Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 02:23 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,417,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drb85650 View Post
Tell me, with the camera's clicking away, how fast do you think I should go in a 65 zone? Maybe you were the bozo behind me Friday, flipping the bird as I did 68 in a 65 in the HOV lane? Maybe you are the young "woman" on the cell phone yakking away, but only 10' off my bumper? Maybe you are the "younger" driver who think you can control any vehicle at any speed and wish any of us with even a hint of grey should just give up?
There is always someone who thinks they should get to drive whatever speed they like, everyone else is stupid and a horrid driver, and the fast lane is theirs only.
And for those who've never driven a "huge" SUV, try parking in a regular space. When you get it in there, pity the persons beside you who cannot get their doors open. That is why many take up 2 spaces. And besides, if you're such a great driver, can't you do a reverse 180 right into the barely wide enough slot by the SUV and climb out the window?!!
The HOV lane is the fast lane when not in use as a HOV lane, you do realize this right?

If you are doing 68 in the fast lane, and someone is behind you, you need to move your ass out of the left lane and let them pass, not be a ******* and sit there like a retard. Once they pass, you can move back into the lane, although if you are only driving at 68 I would suggest just staying int he left lane from now on.

I drive a big truck (07 Silverado) and I can fit into any parking space just fine, and I am able to open my doors and get out too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 02:34 PM

687 posts, read 2,952,206 times
Nope. You're that great a driver and more important, just go around me. Get closer, I just slow down. Deal with it.
And a Silverado isn't a big SUV. F350 duelie, Excursion...more along those lines.
BTW...I drive fast when I can without the risk of cameras or idiots who think they're big shots. That's mostly on the open interstate, usually 85-95, sometimes a tad more.
But the time difference in metro Phoenix traffic between 10-15 over in spurts between camera enforcement zones and a steady 3-5 over without speedup, slowdown....what do ya figure? a couple minutes for most commutes? My $185 or whatever the fine is, more important to me than being "first". Just keep flipping me off. I might have saved you $185.
Or your life, if you run into somebody who thinks you're too slow....

Old 01-20-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Nope. You're that great a driver and more important, just go around me. Get closer, I just slow down. Deal with it.
And a Silverado isn't a big SUV. F350 duelie, Excursion...more along those lines.
BTW...I drive fast when I can without the risk of cameras or idiots who think they're big shots. That's mostly on the open interstate, usually 85-95, sometimes a tad more.
But the time difference in metro Phoenix traffic between 10-15 over in spurts between camera enforcement zones and a steady 3-5 over without speedup, slowdown....what do ya figure? a couple minutes for most commutes? My $185 or whatever the fine is, more important to me than being "first". Just keep flipping me off. I might have saved you $185.
Or your life, if you run into somebody who thinks you're too slow....
Retards like you are the reason there are so many accidents. You should NEVER have to pass on the right.

F350's and Excursions are roughly the same size as my truck in length and width.

You can drive more than 68 by a camera, you can go up to 74 I believe, so speed up, or get the **** over.

Who do you think you are? You're not special, you need to follow the same rules everyone else does, and lean how to drive.

Karma is a *****, and it will come back on you someday. I really hope I run into you on the road.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:10 PM

687 posts, read 2,952,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
Retards like you are the reason there are so many accidents. You should NEVER have to pass on the right.
Just calling people "retards" says plenty about you. What class.

F350's and Excursions are roughly the same size as my truck in length and width.
Try again. Unless you've a duelie, or least a 3/4t lwb, no where close.

You can drive more than 68 by a camera, you can go up to 74 I believe, so speed up, or get the **** over.
You believe? so you're paying the ticket?

Who do you think you are? You're not special, you need to follow the same rules everyone else does, and lean how to drive.
Follow the same rules? wouldn't that mean I have to obey the speed limit? afterall.....

Karma is a *****, and it will come back on you someday. I really hope I run into you on the road.
By the indication of your driving habits, chances are you will....run into me or someone else driving in a sane manner

Old 01-20-2009, 04:09 PM

559 posts, read 1,464,510 times
Its not Phoenix drivers, its all the other city drivers moving to Phoenix.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:27 PM

458 posts, read 1,671,053 times
So wait, how fast is too fast then? Is the speed limit just a suggestion, or is it actually supposed to be the limit, regardless of what lane you are in? I don't live in Phoenix, I'm just curious.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
By the indication of your driving habits, chances are you will....run into me or someone else driving in a sane manner
You can definitely tell how I drive over the internet.

You aren't driving in a "sane" manner you are driving like you think you're better than everyone else on the road and don't feel you should obey basic traffic knowledge.

What's your license plate number and type of vehicle? I want to make sure I tailgate you next time you think you can do 68 in a 65 in the FAST lane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriwx View Post
So wait, how fast is too fast then? Is the speed limit just a suggestion, or is it actually supposed to be the limit, regardless of what lane you are in? I don't live in Phoenix, I'm just curious.
No, it's just a suggestion. You won't get pulled over for going 5-10 over the speed limit, cops don't waste their time.

Last edited by KarmaPhx; 01-20-2009 at 06:47 PM..

Old 01-20-2009, 06:58 PM

611 posts, read 1,991,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriwx View Post
Every state gives some leeway over the limit. The speed above posted needs to be over 10MPH to get a photo radar fine. So "limit" is really relative.

drb you pose as much or more danger as the speeder who becomes irritated when you stubbornly refuse to yield or slow down in the passing lane. You can choose to move over in a sane manner but instead choose to p1ss off the speeder forcing him over into slower traffic in the right lanes. Be the grown-up and let the fool by. Please don't endanger me and my family by forcing an aggressive driver to cut me off so he can get around you.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:03 PM

Exactly, passing on the right is much more dangerous to everyone than just moving over and letting everyone pass.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:26 PM

399 posts, read 554,656 times
Every single state thinks they have the worst drivers.
Maybe America is crappy all together?
(At driving?) aha. Probably.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area