Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 03:33 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,556,285 times

Advertisements

So, guys in their 20's only go to bars where the bartenders and waiters are ugly men?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 05:53 AM

3,110 posts, read 2,920,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPizzaHutFan View Post
Y'all seem to be super confused about what young people do and why they do it, so I'm going to help you out and fill you in here.

The entire point of a place like Hooters or Tilted Kilt is that young women in their twenties are there baring skin in return for money.

Attractive, normal men in their twenties are being exposed to naked women in their twenties as a part of their normal social lives, because that is what happens to men when they're normal and attractive: They see women in their age group naked. This is true whether you're twenty or fifty.

If you need to spend money to leer at women in their twenties who are showing skin, there are a few reasons you have to do that:

A> You're not in your twenties
B> You aren't attractive enough for a woman to want you to see her naked without an incentive
C> A combination of A and B

No one is going to Tilted Kilt or Hooters for the food. They are going to look at women in their twenties who are showing skin. They are doing this because they are either not in their twenties anymore, or because they're in their twenties but they are not attractive, or they're weird.

This bizarre idea that I_Like_Spam fronted that Tilted Kilt is a hangout for normal well-adjusted people in their twenties is comical. As a person who has left his twenties much more recently than you have, you are wrong and you are buying into a very sad marketing machine.
Thank you!

Old 10-14-2015, 06:41 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,600,297 times
We went to a Tilted Kilt in Chicago one time because we were in the Loop and it was the first restaurant we found that had NFL Sunday ticket. Went in thinking it would be funny; left after one quarter because we couldn't stomach it any longer. A lot of men who could be my dad trying to flirt with women who could be my daughter. I admit I have not been back, but that experience is tough to shake.

About the North Shore restaurants in general, we end up at Rivertowne every now and then during non-game times for a quick bite, and are always struck by the number of people from out of town. I'm not making that judgment based on anything other than overhearing conversations and sometimes being asked the best way to get back on whichever freeway. The locals know you can get much better food over on Western Ave or in the Strip District, which is where we go 95% of the time too.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:44 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,600,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
So, guys in their 20's only go to bars where the bartenders and waiters are ugly men?
I don't think that's the point at all. It's just that the particularly dehumanizing costumes at Tilted Kilt are really not appealing if you are actually young enough to relate to the women who are wearing them.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:59 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
TK, McFaddens's, Rivertowne, etc.. are good time. Can't even imagine having a problem with the uniforms.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:11 AM

618 posts, read 692,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPizzaHutFan View Post
Haha, sure thing dad. *thumbs up*
This thread delivers!

Old 10-14-2015, 07:49 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,886,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkTransplant View Post
I don't think that's the point at all. It's just that the particularly dehumanizing costumes at Tilted Kilt are really not appealing if you are actually young enough to relate to the women who are wearing them.
Plus the ones that work at the north shore location were all pretty fugly from my one time being there.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:08 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,556,285 times
I used to buy Playboy for the articles.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:52 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Schwabe View Post
This thread delivers!
Sure does. Hard to believe anyone could complain about bars, restaurants, and uniforms. Thankfully for those places and us who enjoy them, they thrive and are packed on gamedays and events.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:55 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,946,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
TK, McFaddens's, Rivertowne, etc.. are good time. Can't even imagine having a problem with the uniforms.
...says the middle-aged guy from the exurbs, thus proving Bigpizzahutfan's point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh