Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 05:15 PM

252 posts, read 954,227 times

Advertisements

For chains, I like Red Robin, Claim Jumper, Joe's Crab Shack (get the BBQ Dungeness crab) I like the salad bar at Marie Callander's too and the bagels at Einstein's.

When I go to Phoenix, mostly I eat Mexican food because it is horrid here in Oregon. La Pinata is another one of my favorite Mexican restaurants.

There was a local restaurant on 19th Ave around Indian School called My Mother's that used to have great food at reasonable prices. I don't know if it is still there and still good. They had wonderful ribs.

Phoenix is also a big town for Pizza. A ton of people from New York and Chicago moved there and you can find both kinds of pizza. I don't even like pizza and I often eat it in Phoenix. My fave is Raffaele's Sicillian style. It is on 19th Ave and Glendale. There is a chain around town that delivers that I've had good pizza from and I can't remember the name might be Rosati's. I remember eating Streets of New York too.

Miracle Mile deli is also one of my favorite places. There are several locations. I love the beef brisket sandwich and their fries are great.

Phoenix isn't a foodie destination like some cities are but there is plenty to eat. I'm sure there are lots of fancy gourmet restaurants in Scottsdale but that just isn't my taste in food so I would not know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2007, 05:15 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,448,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
Yeah Phx has all the chains, but we do have In N Out burger as well.

AJ's Fine Foods I like for bakery items and popping in for lunch. You wouldn't want to do a big shop there $$$.

Trader Joes
Sprouts
Whole Foods
Frys
Safeway
Albertsons
Costco
Sams
Walmart

What am I forgetting?

Mexican restarants up the wazoo I can't help you with the good ones because I don't eat Mexican Food. I'm sure others will chime in.
Thanks for the information. We have a lot of those restaurants and stores here in Washington. I think Albertsons and Safeway are wayyyy too expensive here though. And is Frys like an electronics store?

Old 11-18-2007, 05:20 PM

Nope, Fry's is a grocery store. I believe it is owned by Kroger but it isn't as upscale as QFC is.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee151 View Post
Nope, Fry's is a grocery store. I believe it is owned by Kroger but it isn't as upscale as QFC is.
Oh, OK. We had Kroger's when I lived in Cincinnati, I really liked them. They didnt have them in Florida, but here in Washington they have Fred Meyers which carries some Kroger brands.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Oh, OK. We had Kroger's when I lived in Cincinnati, I really liked them. They didnt have them in Florida, but here in Washington they have Fred Meyers which carries some Kroger brands.
QFC which are in WA and OR are a Kroger store too. Kroger bought Smitty's in Phoenix and changed them to Fred Meyer's but they didn't last. It was so weird for me to see Fred Meyer in Phoenix.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:44 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,458,820 times
Quote:
Can anyone tell me what kind of restaurants and grocery stores, etc. that are in Phoenix (I guess I could look online but I like talking to you guys better)? Do you have the usual McDonald's, Wendy's, Arby's, blah, blah?
Is this what you are looking for? If yes, you will be quite pleased.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Is this what you are looking for? If yes, you will be quite pleased.
Read up

Old 11-18-2007, 05:48 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,458,820 times
Quote:
Hehe, I didnt mean to imply that it was a third world country, I only meant that those restaurants I listed were boring to me. I was hoping that there was something more scintillating (did I spell that right?) to my taste buds.
Well, I just read this. Chain restaurants are very popular here. I can recommend one Mexican place and a suitable Chinese place that are not chains. Otherwise, you are looking at chains, unless you want to spend big money for the good restaurants or just eat at ho hum places for an average price. Just my opinion, ymmv.

This is not a place where you are going to find anything like you would in a sophisticated city, because Phoenix is not a one of them.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:49 PM

I want a good steak and a baked potato. Can I get that there?

Old 11-18-2007, 05:52 PM

And a good cowboy, too, if you have any of them there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area