Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 05:29 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,076,577 times

Advertisements

hey acrylic....your enthusiasm is fantastic....

some sections of those route possibilities are only two-lane roads, like sections of 191, 89, and others....check the forecast and all that.....drive carefully.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 06:02 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,580,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
hey acrylic....your enthusiasm is fantastic....

some sections of those route possibilities are only two-lane roads, like sections of 191, 89, and others....check the forecast and all that.....drive carefully.....
Thanks for the heads up on the two-lane roads. I'll also keep up to date on the forecast before leaving as I probably won't have any internet access on the way. I won't go out of my way for it, to be honest. I want to be away from the internet for the couple/few days it takes me to get down there.

And yes, I'm very enthusiastic and excited! It's so unbelievably exciting. Moving out, leaving my hometown, driving across the country, and moving to a different city in a completely different state!

Old 03-18-2010, 06:26 PM

76 posts, read 212,941 times
Default Congrats

I'm moving too. In about 10 days. Driving across country from NYC to Phoenix.

Hope my house closes about then too.

All good. Start job early April.

I know what it feels like. Just keep packing, throwing stuff out, Craiglisting to sell stuff off, etc.

Scott

Old 03-18-2010, 09:03 PM

125 posts, read 252,788 times
Hey Scott, Im moving to phx from Long Island in July....driving also...good luck to you...

Old 03-18-2010, 09:22 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,732,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic View Post
And yes, I'm very enthusiastic and excited! It's so unbelievably exciting. Moving out, leaving my hometown, driving across the country, and moving to a different city in a completely different state!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottNYC View Post

Scott
Quote:
Originally Posted by rammie View Post
Hey Scott, Im moving to phx from Long Island in July....driving also...good luck to you...
Good Luck, Guys . . . a positive attitude works wonders.

I relocated to Tucson not knowing a soul about 12 years ago and my only complaint has been I should have done it much sooner.

Once again . . . GOOD LUCK.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:26 PM

125 posts, read 252,788 times
Thanks Bummer and you are so right about the positive attitude. With all the complaints on some of these blogs, its nice to get some positive feedback.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:04 PM

94 posts, read 245,550 times
I have been over your western route many times in all weather. As you come out of the black hills and head south wind has always been a problem for me in WY. This all depends on what you are driving. I was through there in April one year and it was snowing sideways so bad on I25 that you could only go about 25 miles per hour simply because you could not see more than about 30 or 40 feet. Last year I was through there in June came down through Billings and south. There was no snow but I fought wind all the way through WY. It was pushing my 5th wheeler around pretty good a few times. You go through a tunnel at the top of the Rockies and that should be no big deal on I70. I have been through there in all weather conditions. The route you are taking from Denver to PHX is the way most trucks run because it is shorter than I40/I25.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Congrats on the move! Looks like you'll make it into town when I'm there for "spring break" (Visiting 2 weeks before moving? Yes! ).

That's got to be a looooooong drive... I couldn't imagine adding another 500 miles onto my journey (Mine will be just under 2,000 miles) But still, it's exciting, no matter how long it would be. I'll have my sights set and locked to my destination, and that's all that matters!

Old 03-19-2010, 06:58 AM

76 posts, read 212,941 times
Default Did it Before

About 20 years ago I drove from WA state to NYC, so this is a sort of West homecoming for me. More space! Less hipsters Less gov't...

Anyways, I'll up the ante, and mention I have a cat driving along with me. Beat that -

Is it true you can get in trouble leaving a pet in the car while going into a store? Or was that just for kids... Damn nanny state.

Scott

Old 03-19-2010, 08:22 AM

Quote:
About 20 years ago I drove from WA state to NYC, so this is a sort of West homecoming for me. More space! Less hipsters Less gov't...

Anyways, I'll up the ante, and mention I have a cat driving along with me. Beat that -

Is it true you can get in trouble leaving a pet in the car while going into a store? Or was that just for kids... Damn nanny state.

Scott
I definitely can't beat that. At least you won't be lonely on the road!

All I'm going to bring with me are my clothes, my electronics (laptop, camera, etc), and my movies and books. Everything else will go in the U-Haul when my sisters move down. (Such as my guitars and whatnot)

I'm trying to make it as efficient of a trip as I can because I don't want anything or anyone bogging me down. That's why in the end I realized it was best for no one else to come along with me. Though it'll be lonely travelling those 2,000 miles alone, all I have to do is look after myself.

I don't know how much of trouble you can get for leaving a pet in the car. I mean, if you keep the windows cracked, park in the shade, etc, it shouldn't be a big deal. But just make sure you don't take too long in the store. Judge it like if you were to be stuck inside a car for an amount of time without it running, your pet should be treated with that in mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area