Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 04:19 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,896,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I totally reject the idea that women were happier and healthier before the 60s. If that were true there never would have been a Womans Movement to begin with.

As for Pretty Woman, it's just updated versions of the old Cinderella plot and is centuries old.

The womens movement was made up by man haters and deviants of society . Like a gang of wicked witches in Oz who fooled all the Dorothy's into thinking the apples were better if you picked them yourself . Now they have to deal with the poison apples they chose .

Most of you didn't even live in the 60s . It was a time of new drugs, new epidemics of deasease and clinics opening up to try to control all the std's and overdosed youth .

Now these same freaks are in leadeship and ruining our nation .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
So much wrong with this statement that it should be against the law!

Yea and most of it was against the law . Wheres the law agaisnt the child abuse ordered by DOE ? What about the kids left by their parents ,if they even knew them to start with ? Thats what should be agains the law .

Wheres all that " TOLERENCE "? Only tolerence libs have is for whatever they can do to bring down society and the nation .

Old 07-26-2010, 04:24 PM

18,399 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
You haven't seen me chasing after people trying to live out sex in the city, but I've said this in other posts; if they're emulating anything that feeds into self destructive behavior it's something contributing to cultural sickness. We could change the players infinitely--- black boys in the hood self destructing, hippies strung out on heroine self destructing, a congregation of kool aid drinkers self destructing. The common thread is following a path, or having a belief set, orientated in self destructive patterns.
do you have a plan on how to stop people from doing "the wrong" thing?
we do have a ton of ills in our society but assuming the worst of people who think or act differently like the OP really doesn't change anything. if society was able to fix everyone so they all lived a set standard we would be living as "stepford robot people" who wants that? who gets to be the one that sets the standards.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
presuming i'm victorian oppression because i happen to see more in a relationship between men and women far beyond mere friction or preying upon one another for gratification is the problem. The problem in culture and media is that people have lost sight of that deeper relationship. Marriage is reduced to a contract of superficial gratification in hetero community. Gays will have their chance to screw up as equally as heteros, but look what went by the wayside in the meantime?

Moderate perspective i see clearly what conservatives are trying to protect but they've armed themselves with all the wrong reasons. I see clearly what libertarians try to protect but they remain silent. I see clearly what liberals try to protect but they've neglected to find the right compromise because conservatives have been deliberately misled (armed with the wrong reasons).

what ?

Old 07-26-2010, 04:27 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Who was treated like a second class citizen ? Women had it made but then the liars came out telling them they were missing something and they could have it all . Put us all to damn work ! Took many away from their kids .

I don't agree with treating kids like plants 'they don't call them nurseries for nothing' kids should be raised by mothers not propagated in some strange building with other day orphans .

I have an opinion just like yall , you don't have to agree .
Are you aware that the first day care business was set up in 1893? Probably not.

But aside from that, the lower class women have always had to leave their kids at home to work in textile factories and as maids, nursemaids, and cooks for the upper classes who were off doing luncheons, etc, leaving their children at home. You look back at women's history with rose-colored glasses on.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
do you have a plan on how to stop people from doing "the wrong" thing?
we do have a ton of ills in our society but assuming the worst of people who think or act differently like the OP really doesn't change anything. if society was able to fix everyone so they all lived a set standard we would be living as "stepford robot people" who wants that? who gets to be the one that sets the standards.

Sadly only a desaster is what usually wakes up a socety like this . Last time it was Great Depression followed by ww11 . This cooled off the Roaring 20s a lot . I don't think we have time left for a cleanign up this time .

Old 07-26-2010, 04:34 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,083,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Sex and the City or Pretty Woman?

Both basically saying you can be a prostitute and yet Prince Charming will sweep you off your feet, creating very unrealistic expectations in those who believe in that stuff, given I see women much more likely to emulate what they see in the media.
Saguaro cactus. It has spines.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:38 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,787,059 times
Quote:
The womens movement was made up by man haters and deviants of society . Like a gang of wicked witches in Oz who fooled all the Dorothy's into thinking the apples were better if you picked them yourself . Now they have to deal with the poison apples they chose .

Most of you didn't even live in the 60s . It was a time of new drugs, new epidemics of deasease and clinics opening up to try to control all the std's and overdosed youth .

You would be among those writing Jessica Lynch hate mail.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:41 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Quote:

I've lived in the 60s, 50s, and 40s so pulling the 'age card' on me doesn't work. Maybe your life was wonderful back before the Women's Movement but there were plenty of abused and unhappy women living fake and unfulfilled lives back then.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Are you aware that the first day care business was set up in 1893? Probably not.

But aside from that, the lower class women have always had to leave their kids at home to work in textile factories and as maids, nursemaids, and cooks for the upper classes who were off doing luncheons, etc, leaving their children at home. You look back at women's history with rose-colored glasses on.

Not nearly as many as are raising their grandkids today because their kids are messed up . A few women had to work, but they had decent older kids helping out at home too Ask most kids today to clean their room and think your insane !

Before I got married I did ironing at home to make extra money and babysat . What wrong with that ?

I never even heard of drugs until the 60s. much less had to see dealers in the streets . We did have some beatnics and other commys . Dobbie Gillis had Maynard G Cribbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies