Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 01:53 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,019,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Dense is as dense does, I suppose. Pretending to be ignorant is the last ploy of a person who knows they have lost the argument.

It's simple.

0bama tossed Wright under the bus, because Wright's comments were "divisive and destructive"

So either of two things must be true:

1) For twenty some years, 0bama was completely unable to determine the ideology and the character of his mentor, Rev. Wright, which makes him a dolt and a fool.

Or

2) That 0bama is an opportunistic man, without honor and loyalty, because 0bama tossed his spiritual and religious mentor and friend under the bus for political gain. And for twenty some years 0bama was well aware of Wright's views and his public statements, but was not bothered by them in the least.
Excellent, logical argument.

For the record, I'll go with #2. Obama is not a dolt, and was fully aware of the message of Wright. If it had been a shorter, more casual relationship...maybe. But 20 years?? He knew what Wright was peddling. Only when the rest of the country was made aware did he decide it was "divisive". Just another one under the bus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 01:54 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Well I think it was probably the time he called Italians "garlic noses" that turned me off.
That always turns me off too, i never use any degrading phrases like that to describe an entire ethnic or racial group. It must be the way you are brought up or the folks you hang with, in order to think those descriptive phrases are ok to use, much less using them in a public conversation. <shrug> Whoever the person is, that uses those types of phrases, I always think less of them as a person.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:59 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,525,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Don't you find it interesting that the same people vilifying President Obama for attending Rev. Wright’s church also accuse him of being a Muslim?
Well we all agree he was attending Jeremiah Wright church
and with the views of Jeremiah Wright, I'm sure just a few silly idea's have managed to stay in Obamas head

As far as the Muslim issue Obama has made it pretty clear
by his own writings From his book Audacity of Hope: 'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'

AND

In this video in the first 58 seconds he PLAINLY STATES he's a Muslim

YouTube - Obama's Muslim Faith

So it's pretty clear that the both of them really do not have
America's best interest at heart

Old 08-21-2010, 02:37 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,486,476 times
I agree with him that America has benefited by exploitation, but he is out of touch with what to do about it in 2010. Without rich people to tax there would be no welfare programs.

Old 08-21-2010, 02:53 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,887,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
He is only a muslim when they want him to be one.
He is only a Muslim when HE wants to be one. He will go to whatever church, or be of whatever religion that benefits him the most on that particular day.
You may have noticed, he has attended NO church of any religion since he took office. His excuse, he doesn't want his presence to disrupt the service. That was never an issue with any other past president.
What a lying sack of Poo..

Old 08-21-2010, 02:59 PM

531 posts, read 338,368 times
This is exactly what im talking about. Libs are so quick to talk **** about crazy christian people. Then when rev wright is mentioned they defend him to the tee. Hypocrisy much?

Old 08-21-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
He is only a muslim when they want him to be one.
I never said, nor implied, that 0bama was a Muslim. It was just a last ditch effort by someone who knew he had lost the debate, and was looking for a way to sidetrack me.

Old 08-21-2010, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
He is only a Muslim when HE wants to be one. He will go to whatever church, or be of whatever religion that benefits him the most on that particular day.
You may have noticed, he has attended NO church of any religion since he took office. His excuse, he doesn't want his presence to disrupt the service. That was never an issue with any other past president.
What a lying sack of Poo..
Apparently, 0resident Obama reads his daily devotional on his BlackBerry That pretty much sums up his idea of Christian worship as of late.

Old 08-21-2010, 06:29 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Three pages so far and not a single analytical or expository response to the OP's question.

Old 08-21-2010, 06:31 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
gosh i dont know, when they aired on radio, his comments about elimination of people in the AA community that were cooperating with the white establishment, i got a little uncomfortable.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 08-21-2010 at 07:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies