Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 09:47 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,608,054 times

Advertisements

Arpaio has gone mad with power and the time has come for him to be removed from public office.

Today deputies raided a county building to take control of computers that Arpaio demanded access to. He was denied access to the computers because the computer system contain sensitive information such as privileged court e-mails that might contain information in regards to him.

Arpaio enjoys Hitler like support from certain segments of Maricopa county. Much like Hitler he is removing unwanted segments of the population (in a different manner of course) so his egregious abuse of power is often overlooked and not acknowledged by these people.

Maricopa County sheriff's deputies on Wednesday stormed into a county building, seized control of a computer system
and threatened to arrest county employees if they tried to stop them, according to county officials. ..

"The sheriff did not receive permission from - or give notice to - any other elected official or stakeholder agency before barging in with armed officers and demanding that he be given exclusive control," he said...

County Manager Smith called the action "the lowest common denominator of a thug, which is the use of force. (Sheriff Joe Arpaio) has no authority in law - or business practice - to do this. He just decided . . . to send in deputies and take over and kick the staff out. It's a misappropriation of public assets."

Old 08-13-2009, 10:51 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,250,314 times
I actually met the jerk while I was doing deliveries in the City of Phoenix building. I was going up the elevator when he got on. I looked at him and he actually said hello. I just glared back at him with a dirty look. He then said, "ah, you must have been to my jail." Give me a break, I have to go to his jail not to like him??? What an ego this guy has. I sincerely believe it is the people in Sun City mostly who keep re-electing this jerk.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:56 AM

3,995 posts, read 10,020,128 times
I agree with some of his ideology, but he is just a moron who lacks any smarts and savvy. If he was actually intelligent he would find ways to enforce the law, tackle problems he states, and save us taxpayers millions every month on lawsuits, litigation, and stupid legal fees and inquiries. I feel his time in office may be coming to a forced end. I think the courts will have some impact on his removal from "absolute" power. He is stepping on too many toes, breaking too many laws, and overstepping his rights and "pay-grade."

Old 08-13-2009, 11:17 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,708,061 times
As I have posted many times in the past on this forum and others . . .

The State of Arizona as well as this entire country would be a better place if we only have more leaders like Sheriff Joe instead of the agenda driven, pompous, deceitful, "professional" goons in power today.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:27 AM

3,995 posts, read 10,020,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post

The State of Arizona as well as this entire country would be a better place if we only have more leaders like Sheriff Joe instead of the agenda driven, pompous, deceitful, "professional" goons in power today.
Arizona would be more INDEBT if we had more leaders like Sherrif Joe...Thank goodness we don't have such baboon-ism and ego-driven, self-serving Joke Arpaios in office.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:18 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,427,256 times
One big problem with this current maneuver is that he was previously denied access, by court order, to e-mails which he now has access to because of the seizure of the server.

Sorry, but his actions here are WAY out of line. He's cost us a fortune, and now he's got us back in court again, for violating a court order by this "seizure".

Bummer, sorry, but you don't live in Maricopa County, so your tax dollars are not going down the drain in this man's office.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:38 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,701,411 times
Quote:

I am going to disagree only because law enforcement is suppose to be just and fair, not one sided because they look different. There are more illegals then only Hispanics and since people think illegal immigration can be tracked by news articles it proves my point even more.

Illegal Asians and Illegal east Europeans do not openly seek out services or stand out on the side of the road like Hispanics do. They go at it in a different way and it is sad that 50+ years all the blame has been towards the Hispanic community.
As i said you cannot rely on news to track illegal immigration, i am going to contradict that statement for a moment to make a point. ABC news back in the mid 90's had a story of a few places storing illegal Vietnamese, about 15 of them sharing bunk beds and such. Doing slave labor for these few people in hopes they would receive citizenship.
My co-worker was telling me about the stories from his grandfather how even back then they were receiving the majority of the blame for whatever problems people were having.

Because they look different than yourself does not mean they have done something wrong...

To finish, way to alienate another group of people, thanks Joe.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:17 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,608,054 times
Quote:

You just described Sheriff Joe. You do not live here so you do not see how "agenda driven, pompous, deceitful, and a goon" he truly is...

Old 08-13-2009, 01:45 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,708,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
You just described Sheriff Joe. You do not live here so you do not see how "agenda driven, pompous, deceitful, and a goon" he truly is...
Shocking news, Ibarrio . . . we have both Newspapers and TV here in Tucson.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:49 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,751,508 times
I still support Joe. Wonder what monkey shine the county is up to prompting such a raid? We have an administration in power now that is just as power hungry and I fear just as intrusive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area