Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 07:31 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I know that I don't.

Care to explain? Please spares us the metaphors and perhaps try using a few facts and a couple of substantiated analytical remarks.

Thank you in advance.
You have to admit though that was a very well-written sentence. It was very reminiscent of Poe, don't you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
He is only a Muslim when HE wants to be one. He will go to whatever church, or be of whatever religion that benefits him the most on that particular day.
You may have noticed, he has attended NO church of any religion since he took office. His excuse, he doesn't want his presence to disrupt the service. That was never an issue with any other past president.
What a lying sack of Poo..
well i don't know...with the way people are having strokes every time he steps out of the WH going to church might just cause the earth to spin off course and fly directly into the sun....especially if he goes to a Baptist church on a 1st Sunday

I can imagine it now "How nice that the Obama family has time to go to church and pray to their god while so many others are churchless, prayerless and godless. I bet he paid his tithes with taxpayer money! This man is ruining the country!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 11:11 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,961,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Wright is an idiot who promotes class and race divisions to gain popularity. He falls into the same camp as Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton. Instead of working to mend strained relations, he fuels people's desires to continue the divisions. He's the anti-Martin Luther King.

since when does telling the truth constitute the promotion of class and race divisions in this country, did he invent these divisions; if not who did??

You can't mend strained relations until you first admit that they exist and for many conservatives this is unthinkable, America can never be accused of anything less than perfect behaviors.

Some people choose and many have no choice except to live the reality that America is, the good, bad, and ugly.

Because some people have never experienced the ills of the nation they would like to believe those ills don't exist.

Last edited by reconmark; 08-21-2010 at 11:52 PM..

Old 08-22-2010, 04:04 AM

504 posts, read 457,261 times
Default Modified #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Dense is as dense does, I suppose. Pretending to be ignorant is the last ploy of a person who knows they have lost the argument.

It's simple.

0bama tossed Wright under the bus, because Wright's comments were "divisive and destructive"

So either of two things must be true:

1) For twenty some years, 0bama was completely unable to determine the ideology and the character of his mentor, Rev. Wright, which makes him a dolt and a fool.

Or

2) That 0bama is an opportunistic man, without honor and loyalty, because 0bama tossed his spiritual and religious mentor and friend under the bus for political gain. And for twenty some years 0bama was well aware of Wright's views and his public statements, but was not bothered by them in the least.

Its a modified #2. Wright being a spotlight hawg wouldnt shut upand Obama being in race for the presidency of the united states did not need to weigh himself down explaining to Joe the plumbers the nuances of what Wrigth was saying. Wrigth got thrown under the bus because of his own stupidity and taste for the limelight.

Or 3 like I was thinking.
The whole thing was orchestrated Wright played his part running his mouth which gave Obama the room to put him out of sight out of mind!!!! With the complete severance Wright was no longer a boat anchor

Old 08-22-2010, 06:12 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,280,661 times
I honestly don't know enough about Wright, to say he was right or wrong on some things, but I will say his delivery leaves a lot to be desired. You can't say things like" God damned America" and expect people to like it, it just isn't acceptable.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:25 AM

504 posts, read 457,261 times
Default But its Ok for Pat Robertson

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
I honestly don't know enough about Wright, to say he was right or wrong on some things, but I will say his delivery leaves a lot to be desired. You can't say things like" God damned America" and expect people to like it, it just isn't acceptable.

Everyday, folks in the pulpit go overboard with their comments. They have a congregation of mind numb Zombies to mesmerize. Its nothing new and he was saying that in relation to how America has misreated many folks. You cant ask for blessings when all the while your actions dictate a different result.

Swaggarts said crazy crap
Roberstons said crazy crap
Many more have said crazy crap.

What he had to say is pretty much like the N-Word for white people. Its what you really feel in your heart but its not polite to speak so in public.

I am no supporter of Wright as I believe Organized religion is the biggest ongoing scam on earth. But Jesus folks he aint to far off in what he says and plus just like alot of folks say forgive my parents they are older and from a different time. Wright is OLD AS HELL and...... he is a former U.S. Marine so he is going to speak his mind.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:11 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,363,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
Look folks looking for an honest discussion here.

I know most of you only have clips and snippets courtesy of Fox news but still I am interested in what Wright said that is so off and just makes you feel so oppressed.

I think its more that he stands up for himself than he has done anything to anyone plus you play him up just to try and hamstring Obama.
Pastor Jeremiah Wright Controversy “Quotes†| Bumpshack.com

This ass clown is a radical racist. Every chance he gets he bashes a race and blames that race for others misfortunes. He steps on the laws and rights of this country (that were made by the people he hates) for personal gain without regard for anyone.
The quote below is a lie and his followers are so blind that they believe this vomit because he, Wright, puts them exactly where he preaches they should be, "VICTIMS".
He can never oppress me, but he is a disease that needs a cure, he is the same caliber man as David Duke. Most people need a leader most people need to believe in something bigger than they are and more people than not do not care if that leader is wrong as long as they fall in that persons good graces.
Wright is a dangerous animal, like a wild dog who preys on people who are afraid to approach him for fear of being attacked; a menus to a civilized world.

“Sure, lets turn our cheeks to this guy, he is only talking about hate, he never really did anything did he? No big deal here, PCI is a hater too.â€
Manson didn’t lift a finger either, his followers did. How many followers did Charles Manson have?

Quote:

“Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run!…We [in the U.S.] believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God.†~Jeremiah Wright
If this man would preach the truth then he wold have to get a real job to pay his bills.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:17 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,531,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
Look folks looking for an honest discussion here.

I know most of you only have clips and snippets courtesy of Fox news but still I am interested in what Wright said that is so off and just makes you feel so oppressed.

I think its more that he stands up for himself than he has done anything to anyone plus you play him up just to try and hamstring Obama.

If it wasnt for Wrights association and spotlight with Obama he would just be another nameless religious hustler preying on the ignorance of the masses who want to believe in something to explain their suffering.

I think its a generational thing SOME older whites dont lke their negroes to talk so flippantly or to look them in the eyes while talking.
Surely you jest? Unbelievable. "Clips and snippets" eh? A "generations thing" huh? Oh boy. Lol. Your thread gave me the best laugh in a while. Talk about being deceived.
I would strongly suggest in the future to educate yourself before you post something like this. For your own sake.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:22 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Surely you jest? Unbelievable. "Clips and snippets" eh? A "generations thing" huh? Oh boy. Lol. Your thread gave me the best laugh in a while. Talk about being deceived.
I would strongly suggest in the future to educate yourself before you post something like this. For your own sake.
while there may be some who actually took the time to listen to whole sermons the majority of the quotes that I see posted here are from the soundbites that were played on the news. nothing more, nothing less. It's like when someone sees a trailer from a movie so that's the only part of the movie they know. "We didn't land on plymouth rock, plymouth rock landed on us!"

So I think his point was believable.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:24 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,330,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
since when does telling the truth constitute the promotion of class and race divisions in this country, did he invent these divisions; if not who did??

You can't mend strained relations until you first admit that they exist and for many conservatives this is unthinkable, America can never be accused of anything less than perfect behaviors.

Some people choose and many have no choice except to live the reality that America is, the good, bad, and ugly.

Because some people have never experienced the ills of the nation they would like to believe those ills don't exist.
What exactly is Wright doing to promote race relations other than focusing and dwelling on them and blaming the white man for all the ills of the nation? How does his preaching that rhetoric serve to mend fences?

Maybe it's time to stop living in the past and take some personal responsibility to improve race relations and the quality of life of those he preaches to. Simply giving people a villain to demonize doesn't solve a damn thing and only reinforces stereotypical thoughts and behaviors. There are many things he could be preaching about that would have a positive effect on those in his community, but he chooses to dwell on the evil white man instead and wonder why change isn't happening for his people.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:31 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,283,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
" I think its a generational thing SOME older whites dont lke their negroes to talk so flippantly or to look them in the eyes while talking."

You are just playing the race card again. You're basically saying that they don't like him because he is one of them negroes. As long as you see things this way, there will never be an "honest" discussion with Wright's critics.

Wright is a racist and hateful man who claims to be a "reverend". He uses his pulpit to lie about some made up "injustice" by Americans. After damning America, he can go home to a million dollar mansion in a gated commmunity. I wonder how much money he scammed from his parishioners to be able to buy it.

Be careful about shining the light...some people want to stay in the dark. Great post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies