friendships with your neighbors, you better be Hispanic or Mormon. Everybody else goes home and stays there, unless they decided to go drinking and driving which everybody does here on the weekends. Happy Moves! P.S. I'm only 27 and was perfectly healthy before I moved here, can't say the same now.
Moderator cut: personal

You know what really bothers me is people who think that they come up with trends, it's typically younger girls who do this.. kinda surprising for someone your age to think that you are going to start some great trend on moving and that everyone in the state of AZ will follow cause you are just that effing cool. Moderator cut: personal remark

Last edited by sablebaby; 11-16-2007 at 02:27 PM.. Reason: personal remarks

Old 11-16-2007, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsundevil View Post
I grew up in urban diverse areas and sometimes as a child I was the minority at my school. I've seen way more thugs back east in the 80's then I have here..
I'm with you on that one, the area I live in So Cal had to change the wal mart hours to no longer being open 24 because too many people were getting shot in the parking lot late at night!
So I just make sure to go during the day

Old 11-16-2007, 05:19 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,958,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenrox81 View Post
I lived in Boston and visited friends in New York regularly, there are superficial people there as well, apparently there are just so many people that you do not encounter them on a daily basis. Don't get me wrong I love it out there. But I am from so Cal and getting ready to move to Phoenix, I love the desert, I love the heat, I hate the humidity, I hate not having at least a tiny piece of land, how much land do you have in boston? And I don't feel threatened by superficial people because I am a secure person who feels comfortable with myself. Moderator cut: personal remark It might not matter what car you drive there because you have the T but I am almost positive that it matters what "area" of Boston you live in, which is equally superficial.

I like it warm too but goodness gracious you can't possible love 115 degree heat. It's more like you deal with it but not love. Oh I can feel my skin cracking already......

Old 11-16-2007, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
I like it warm too but goodness gracious you can't possible love 115 degree heat. It's more like you deal with it but not love. Oh I can feel my skin cracking already......
Well I also lived in Fayetteville, NC for 3 years where it gets in the 90's with 90% humidity for several months during the year, and compared to that I LOVE 115 degree DRY heat. When you come outside of your house at 6 am and already can't breath cause the sweltering heat with the muggy nasty humid air trust me you LOVE 115 degree dry heat!

Old 11-16-2007, 05:41 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,958,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenrox81 View Post
Well I also lived in Fayetteville, NC for 3 years where it gets in the 90's with 90% humidity for several months during the year, and compared to that I LOVE 115 degree DRY heat. When you come outside of your house at 6 am and already can't breath cause the sweltering heat with the muggy nasty humid air trust me you LOVE 115 degree dry heat!

No I prefer it humid in the 90's sporatically than the 110-115 relentless. I don't mind 115 but I certainly dont love it. It gets old after awhile. I wish the heat would die down in the Fall too and not start up again so soon in the Spring. I guess you take the good with the bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area