Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 07:18 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by edub View Post
Feminism has been one of the single most destructive forces in American history.

I'm not talking about equal right which all people deserve. I'm talking about the militant Feminism that pressures women to act in a manner that is inconstant with their nature and their best interest.

What has resulted is a breakdown in family values and depression among women that is off of the charts. Unfortunately, too many women figure out way too late that feminism has robbed them of everything that is important to their true nature and everything that makes them women.

None of us are smarter or more wise than all those that came before us. To think we are and engage in social engineering is about the most foolish thing we as humans can do.

The wise man is one who is aware of how little he knows.

women are not stupid, the woman's movement did not tell women what to think. women were thinking it already. a movement can not make man or woman be or think something they don't.

"important" to their "true nature"? what might a woman's true nature be? being a wife and mother? the only different from a woman's true nature and a man's is that we can bear children other than that we want the same things. just as any man would. men work and have family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 07:18 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I think women are much better off today, and have more opportunity for happiness, than in the 1960's. However, both men and women face different issues today than they did 40-50 years ago. New issues bring new problems, things nobody had to deal with back then. It's hardly something you can compare apples-to-apples. Given the choice, I'd rather be ME today than ME in 1960.
Agreed. Not only that, but so much of what people struggle with as individuals is growing pains innate of human species. Teenage angst isn't really a modern invention. Brash young men shunning their fathers advice have always existed, and they always will. Some things about life we really do need to accept as terra firma. Other things, not so much. Discerning the difference makes all the difference.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:31 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Another personal attack. Why can't an argument be made rather than an insult?
it's not a personal attack.
Your threads all have the same theme.

Anyway, should I find it insulting as a woman that you think I am so simple minded to be influenced by social media in such a way?

If you want to talk about media and the impact on women, what about the music video's, advertising of products that always show women as sexual objects.

But oddly, you have some obsession with a tv show that showed 4 women living it up in Manhattan. the same show that attempted, albeit not always very well, to show women to be strong,independent and go after what they want. Whatever that might have been

You have Miranda, the working woman - wants a successful career in a male dominated industry.

Charlotte: the woman who just wants to be married and have children.

Carrie: the woman obssessed with one man, who tries to find love and be independently successul in her own right

Samantha: the woman who tries to give as good as she gets. Plays the game like a man.

So what's the big deal?

Old 07-26-2010, 07:38 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,896,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Pappy&me if there were a poll in this forum-- "How many american girls/ women dream of a life just like pappy's life?", what do you suppose the polls would reflect?

My family's collective aspirations for their children are something you don't actually care to ask about, so why make things up?

Your the one who had to go back 100 years to make a point about granny ,not me . Pappys one of the happiest men I know . Maybe not because of me, but because he just is .

Old 07-26-2010, 07:38 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Not nearly as many as are raising their grandkids today because their kids are messed up . A few women had to work, but they had decent older kids helping out at home too Ask most kids today to clean their room and think your insane !

Before I got married I did ironing at home to make extra money and babysat . What wrong with that ?

I never even heard of drugs until the 60s. much less had to see dealers in the streets . We did have some beatnics and other commys . Dobbie Gillis had Maynard G Cribbs.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:44 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,240,714 times
Amazon.com: The WAR AGAINST BOYS: How Misguided Feminism Is Harming Our Young Men (9780684849577): Christina Hoff Sommers: Books

Old 07-26-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Ouch!

But I don't anyone can seriously dispute the historical accuracy of this. Wasn't it Camille Paglia who stated that if women ruled things, we would still be living in mud huts lmao...

I's true isn't it ? What as a woman invented ? I'm a woman and I'm good at lots of things but I'm not technologically savy . But I can take a dollar and stretch it till the eagle screams .

Old 07-26-2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Behind every great man...etc. Women had a hand in many things, just not the position to get any credit for it.

I'm sue Mrs.Bell was good at lots of things but doubt she helped Alex with all those wires and stuff . And Mrs,Einstein was probably flabbergasted when it came to psysics atoms and molecules.

Women are getting too smart for their britches and even worse they don't even know it .

Old 07-26-2010, 07:53 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
I's true isn't it ? What as a woman invented ? I'm a woman and I'm good at lots of things but I'm not technologically savy . But I can take a dollar and stretch it till the eagle screams .

not every woman is as easily amused as you might be pappy. some want to be research scientists and cure cancers, other want to be architects and build buildings. some want to fly airplanes. it is our choice to go after the life we want, be it man or woman. if a woman wants a family and not work, if her husband thinks likewise fine. if a woman wants to work and have a family like a men have been doing forever than they can do that to. they can earn their own dollar and stretch it till it screams as well. women get great self satisfaction earning their own money. lots of men love it that women can and do take care of themselves as well as contribute to the family.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edub View Post
Feminism has been one of the single most destructive forces in American history.

I'm not talking about equal right which all people deserve. I'm talking about the militant Feminism that pressures women to act in a manner that is inconstant with their nature and their best interest.

What has resulted is a breakdown in family values and depression among women that is off of the charts. Unfortunately, too many women figure out way too late that feminism has robbed them of everything that is important to their true nature and everything that makes them women.

None of us are smarter or more wise than all those that came before us. To think we are and engage in social engineering is about the most foolish thing we as humans can do.

The wise man is one who is aware of how little he knows.

Bless their hearts most are on drugs to cope too . Prozac,Zoloft and Valuim 'mothers little helpers' . Like a Stepford wives movie . In denial and don't care .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies