Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2009, 09:32 PM

6 posts, read 20,552 times

Advertisements

hi-
I used to live in the Phoenix area and worked in Tempe, so I lived in Mesa and Chandler. Now I will be starting a new program at ASU West but I don't know where a good place is to live in the north. I don't want a long commute, safety is important, and I like to have a lot of things nearby so that I am not driving all over the place to do daily stuff. I've been trying to check out various apartment sites but its really hard to know what the areas are like. Any suggestions on apartment complexes I ought to check out would be much appreciated. I'd like to stay within a 10 mile radius of the West campus. Oh, and I don't currently live in AZ so I can't drive around to check things out myself. Hoping some of you will be my eyes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 12:19 AM

1,046 posts, read 3,484,089 times
27th and Yorkshire (SE corner of the 101 and 17)(5 miles) is very convenient. There is a big strip mall with Target, movie theater, restaurants, and all that jazz.

75th and just south of Bell. (5 miles) You would be behind a Target again and next to many bars/restaurants and the mall, the Arrowhead area, the best shopping in the NW Valley. Its right by the Padres/Mariners spring training facility.

There are some places right by Banner Thunderbird (hospital) about a mile form campus.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:10 PM

Thanks!

Old 04-08-2009, 06:50 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,296,391 times
You could live near Arrowhead such as 59th and Union Hills. That's not too far from ASU west. There are some nice apartments that are safe.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:01 AM

1,046 posts, read 3,484,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
You could live near Arrowhead such as 59th and Union Hills. That's not too far from ASU west. There are some nice apartments that are safe.
I didn't even think about this area. This would be my number #1 choice if I was in your situation.

If we are thinking of the same place, its one set of lights just North or that intersection. Bunch of apartments next to a big strip mall/boutique stipmall thing, a few little restaurants and a bar across the street from the apartments. Its right next to Midwestern University (PA, PT and some other masters programs in the health field) so there would be some younger people in their mid to late 20's. Also close to a city library. About 1/2 mile North is another shopping area with 2 grocery stores and about 20-30 other businesses.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:24 PM

Really Helpful....thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area