Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 06:58 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,864,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
So are you saying the people who are building a community center in New York are the violent ones? Care to fill me in on the violent crimes those people in particular took part in? Or that they are planning to take part in in the future? (reputable sources here would be nice)
Well there was the Fort Dix plot,another plot up in Buffalo NY,Fort Hood shootings,the original WTC bombing...just off the top of my head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 07:48 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,765,252 times
I have two questions,is this building going to be built directly on the 9/11 site or how close?
Im not sure we have a right to tell someone where they can buy land or build something..
When it comes to a faith-based building.From a legal standpoint...

Old 07-16-2010, 07:51 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,127,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
How much longer will America tolerate mosques?
Maybe all muslims should be required to wear on their clothing a prominent symbol (such as the half moon).
As long as the First Amendment is in the Constitution.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-16-2010 at 07:52 AM.. Reason: Please discuss the topic, not each other.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:48 AM

46,940 posts, read 25,969,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
I have two questions,is this building going to be built directly on the 9/11 site or how close?
Im not sure we have a right to tell someone where they can buy land or build something..
When it comes to a faith-based building.From a legal standpoint...
Two blocks away. The video - well, let's just say it's not intended to inform people.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:43 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,041 times
Quote:
So are you saying the people who are building a community center in New York are the violent ones? Care to fill me in on the violent crimes those people in particular took part in? Or that they are planning to take part in in the future? (reputable sources here would be nice)
You have some mighty selective reading. See bold above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Well there was the Fort Dix plot,another plot up in Buffalo NY,Fort Hood shootings,the original WTC bombing...just off the top of my head.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:34 PM

175 posts, read 113,228 times
I guess I'm not understanding the issue. If I'm reading the article below correctly - they OWN the land, and require no zoning changes.

"I think it's the right thing to do," said Marvin Bethea, who was a paramedic at ground zero. "I lost 16 friends down there. But Muslims also got killed on 9/11. It would be a good sign of faith that we're not condemning all Muslims and that the Muslims who did this happened to be extremists. As a black man, I know what it's like to be discriminated against when you haven't done anything."

Mosque to go up near New York's ground zero - CNN.com

Old 07-16-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damie View Post

"I think it's the right thing to do," said Marvin Bethea, who was a paramedic at ground zero. "I lost 16 friends down there. But Muslims also got killed on 9/11.It would be a good sign of faith that we're not condemning all Muslims and that the Muslims who did this happened to be extremists. As a black man, I know what it's like to be discriminated against when you haven't done anything."

That is true,of course most of them were flying the aircraft and meant to die....

Old 07-16-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damie View Post
I guess I'm not understanding the issue. If I'm reading the article below correctly - they OWN the land, and require no zoning changes.

"I think it's the right thing to do," said Marvin Bethea, who was a paramedic at ground zero. "I lost 16 friends down there. But Muslims also got killed on 9/11. It would be a good sign of faith that we're not condemning all Muslims and that the Muslims who did this happened to be extremists. As a black man, I know what it's like to be discriminated against when you haven't done anything."

Wow. Someone who was actually there, as a paramedic no less, has a better head on his shoulders than half the people here. Good post.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
That is true,of course most of them were flying the aircraft and meant to die....
Wow, just wow. This has already been posted in many threads about Muslims but you tend to overlook that right? This was from the thread I started about the "Mosque" not being a "Mosque." Read up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Partial List of Muslim 9/11 Victims:

. . .

Samad Afridi
Ashraf Ahmad
Shabbir Ahmad (45 years old; Windows on the World; leaves wife and 3 children)
Umar Ahmad
Azam Ahsan
Ahmed Ali
Tariq Amanullah (40 years old; Fiduciary Trust Co.; ICNA website team member; leaves wife and 2 children)
Touri Bolourchi (69 years old; United Airlines #175; a retired nurse from Tehran)
Salauddin Ahmad Chaudhury
Abdul K. Chowdhury (30 years old; Cantor Fitzgerald)
Mohammad S. Chowdhury (39 years old; Windows on the World; leaves wife and child born 2 days after the attack)
Jamal Legesse Desantis
Ramzi Attallah Douani (35 years old; Marsh & McLennan)
SaleemUllah Farooqi
Syed Fatha (54 years old; Pitney Bowes)
Osman Gani
Mohammad Hamdani (50 years old)
Salman Hamdani (NYPD Cadet)
Aisha Harris (21 years old; General Telecom)
Shakila Hoque (Marsh & McLennan)
Nabid Hossain
Shahzad Hussain
Talat Hussain
Mohammad Shah Jahan (Marsh & McLennan)
Yasmeen Jamal
Mohammed Jawarta (MAS security)
Arslan Khan Khakwani
Asim Khan
Ataullah Khan
Ayub Khan
Qasim Ali Khan
Sarah Khan (32 years old; Cantor Fitzgerald)
Taimour Khan (29 years old; Karr Futures)
Yasmeen Khan
Zahida Khan
Badruddin Lakhani
Omar Malick
Nurul Hoque Miah (36 years old)
Mubarak Mohammad (23 years old)
Boyie Mohammed (Carr Futures)
Raza Mujtaba
Omar Namoos
Mujeb Qazi
Tarranum Rahim
Ehtesham U. Raja (28 years old)
Ameenia Rasool (33 years old)
Naveed Rehman
Yusuf Saad
Rahma Salie & unborn child (28 years old; American Airlines #11; wife of Michael Theodoridis; 7 months pregnant)
Shoman Samad
Asad Samir
Khalid Shahid (25 years old; Cantor Fitzgerald; engaged to be married in November)
Mohammed Shajahan (44 years old; Marsh & McLennan)
Naseema Simjee (Franklin Resources Inc.'s Fiduciary Trust)
Jamil Swaati
Sanober Syed
Robert Elias Talhami (40 years old; Cantor Fitzgerald)
Michael Theodoridis (32 years old; American Airlines #11; husband of Rahma Salie)
W. Wahid

Muslim Victims of Terrorist Attack, September 11, 2001

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-16-2010 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: Please discuss the topic, not each other.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Wow, just wow. Ignorance is all this is. This has already been posted in many threads about Muslims but you tend to overlook that right? This was from the thread I started about the "Mosque" not being a "Mosque." Read up.
Don't forget the 19 terrorists...who oddly enough were ALL Muslims.

How is THAT for a coincidence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies