Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2010, 05:38 AM

41,458 posts, read 59,970,913 times

Advertisements

I have several ways to CUT SPENDING that does not involve cutting off Unemployment Payments. It starts with firing all the military contractors and turning the tasks over to our soldiers. It ends with closing down 90% of our overseas bases and bringing the troops home to defend our borders. In any case it is far better for the money to go to unemployed workers than to parasitic financiers or over subsidized farming corporations.

I even have a way of lowering the deficit. Instead of borrowing the money tax it from the hyper wealthy. That would really put the Republicans in a complete tizzy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 05:40 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,333,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy19125 View Post

Hope you and others like you lose your job soon, so you can join the ranks of the current six applicants for every job available.
You really need to contact a mod and change your screen name since it is false. Evilguy19125 sounds much more appropriate after reading your posts.

Old 06-25-2010, 05:43 AM

13,010 posts, read 18,993,192 times
The GOP has demonstrated its cluelessness by failing to provide emergency relief at a time of record long term joblessness. Maybe they have handed the Dems a much needed gift in the November elections. I predict some of them will learn firsthand what it's like to be out of a job.

Old 06-25-2010, 05:46 AM

41,458 posts, read 59,970,913 times
pvand55 - I certainly hope so. I am beginning to believe we need to replace ALL the Republican nay sayers in Congress with Progressive Democrats.

Old 06-25-2010, 05:52 AM

596 posts, read 1,711,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
You really need to contact a mod and change your screen name since it is false. Evilguy19125 sounds much more appropriate after reading your posts.
Perhaps the hatred of those who attack and belittle those not as fortunate as themselves has made me less nice. Sad isn't it?

Old 06-25-2010, 05:53 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,910,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
pvand55 - I certainly hope so. I am beginning to believe we need to replace ALL the Republican nay sayers in Congress with Progressive Democrats.

I don't know about that, however, I think we need the GOP to find some moderate candidates, until then, keep them out. There is absolutely no value in the far right, in fact it is very damaging.

Old 06-25-2010, 05:57 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,351,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I have several ways to CUT SPENDING that does not involve cutting off Unemployment Payments. It starts with firing all the military contractors and turning the tasks over to our soldiers. It ends with closing down 90% of our overseas bases and bringing the troops home to defend our borders. In any case it is far better for the money to go to unemployed workers than to parasitic financiers or over subsidized farming corporations.

I even have a way of lowering the deficit. Instead of borrowing the money tax it from the hyper wealthy. That would really put the Republicans in a complete tizzy.

Last time I checked 4 of the top 5 most wealthy people in the US voted for one Bubba Obama and are demNOcrats.

Nice try!

Lets take the money from Bubba's buddy Soros to pay for these unemployment benefits since Bubba Obama LIED to us about using the stimulus to create exactly ZERO jobs.

Its called use the stimulus money Obama stole from us who pay taxes and help people create jobs so they can hire people.

The dems made this mess and now they have to deal with it.

Thank team Obama for the NEGATIVE 9 million jobs!

814 posts, read 672,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Got "NOW HIRING" banners up all over the place here in SE Michigan at retail stores and fast food restaurants. Nobody will take them because the unemployment benefits our kids will be forced to pay for are great. They get enough money to live on and a free bridge card too. Eff working! They can plop their fat hynnies on the electric cart at Walmart (too fat to walk through the store), load it up with shrimp, crab legs and steaks and have the state pay for it all while the suckers who work for a living are buying hamburger helper.
More monkey business, just because you see signs it doesn't mean people are NOT taking the jobs! There are 6 applicants for EVERY opening!

Do not make this into a welfare debate. It is emergency aid! Many of us have paid into unemployment for decades! This isn't any kind of vacation nor are we eating steak and lobster! I make less than half of what I used to make and have lost everything. My last trip to WalMart I bought 3 cases of Cup of Noodles because I need gas to drive to interviews and money for my cell bill in case I get a call. You know absolutely nothing about what is going on out there. Your just bitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Then why do you care that H4213 failed? It would not have affected you if it had passed.
In order for there to be any hope for the people that have run out (99 weekers) HR4213 has to be passed. The Ways and Means board has already held witness hearings with many respected economists. Every single one of them has said that unemployment needs to continue and that it fuels the economy. It is a band aid and buys recovery time. Without out more people back to work the tax burden falls on fewer employed people which means higher taxes will be placed to make up the difference. Is it making sense now? Most of you should be on the sidelines cheer leading because you will be getting taxed harder if there is a smaller tax base!

The amount that this bill would add to the deficit is .00043 percent of the current debt. The tax cuts imposed in 2001 and again in 2003 added 6 trillion dollars onto the deficit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
LOL only the Dems would need a commission to figure out how to deal with deficits. I will save some time and save some money on the commission. Here it goes: CUT SPENDING.
Look who fell out of the sandbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
So again, at what point would you consider UE benefits excessive. Shy of 2 years to try and find another job is getting to the point of excess in my opinion. To me, a commisions not going to do anything other then point out the obvious, we need to cut spending. You still need the votes to do that, and as we've seen congress loves spending money.
Mr. Corvette setting a deadline on an emergency life line is inhumane. You are clearly in need of some sandbox time.

10,494 posts, read 27,333,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy19125 View Post
Perhaps the hatred of those who attack and belittle those not as fortunate as themselves has made me less nice. Sad isn't it?
Maybe so, but I have never attacked you at all. I am a 35 year old male making minimum wage so I would have a hard time trying to belittle anyone.

Old 06-25-2010, 05:58 AM

596 posts, read 1,711,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
The GOP has demonstrated its cluelessness by failing to provide emergency relief at a time of record long term joblessness. Maybe they have handed the Dems a much needed gift in the November elections. I predict some of them will learn firsthand what it's like to be out of a job.
I wouldn't give the American population at-large too much credit, given the historically short memory span. One can always hope though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies