Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2021, 09:20 PM

1,170 posts, read 591,628 times

Advertisements

I am struggling to find blame of any loss so far on Jarry (or DeSmith for that matter). Given what the team is going through, not letting the bottom completely fall out is a big win. If this was an abbreviated season I'd be more worried that they cannot overcome this, but its not and they can. Remember how atrocious the Pens looked to start the 17-18 season? And was sans injuries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2021, 09:23 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post
I am struggling to find blame of any loss so far on Jarry (or DeSmith for that matter). Given what the team is going through, not letting the bottom completely fall out is a big win. If this was an abbreviated season I'd be more worried that they cannot overcome this, but its not and they can. Remember how atrocious the Pens looked to start the 17-18 season? And was sans injuries.
Almost the same GAA this year as last year…and we saw how he melted in the playoffs. He needs to step it up if they’re going to make the playoffs.

Old 11-04-2021, 09:26 PM

Okay?

Which game is on him?

Old 11-04-2021, 09:47 PM

The Lightning game, ehhh, agree to disagree. The Devils game was an atrocious penalty shot goal.

More broadly speaking, complaining about Jarry now is like surviving the Titanic and bitching about the overcooked chicken.

I am not concerned about this season, there really haven't any games that they played poorly. There were games where they carried the play but the lack of high end talent was obvious (the Calgary game comes to mind). I was born in 85, I've never seen a Pens that played well but just lacked the talent (the early 00s teams had no talent and played poorly). This is new territory for many of us. But the reinforcements will arrive, eventually. And as a added note, as a Pens living in Philly, there is no player this city hates more than Kris Letang. I live off the misery of Philly sports fans so him getting the goal was perfect.

Old 11-04-2021, 09:52 PM

Quote:
The Lightning game, ehhh, agree to disagree. The Devils game was an atrocious penalty shot goal.

More broadly speaking, complaining about Jarry now is like surviving the Titanic and bitching about the overcooked chicken.

I am not concerned about this season, there really haven't any games that they played poorly. There were games where they carried the play but the lack of high end talent was obvious (the Calgary game comes to mind). I was born in 85, I've never seen a Pens that played well but just lacked the talent (the early 00s teams had no talent and played poorly). This is new territory for many of us. But the reinforcements will arrive, eventually. And as a added note, as a Pens living in Philly, there is no player this city hates more than Kris Letang. I live off the misery of Philly sports fans so him getting the goal was perfect.
Except giving up 3 goals is still 3 goals.

Nah, when the chips are down goaltending needs to step up.

Depends on what ones standards are. Pens aren’t winning a Cup anytime soon, getting to the playoffs will be tough, and we saw how Jarry played last year in the playoffs. It was atrocious.

Old 11-04-2021, 09:59 PM

No one will argue that Jarry was atrocious during the playoffs. But I've read on other forums people begging for MAF, completing forgetting 2012 (complete teamwide meltdown but MAF was among the worst, up there with James Neal), 2013 (did he play more than 2 games before Vokoun took over?) and 2014 (stunk against CBJ, barely beat them). In short, I don't think we can write the book on Jarry after 1 really bad playoffs. And frankly at this point, the Pens don't have any other options. At the cap, cupboard is barren.

Old 11-04-2021, 10:04 PM

Quote:
No one will argue that Jarry was atrocious during the playoffs. But I've read on other forums people begging for MAF, completing forgetting 2012 (complete teamwide meltdown but MAF was among the worst, up there with James Neal), 2013 (did he play more than 2 games before Vokoun took over?) and 2014 (stunk against CBJ, barely beat them). In short, I don't think we can write the book on Jarry after 1 really bad playoffs. And frankly at this point, the Pens don't have any other options. At the cap, cupboard is barren.
Quite the deflection to a 3 time Stanley Cup Champion. Jarry isn’t taking any team to a Stanley Cup, but I’ll gladly praise him if he ever proves me wrong.

Old 11-04-2021, 10:28 PM

Deflection? Really? That is your favorite word...though I strongly disagree that saying that the Pens have no other reasonable choice is a "deflection". Its reality. You think Murray or MAF would would have won more games? No....

Okay, you are GM, go get me a goalie...trade what for who?

I know you've said the team should rebuild, that will never happen so long as Sid a point per game player. I think you know that too. Teams that just won their division don't go into rebuilds. If you disagree, go ahead and name me one.

Old 11-04-2021, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Deflection? Really? That is your favorite word...though I strongly disagree that saying that the Pens have no other reasonable choice is a "deflection". Its reality. You think Murray or MAF would would have won more games? No....

Okay, you are GM, go get me a goalie...trade what for who?

I know you've said the team should rebuild, that will never happen so long as Sid a point per game player. I think you know that too. Teams that just won their division don't go into rebuilds. If you disagree, go ahead and name me one.
Lol. It’s not my favorite word, you’re simply deflecting to MAF to try to defend Jarry who fell on his face in the playoffs.

I’ll certainly take a 3 time Stanley Cup Champ and last seasons Vezina winning goalie to win more games than Jarry.

Who’s on the trading block?

Who said you have to get rid of Sid to do a rebuild? Are you predicting the Pens win a Stanley Cup this season?

Old 11-04-2021, 10:59 PM

Go get me a goalie better than Jarry...lets hear your plan. You other favorite word is "obsession" which you seem to have with a league average goalie.

But let me correct myself, "deflection" isn't necessarily your favorite word but rather a word you have historically used when you have no substantive response. "Hey, bringing up MAF is a distraction! Oh, but I'd rather have him." What? You are all over the place, is MAF a distraction or would you rather have him? Both cannot be true. Make up your mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh