Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 11:17 PM

919 posts, read 3,398,685 times

Advertisements

This is nuts.

Let me just preface this with the fact that I'm an immigrant. My family moved here when I was 6 and we all got green cards. My dad was a scientist and all three of us kids grew up, got degrees, and pay more into the system than we take. Immigrations has been key to this country's growth and is vital to the future. But is has to be managed.

This week's cop killer had been busted time and again. Deported 7 months ago, he kept showing up. He put a bullet in the face of a cop who stopped him for jaywalking. The last cop died for showing up to a bad check deal. Previous to that, a cop was killed for pulling soemone over for speeding. These weren't bak robbers or other heists. Just daily tasks that got terrribly violent.

It might help if the schools worked together to denounce this stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 11:37 PM

89 posts, read 448,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joninaz View Post
This is nuts.

Let me just preface this with the fact that I'm an immigrant. My family moved here when I was 6 and we all got green cards. My dad was a scientist and all three of us kids grew up, got degrees, and pay more into the system than we take. Immigrations has been key to this country's growth and is vital to the future But is has to be managed.

This week's cop killer had been busted time and again. Deported 7 months ago, he kept showing up. He put a bullet in the face of a cop who stopped him for jaywalking. The last cop died for showing up to a bad check deal. Previous to that, a cop was killed for pulling soemone over for speeding. These weren't bak robbers or other heists. Just daily tasks that got terrribly violent.

Why you being defensive

Old 09-20-2007, 01:07 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,735,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joninaz View Post
This is nuts.

Let me just preface this with the fact that I'm an immigrant. My family moved here when I was 6 and we all got green cards. My dad was a scientist and all three of us kids grew up, got degrees, and pay more into the system than we take. Immigrations has been key to this country's growth and is vital to the future. But is has to be managed.

Thank you, joninaz . . . BEAUTIFULLY STATED.

For the life of me, I have never understood why any intelligent individual with even the slightest hint of common sense would believe anyone who so arrogantly snubs his nose at our immigration laws while entering this country would ever respect or honor ANY of our other laws.

Officer Nick Erfie's unnecessary death is more proof the border needs to be closed immediately!

Old 09-20-2007, 05:28 AM

937 posts, read 2,836,284 times
Makes me sad and sick at the same time. I am seeking law enforcement jobs in Maricopa County right now, and this news gets me everytime.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:04 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,171,072 times
Ever since the alleged 'Hispanic' organizations started demanding rights for law-breakers here in the USA with those ill conceived marches in April 2006; things started going haywire as in both more criminal activity and the backlash by Americans of all backgrounds.

Now; it is high time to seriously 'clean house' and, before someone has the nerve to call me racist-------I would be just as offended if a bunch of Hungarians (almost always 'White') came here illegally and decided to thumb their noses at American society. Never mind that my father is a naturalized US citizen from that country.

Remember that US culture is essentially 'WASP' based: read that slow to anger, but when we do get pissed---------look out!

In fact; more and more Americans of Latino heritage also want the borders closed and the illegal immigrants expelled.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:08 AM

I could not agree more, ArizonaBear

Defending a COMMON CRIMINAL (notice no mention of race or country of origin) blatantly snubbing their noses at our Border Patrol Enforcement Officers and Immigrations Laws speaks volumes as to the LOYALTY as well as the MENTALITY of these irresponsible goons.

Hopefully, the leaders of Newark will pay dearly for their SANCTUARY CITY STATUS in the wake of the recent horrific college student slaughtering! We can only hope and pray other cities will wake up and follow suit before more tragedies occur.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:00 PM

547 posts, read 1,186,372 times
I watched his memorial service this morning and have to admit I bawled liked a baby. I didn't have the pleasure of knowing this man but I feel like I know him a little, after watching his service. It was beautiful. His partner gave a wonderful loving speech tribute, his wife wrote a beautiful funny letter about their lives together as a family and they had a slide show from his childhood on. It makes me sick this happened to him. The illegal alien who shot him had no respect for human life as he proved over and over with his crimes.

As long as our borders remain vulnerable, we will continue to see violent criminals entering our nation. Do NOT read this as a statement of belief that all immigrants nor even all illegal aliens are violent criminals. I feel a need to make that statement because some individuals on this forum jump on every left out clarification and claim racism. Yes, even when a race isn't even mentioned. It is sad that it took the death of this policeman to make some finally wake up to the danger we are in. Many citizens have been attacked and/or killed by individuals who shouldn't even be here. At least eyes are now opening wide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear
In fact; more and more Americans of Latino heritage also want the borders closed and the illegal immigrants expelled.
I agree with you ArizonaBear, I believe those whose loyalties are with the United States and no other country, especially those who took the oath of loyalty rather than received citizenship through amnesty, are just as horrified about the numbers of illegal aliens swarming into our borders as the rest of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees
I am seeking law enforcement jobs in Maricopa County right now, and this news gets me everytime.
I don't envy you. This is a very dangerous place to be an officer of the law, especially now. Some are willing to take a life rather than risk being deported. Even though they can (apparently) easily slip right back in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joninaz
The schools cannot take a stance on this because they are required to enroll all children regardless of citizenship.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:35 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,966,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun196 View Post
Why you being defensive

Read this board everyone is called a racist on this Phoenix forum when they mention the word illegal.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:45 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,765,495 times
What a beautiful young man that officer was. I feel so bad for his family. I am tired of importing criminals, we have plenty of homegrown ones here already. To our Judges: If they commit a crime here, SEND THEM HOME!

Old 09-24-2007, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
Read this board everyone is called a racist on this Phoenix forum when they mention the word illegal.
THANK YOU, Sheena! ! ! ! !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area