Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 12:24 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,304,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
Look folks looking for an honest discussion here.

I know most of you only have clips and snippets courtesy of Fox news but still I am interested in what Wright said that is so off and just makes you feel so oppressed.

I think its more that he stands up for himself than he has done anything to anyone plus you play him up just to try and hamstring Obama.

If it wasnt for Wrights association and spotlight with Obama he would just be another nameless religious hustler preying on the ignorance of the masses who want to believe in something to explain their suffering.

I think its a generational thing SOME older whites dont lke their negroes to talk so flippantly or to look them in the eyes while talking.
Don't you find it interesting that the same people vilifying President Obama for attending Rev. Wright’s church also accuse him of being a Muslim?

I’ve come to the conclusion that racism and bigotry are mental disorders that alter people’s ability to think critically and rationally.

Last edited by JazzyTallGuy; 08-21-2010 at 01:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 12:27 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
This is funny, OP.

First you said:

Then you said (bold is yours):

Doesn't your assertion that he's a hustler answer your first question?

Further, you just identified the Obamas as a part of the ignorant masses. Your argument is so good, I suppose I would have to concur.

+1 Nice job outing this race pimp OP!

Old 08-21-2010, 12:32 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I know that I don't.

Care to explain? Please spares us the metaphors and perhaps try using a few facts and a couple of substantiated analytical remarks.

Thank you in advance.
Dense is as dense does, I suppose. Pretending to be ignorant is the last ploy of a person who knows they have lost the argument.

It's simple.

0bama tossed Wright under the bus, because Wright's comments were "divisive and destructive"

So either of two things must be true:

1) For twenty some years, 0bama was completely unable to determine the ideology and the character of his mentor, Rev. Wright, which makes him a dolt and a fool.

Or

2) That 0bama is an opportunistic man, without honor and loyalty, because 0bama tossed his spiritual and religious mentor and friend under the bus for political gain. And for twenty some years 0bama was well aware of Wright's views and his public statements, but was not bothered by them in the least.

Old 08-21-2010, 12:34 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,853,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You really do not get it do you.

Rev. Wright is a window into 0bama's black heart of lies, deception, lack of character and integrity.

Our president called this man his mentor for 25 years, he performed the 0bama's marriage ceremony, he baptized 0bama's kids, he was 0bama's inspiration to supposedly write a book, 0bama said, on long trips, he took along the DVDs of Rev. Wright's sermons for inspiration, and then 0bama tosses Rev. Wright under the bus; 0bama said:

"I am outraged by the comments that were made and saddened by the spectacle that we saw yesterday. The person that I saw yesterday was not the person that I met 20 years ago," he said. "His comments were not only divisive and destructive, but I believe that they end up giving comfort to those who prey on hate, and I believe that they do not portray accurately the perspective of the black church. They certainly don’t portray accurately my values and beliefs."

As if 0bama is a witless, hapless fool of a man, an ignoramus, and a man completely unable to judge the character of other people, that for twenty years he was unable to judge the character of Rev. Wright, which only took most Americans five minutes.
Bold: Wait, hold on a second...I thought Obama was Muslim. Why would he be hanging out in a church with a Reverend if he was Muslim??

Old 08-21-2010, 12:41 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,668,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Dense is as dense does, I suppose. Pretending to be ignorant is the last ploy of a person who knows they have lost the argument.

It's simple.

0bama tossed Wright under the bus, because Wright's comments were "divisive and destructive"

So either of two things must be true:

1) For twenty some years, 0bama was completely unable to determine the ideology and the character of his mentor, Rev. Wright, which makes him a dolt and a fool.

Or

2) That 0bama is an opportunistic man, without honor and loyalty, because 0bama tossed his spiritual and religious mentor and friend under the bus for political gain. And for twenty some years 0bama was well aware of Wright's views and his public statements, but was not bothered by them in the least.

No. 2 is what the racebaiters on the left commonly refer to as a "sellout", a traitor to his race.

So, according to the OP and those who parroted him/her, Obama would be either a dolt or a sellout. Perhaps both.

Old 08-21-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Bold: Wait, hold on a second...I thought Obama was Muslim. Why would he be hanging out in a church with a Reverend if he was Muslim??
You can bring up whatever conspiracy you like, but its only a distraction.

So try and stay on the subject.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
No. 2 is what the racebaiters on the left commonly refer to as a "sellout", a traitor to his race.

So, according to the OP and those who parroted him/her, Obama would be either a dolt or a sellout. Perhaps both.
Well, in my opinion 0bama had to know the character of the man, known what Wright thought and felt, especially after twenty years.

0bama claims he was so awe inspired by Wright, that he drove 0bama to write a book. Either 0bama is a very superficial person, or he truly knew Wright and was genuinely inspired.

Or, you can follow the conspiracies that believe 0bama's books were not written by him, and therefore Wright never inspired him to write them. Or the other conspiracy that says 0bama was just using the Church and Wright, in order to gain street credentials, with the black community.

If you believe both of the above conspiracy theories, then that would explain why 0bama may not have actually know much about Wright at all, and he was genuine in his condemnation of Wright.

Either way you look at it, it does not bode well for 0bama. He was either:

1) a dolt, unable to judge a person's character after twenty years

2) lacked loyalty to his spiritual mentor and friend of twenty years, and tossed him under the bus

3) disingenuously used the church as a prop to gain credibility in the black community

4) was not the author of his books, and was never inspired by Rev. Wright

Pick one, pick two, make a claim to a 5th one, but any which way you look at it, 0bama comes out smelling very badly.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:39 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,287,685 times
Well I think it was probably the time he called Italians "garlic noses" that turned me off.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:41 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
The major statement I found over the line is

"God bless America, no, God damn America"

I understand the context, I've seen the video and read the sermon, but I still disagree with that statement. While I don't believe God has or will do either, there are to many people who are to closely tied to their religious faith for such an inflammatory comment.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:46 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
He is only a muslim when they want him to be one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies