Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 07:50 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,020,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
In order to "school" someone, you would actually need insight, knowledge, and/or facts on the subject... which you so obviously lack. Hell... you don't even bother to read the posts you respond to.
Please provide my your source for over $25,000 in taxes to the city which would pay partly for police. Thanks oh smart one. Good luck to you. Here is my suggestion. Just read my posts and try and absorb them. You can ask questions at most.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:56 AM

618 posts, read 693,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Please provide my your source for over $25,000 in taxes to the city which would pay partly for police. Thanks oh smart one. Good luck. You are a joke and I rarely would do battle with someone so unarmed. There will be no reaching your sorry asz.
The plight of the marginally educated, moderately successful house flipper clinging desperately to what little he has achieved as the world changes around him. You are not doing battle. You are lashing out with tired attacks and simple-minded screeds. Please don't confuse this with meaningful contribution.

14,354 posts, read 17,066,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciulli View Post
haha I don't think "yuppie types" are coming to OH, or that's what anyone is trying to do. Yuppie types will always want to be much closer to the core of the city. Even if the OH business district added 5 great new businesses in the next year it wouldn't attract the "cool" crowd IMO.

I'm not sure what the plan of action should be but I guess we need more younger people who aren't necessarily "yuppies" but want to be engaged with the community and make it a better, more attractive place to live.
I think Mr. Spam used the term "yuppie types" to mean any youngish person with a middle class background. Which is actually a fair description given yuppie originally meant young urban professional, and (like the term hipster) is basically just used as slander against people you don't like these days.

Observatory Hill's issue as I see it is "why here?" I mean, yes, it has some beautiful old houses, and business district which, if filled out, would potentially be fairly sizable, even though it's not walkable to most of the neighborhood. But there's many of other options if you want old houses and semi-walkable but don't want to pay East End prices, like Crafton, Bellvue, or Brighton Heights, where safety is better and property values are holding up at least a little better.

2,218 posts, read 1,948,873 times
Quote:
Please provide my your source for over $25,000 in taxes to the city which would pay partly for police. Thanks oh smart one. Good luck. You are a joke and I rarely would do battle with someone so unarmed. There will be no reaching your sorry asz.

Good one!

3,110 posts, read 2,923,116 times
Quote:
He is behind 4 years on the property in question. The total is not $25k on that property, but rather $1051. He may be behind for even more years, but the county site only goes back 4 years. Someone else mentioned that he owns other properties in the area.

His house in Sewickley however is up to date on it's taxes.

I hate to interject into this, because it is simply spiraling out of control into the standard p*ssing match...but I don't think anyone meant that the man "deserves to get shot or robbed" but rather that it's pretty weak to complain about bad city services when you don't pay your part for them. You get what you pay for, and in his case he didn't pay, and got nothing in return.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Schwabe View Post
The plight of the marginally educated, moderately successful house flipper clinging desperately to what little he has achieved as the world changes around him. You are not doing battle. You are lashing out with tired attacks and simple-minded screeds. Please don't confuse this with meaningful contribution.
^well-said.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:00 AM

144 posts, read 141,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
I don't think anyone meant that the man "deserves to get shot or robbed" but rather that it's pretty weak to complain about bad city services when you don't pay your part for them. You get what you pay for, and in his case he didn't pay, and got nothing in return.
Exactly.

The $25k number came from a discussion on Nextdoor Observatory Hill. I asked the person who posted that to provide me a source and I'll relay that when I get the info.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
He is behind 4 years on the property in question. The total is not $25k on that property, but rather $1051. He may be behind for even more years, but the county site only goes back 4 years. Someone else mentioned that he owns other properties in the area.

His house in Sewickley however is up to date on it's taxes.

I hate to interject into this, because it is simply spiraling out of control into the standard p*ssing match...but I don't think anyone meant that the man "deserves to get shot or robbed" but rather that it's pretty weak to complain about bad city services when you don't pay your part for them. You get what you pay for, and in his case he didn't pay, and got nothing in return.
^ Right. Sorry I couldn't rep you again so soon and thanks for the additional information/correction.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:02 AM
gg

Quote:
...but I don't think anyone meant that the man "deserves to get shot or robbed" but rather that it's pretty weak to complain about bad city services when you don't pay your part for them. You get what you pay for, and in his case he didn't pay, and got nothing in return.
What if he got fed up with the service he was getting from the city and this was his statement saying, f-u I am not paying taxes to a city that isn't providing service? Did you ever think that was the sequence. He got tired of being robbed, knowing who robbed him over and over, providing that information to the police that didn't care about it and he just said, enough, I am done paying for no service?

Old 11-04-2015, 08:04 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
^ Right. Sorry I couldn't rep you again so soon and thanks for the additional information/correction.
I am still waiting on your $25,000 in tax? Let me know when you have your information for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh