Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2021, 08:04 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,242,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I heard the lines on MM's show. You don't listen?

There were no or limited fans during last year. Now it isn't like that. Don't you remember it?
Season tickets get bought before the season. There’s only been 2 home games. Fans had no idea about beer vendors before the season. Ticket sales have zero to do with waiting in line for a beer.

There were fans later in the year in the stands and in the playoffs.

There were 16,044 fans at last night’s game. Still a lot of fans, they’re just not selling out. Malkin and Crosby are out and 3 straight years of getting knocked out in the 1st round. Zero to do with beer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2021, 08:53 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,009,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Season tickets get bought before the season. There’s only been 2 home games. Fans had no idea about beer vendors before the season. Ticket sales have zero to do with waiting in line for a beer.

There were fans later in the year in the stands and in the playoffs.

There were 16,044 fans at last night’s game. Still a lot of fans, they’re just not selling out. Malkin and Crosby are out and 3 straight years of getting knocked out in the 1st round. Zero to do with beer.
Okay, Covid has no effect on this. Sure whatever you say. lol

Goodness! Go to a grocery store and see how many people are wearing masks. Some of them are over 80% wearing masks, but this doesn't effect the Pen's games in an indoor arena with drunk people yelling and such.

Old 10-20-2021, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Okay, Covid has no effect on this. Sure whatever you say. lol

Goodness! Go to a grocery store and see how many people are wearing masks. Some of them are over 80% wearing masks, but this doesn't effect the Pen's games in an indoor arena with drunk people yelling and such.
Lol. Covid didn’t stop the crowd being 2343 fans short of selling out, and it was a Tuesday night. There will be sellouts, the streak just ended, and it still has zero to do with beer.

Yep, more folks without masks than with masks at every grocery store I’ve been, except at GE which asks folks to wear masks, but many don’t.

Old 10-20-2021, 10:24 PM

1,170 posts, read 594,583 times
I remember talking to a friend in 2006 or so, what would I do if the Pens left? Who would I cheer for? Well, 3 stanley cups, 15 straight playoffs and 14 straights years of sellouts later, thats not a question. I think I am in the minority in that I know the Pens are in decline, and I think that is okay. 15 great years, especially in a small market, thats remarkable. Do I consider the Pens a SC threat? No, but they a pretty darn good team and Sullivan is a magician. I am super content, if this point if its just regular season success only and Sid and company climbing the leaderboard, is that worse than the Kansas City Penguins?

Its been a great ride, its getting close to the end, don't bemoan the end of stuff, appreciate the sustained success that few teams in ANY sport have had. If anything, the Pens have had historic success at being really bad at the perfect time.

LGP

Old 10-21-2021, 04:55 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,689,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post
I remember talking to a friend in 2006 or so, what would I do if the Pens left? Who would I cheer for? Well, 3 stanley cups, 15 straight playoffs and 14 straights years of sellouts later, thats not a question. I think I am in the minority in that I know the Pens are in decline, and I think that is okay. 15 great years, especially in a small market, thats remarkable. Do I consider the Pens a SC threat? No, but they a pretty darn good team and Sullivan is a magician. I am super content, if this point if its just regular season success only and Sid and company climbing the leaderboard, is that worse than the Kansas City Penguins?

Its been a great ride, its getting close to the end, don't bemoan the end of stuff, appreciate the sustained success that few teams in ANY sport have had. If anything, the Pens have had historic success at being really bad at the perfect time.

LGP
Agreed. Given the fact that the Stillers have only won 3 playoff games the last 10 years and the Pirates are the pirates.

This will probably end up being a two sport town. I think the pirates will want PNC park renovated via taxpayer dime. They will be gone after 2030 from Pittsburgh once the lease is up.

Old 10-21-2021, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Agreed. Given the fact that the Stillers have only won 3 playoff games the last 10 years and the Pirates are the pirates.

This will probably end up being a two sport town. I think the pirates will want PNC park renovated via taxpayer dime. They will be gone after 2030 from Pittsburgh once the lease is up.
As you’ve said, a team that has no chance of winning a championship should be rebuilding, and Pens are overdue in doing that.

I wouldn’t wager on the Pirates going anywhere.

Old 10-21-2021, 01:03 PM

Carter and Jarry both tested positive for Covid. Adam Crowley said he’s “surprised Jarry caught it”, on Maddens show.

Old 10-21-2021, 01:36 PM

Oh geez, hopefully Sid will be back for Toronto game. Otherwise, whoever had Teddy Blueger as a #1 center on their bingo card just won the jackpot. Reminds of I believe it was 2011 when we were forced to watch a #1 line centered by Mark Letestu and an ancient and lazy Alexei Kovalev.

Old 10-22-2021, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post

What makes you think the Pens are going to stay if they can’t sell tickets after winning the division?

Unless they get another superstar in the draft, it’s unlikely folks are going to support the team. After all, they have no chance of winning a Cup with the team they have now.

Old 10-22-2021, 07:23 AM

Wut? They sold 16k+ tickets for an early season, mid week game against a uninteresting out of conference opponent. All this when there is a portion of the fan base still hesitant to go large indoor gatherings. Can we pump the breaks on relocation talk? Geez
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh