Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 01:56 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,093,726 times

Advertisements

I guess it is time to boycott New York. It makes more sense than boycotting Arizona.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 02:01 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,854,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
No, I cannot. But they can show THIS COUNTRY respect but not building a freaking Mosque where people of their religion attacked us. They can respect the country where they can practice their religion without getting beheaded or suffering from honor killings.

I would LOVE to see a Christian try to build a Church in a Middle Eastern Country where Christians had attacked. The Christians would be beheaded.
Well you see, we aren't a middle eastern country. Where I live, in the United States, all US citizens have basic rights. I'm sure one of those rights is being able to build a structor where ever they want when ever they want, as long as it isn't violating building code or whatever and is done safely. Also get it right, its not a Mosque.

These people who you are referring to as "they" that isn't still these people who are building the community center is it? If you are still referring to these people I'll ask for accounts from when the people building this community center have beheaded anyone or have "honor killed" anyone. Or are these Muslims different?

This is getting silly. Moderator cut: Please discuss the topic, not each other.

Bold: Like these? http://www.mec-churches.org/member_c...r_churches.htm

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-16-2010 at 02:21 AM..

Old 07-16-2010, 02:17 AM

790 posts, read 1,733,825 times
I don't really know much about the situation, but to me it seems a bit tactless by the Islamic organisation wanting to establish the mosque there. Any particular reason they're placing it there? Surely there are other viable places that wont cause such contention.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:10 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
why do liberals defend Islam more than Christianity?

Old 07-16-2010, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Because Islam is attacked much more than Christianity is in this country? If someone start putting all Christians into an inappropriate group I'll defend them (Christians also). Hell I was Christian for the first 22 years of my life, but at the moment I am Agnostic/leaning Christian still.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:38 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,791,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post

I defend both man...I'm no liberal either...I defend all races and freedom of religion because we can't judge a whole religion or race based off of what media says about them as they try to push an agenda and we can't hate a race or religion based on a portion of people within that group. This is the land of immigrants and the land of the free and the home of the brave. We have freedom of religion and speech here which is being stripped from us more and more as time goes on. I am a Christian by the way.

Old 07-16-2010, 05:40 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,853,348 times
Patriarch Bartholomew Feels "Crucified" - 60 Minutes - CBS News

A recent 60 minute program covers decades of this relationship. Quite a contrast.

Old 07-16-2010, 05:43 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,281,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Because Islam is attacked much more than Christianity is in this country? If someone start putting all Christians into an inappropriate group I'll defend them (Christians also). Hell I was Christian for the first 22 years of my life, but at the moment I am Agnostic/leaning Christian still.
Islam is not only a religion, it is a theocracy.

Old 07-16-2010, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Islam is not only a religion, it is a theocracy.
He asked a question, I answered it.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:55 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,880,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
How much longer will America tolerate mosques?
Maybe all muslims should be required to wear on their clothing a prominent symbol (such as the half moon).
Oddly enough,that is what the Taliban thought should be done in Afghanistan with those who were not Muslim....

I think the Mosque should be built.

Right AFTER a church is built in Saudi Arabia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies