Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 02:36 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,956,590 times

Advertisements

This is more evidence of racism, parochialism, and ethnocentrism. These posts are extremely offensive. And I'm not even Black. The summation racist theme is how the posters are twisting and distorting encouragement and motivational speeches into blame.

They are attacking an entire racial and or ethnic group for having supposedly permanent character defects such as "not taking responsibility", "not accepting blame", and "whining about racism". There are a lot of white Anglo people in prisons. Even more are on probation. A lot commit economically devastating Enron type crimes and never get into trouble. More white Anglo men commit suicide than racial and ethnic minorities. Morbid obesity is sky high with white Anglo people. Does somebody with power, affiliation, and status need to stand up at a podium and rebuke white people as a whole? I think so. They can do it to Blacks and Hispanics but not these low quality white people who commit sneaky crimes, commit suicide, and over-eat.

"White Americans were identified as having committed the most racially motivated hate crimes in 2007, making up nearly 46% of all reported offenders. Asian Americans and Pacific Islander Americans were identified as having committed the least racially motivated hate crimes, making up less than 1% of all reported offenders. African Americans reported being victimized by racially motivated hate crime more frequently than any other race, making up 69% of all victims." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_an..._United_States

Another poster attacks the harmless hip-hop look. Posters do not provide solutions. They only point fingers and yell "See we told you you were no good." And so forth.

Throughout my life I've seen a lot of Black and Hispanic people, men and women work extremely hard at their jobs. They are some of the nicest people I've met too. This is just wrong to do what they are doing right now. And yes racism does exist. And no I am not against the Arizona illegal immigration law. Illegal immigrants have taken up too many of our jobs.

Last edited by artsyguy; 06-12-2010 at 03:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2010, 02:45 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,303,358 times
My thing is why are white people still assuming Sharpton and Jackson speak for all of us? Perhaps talking to an actual black person about the topic at hand would suffice.

Old 06-12-2010, 03:08 PM

YouTube - Tim Wise-The Pathology of White Privilege Part 3/6

Old 06-12-2010, 03:13 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,280,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
My thing is why are white people still assuming Sharpton and Jackson speak for all of us? Perhaps talking to an actual black person about the topic at hand would suffice.
Then maybe Sharpton and jackson should keep there mouths shut. I think we would all be better off.

Old 06-12-2010, 03:21 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,654,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
This is more evidence of racism, parochialism, and ethnocentrism. These posts are extremely offensive. And I'm not even Black. The summation racist theme is how the posters are twisting and distorting encouragement and motivational speeches into blame.

They are attacking an entire racial and or ethnic group for having supposedly permanent character defects such as "not taking responsibility", "not accepting blame", and "whining about racism". There are a lot of white Anglo people in prisons. Even more are on probation. A lot commit economically devastating Enron type crimes and never get into trouble. More white Anglo men commit suicide than racial and ethnic minorities. Morbid obesity is sky high with white Anglo people. Does somebody with power, affiliation, and status need to stand up at a podium and rebuke white people as a whole? I think so. They can do it to Blacks and Hispanics but not these low quality white people who commit sneaky crimes, commit suicide, and over-eat.

Another poster attacks the harmless hip-hop look. Posters do not provide solutions. They only point fingers and yell "See we told you you were no good." And so forth.

Throughout my life I've seen a lot of Black and Hispanic people, men and women work extremely hard at their jobs. They are some of the nicest people I've met too. This is just wrong to do what they are doing right now. And yes racism does exist. And no I am not against the Arizona illegal immigration law. Illegal immigrants have taken up too many of our jobs.
Stop playing the race card, you racist.

Old 06-12-2010, 03:22 PM

I'm not Black. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Stop playing the race card, you racist.

Old 06-12-2010, 03:23 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Then maybe Sharpton and jackson should keep there mouths shut. I think we would all be better off.

Old 06-12-2010, 03:26 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,654,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I'm not Black. lol.
Irrelevant.

Old 06-12-2010, 03:38 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,955,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I am Black and most Black people I know agree with Bill Cosby.

Why is it necessary for non-Blacks to take the few criticisms against what Bill Cosby is saying as the opinion of the whole?

ETA: This reminds me of something that the media tends to do. Whenever they want to get the "Black perspective" of anything, they always go down to the projects as if the residents of the housing projects speak for all facets of Black America.
That approach is done with everything now. I don't view many issues anymore as an issue of civil rights, but rather an issue of a certain key groups agenda to a given subject.

Racism happens, it happens on all sides of the fence these days. There is no singular group who is stepped on and those who use racism as a means to promote topics are simply looking to either appeal to guilt of people or hate of people. Both serve their goals and you can bet your bottom dollar race is not their concern for doing so.

Old 06-12-2010, 03:41 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,303,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Not much we can do about that. We didn't elect them or anything, they're just the most vocal. You guys aren't that stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies