Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 08:06 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,953,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
What if he got fed up with the service he was getting from the city and this was his statement saying, f-u I am not paying taxes to a city that isn't providing service? Did you ever think that was the sequence. He got tired of being robbed, knowing who robbed him over and over, providing that information to the police that didn't care about it and he just said, enough, I am done paying for no service?
Because obviously the best course of action when you don't like how the local government is operating is to refuse to pay your taxes... that'll teach 'em!

Old 11-04-2015, 08:08 AM

3,112 posts, read 2,931,450 times
Quote:
What if he got fed up with the service he was getting from the city and this was his statement saying, f-u I am not paying taxes to a city that isn't providing service? Did you ever think that was the sequence. He got tired of being robbed, knowing who robbed him over and over, providing that information to the police that didn't care about it and he just said, enough, I am done paying for no service?
Well he was robbed in the summer of 2015, so I am not sure why he was not paying his taxes for 4 years before that.

Also, even if it was his own personal f-u attempt to the city, that is pretty childish, and not really the correct way to handle things as a business owner. What if everyone did that? I paid my taxes but my street didn't get paved this year so next year I am not paying taxes. Makes complete sense.

If he thinks his city services were bad when he was paying his taxes, did he think they would get any better when he stopped paying them?

Old 11-04-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
I am still waiting on your $25,000 in tax? Let me know when you have your information for us.
Here's a another great example of your failure to properly read a thread... where do you get the idea that I came up with the $25K figure?

Old 11-04-2015, 08:18 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,090,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
Here's a another great example of your failure to properly read a thread... where do you get the idea that I came up with the $25K figure?

Sciulli Stated: gg, from what I understand, he owes ~$25k, not a few hundred. And the delinquency started 4 years ago which is long before these robberies started this past summer.

Quote:
Good luck setting that poster straight. He doesn't bother with actually reading and absorbing the relevant thread information before chiming in with some ridiculous response. It's really not worth the effort in trying to correct him.
Seems you are backing the $25,000 and you wanted to "set me straight". Well show me where he owes the city of Pittsburgh that pays for policing $25,000.

Nuff said. NEXT!

Old 11-04-2015, 08:20 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
Well he was robbed in the summer of 2015, so I am not sure why he was not paying his taxes for 4 years before that.

Also, even if it was his own personal f-u attempt to the city, that is pretty childish, and not really the correct way to handle things as a business owner. What if everyone did that? I paid my taxes but my street didn't get paved this year so next year I am not paying taxes. Makes complete sense.

If he thinks his city services were bad when he was paying his taxes, did he think they would get any better when he stopped paying them?
I agree with this, but I also feeling the tax issue is ONLY a smoke screen to the actual problem. The tax issue shouldn't be part of this discussion, what should be the focus is how to fix the crime in a dangerous area, but I don't think people want to address that part. It is easier to just say, well he didn't pay his taxes, so whatever.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Sciulli Stated: gg, from what I understand, he owes ~$25k, not a few hundred. And the delinquency started 4 years ago which is long before these robberies started this past summer.

Seems you are backing the $25,000 and you wanted to "set me straight". Well show me where he owes the city of Pittsburgh that pays for policing $25,000.

Nuff said. NEXT!
You aren't making any sense. I never mentioned $25K. To me, the amount of delinquent taxes is not the issue. It's the principle. Don't complain about local government while you are refusing to pay your taxes. Is that simple enough for you to understand?

Are you trying to save face by claiming I said something I never said? You want to win an argument so bad that you really don't care what I actually wrote? No wonder you aren't "popular" on this board, as you so astutely pointed out in a recent thread. It's never too late to gain a measure of maturity, gg.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:26 AM
gg

I used to live not far from this place on Perry Hilltop. I really thought it would get better up there, but it is sure undiscovered still. I looked at a building on Perrysville less than a year ago. Do you know you can buy a home up around there for $10,000? I really feel they need to get a handle on crime up there. It is so close to the city and could be wonderful, but the crime is such an issue, not to mention the school selection.

Anyway, I am done with this thread. Enough was said. It is about the taxes now. He OWES the city maybe a few grand or whatever. He may owe the school district more and maybe the county, but this is a police issue and you can't LUMP taxes to create a bigger smoke screen. The school tax doesn't pay for police. The county may pay a little for police, but not locally.

Enjoy.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:31 AM
gg

Quote:
You aren't making any sense. I never mentioned $25K.
Did you miss the part where you said, "good luck setting the poster straight"? You are the one not making sense. Let me try and simplify this for you.

1. Sciulli states he owes back taxes in the amount of $25,000
2. I question the amount and don't feel he owes that amount to the city which provides policing.
3. You state, "good luck setting the poster straight". Which seems you must be agreeing with the $25,000, since you feel I need to be set straight.

There, it is simple now. Hope you can grasp it in its simplest form.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:35 AM

144 posts, read 141,508 times
well here's the PDF of people who owe taxes:
http://apps.pittsburghpa.gov/finance...ing_9-2-15.pdf
From.... Department of Finance | Tax Delinquency

specifically the Mandy's location:

NEGRI STEVEN & VERONICA (W) 3906 PERRYSVILLE AVE Commercial
2015: $3,504.77, Prior year: $12,987.34, Prior year interest: $2,548.91

sorry if you felt this was a smokescreen. There's the info and interpret it as you may.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciulli View Post
well here's the PDF of people who owe taxes:
http://apps.pittsburghpa.gov/finance...ing_9-2-15.pdf
From.... Department of Finance | Tax Delinquency

specifically the Mandy's location:

NEGRI STEVEN & VERONICA (W) 3906 PERRYSVILLE AVE Commercial
2015: $3,504.77, Prior year: $12,987.34, Prior year interest: $2,548.91

sorry if you felt this was a smokescreen. There's the info and interpret it as you may.
He'll interpret it exactly how he wants. And he'll be "done" posting in this thread another two or three times before he's completely spent by spewing his nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh