Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 04:23 PM

4,073 posts, read 5,169,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I disagree with that statement crime is a big issues here my neighborhood is having big problem theft and the police are not doing much about it. You see all those people holding up signs begging for money to feed their drug habits where do you think they get money from walking up into my neighborhood and taking things from cars and garages.
Actually...there have been some underground reports that a lot of those "druggies" holding up signs make $60k+, tax free off the compassion of others. I'd look to see if the teenagers in your neighborhood are bored and looking for unlocked doors. Security Cameras are getting less expensive every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 04:44 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,168,328 times
Here's one above ground report about panhandlers: I say to them, "You wanna tip? Go get a freakin' job," and then I drive off into the sunset.

Although I do not have the statistics, I believe most of them are mentally ill bums or druggies without jobs.

I never answer my front door. Some kid is going to be looking at the nasty end of a piece of lead if they decide to explore my back yard to see if the back is locked. The cost of a bullet? Maybe 50 cents. The look on their face when they realize I'm just going to shoo them out of my back yard: priceless!

(That is 'shoo' not 'shoot.' Not worth a bullet unless unauthorized visitor brings their own lead, or a knife.)

Then I'm going to put it away and follow them home, come back later when their parents are home and tell them what their kids have been up to.

Already did that once. Neighbor was really mad, but not mad at me! I wonder how that kid's butt felt later that evening. Never had any more trouble though.

Old 05-03-2017, 04:52 PM

4,073 posts, read 5,169,024 times
Here's another one for you then:

https://youtu.be/0Swzvm-gXHg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area