Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 02:07 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Why do we need to give an analytical reason? Didn't 0bama already explain why he tossed Rev. Wright under the bus?
What Obama said or did not say is irrelevant to the OP's question.

Quote:
Didn't we hear 0bama's explanation with our own ears, or read his statement with our own eyes?
I read it, I disagreed with it, so I'm asking you to defend it. If given the chance I would ask Obama the same question.

Quote:
Once the greatest orator on the planet gets done telling the entire world why he thinks Wright is a disgrace, what else can there possibly be left, to be said?
Quite a bit actually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 02:50 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Why do we need to give an analytical reason? Didn't 0bama already explain why he tossed Rev. Wright under the bus? Didn't we hear 0bama's explanation with our own ears, or read his statement with our own eyes?

Once the greatest orator on the planet gets done telling the entire world why he thinks Wright is a disgrace, what else can there possibly be left, to be said?

April, 2008 - 0bama:

"I am outraged by the comments that were made and saddened over the spectacle that we saw yesterday.

I have been a member of Trinity United Church of Christ since 1992. I have known Reverend Wright for almost 20 years. The person I saw yesterday wasn't the person that I met 20 years ago. The comments weren't only divisive and destructive. I believe that they end up giving comfort to those who prey on hate. I believe they don't portray accurately the perspective of the black church. They certainly don't portray accurately my values and beliefs. And if Reverend Wright thinks that is political posturing, as he put it, then he doesn't know me very well. And based on his remarks yesterday, I may not know him as well as I thought, either."

Obama disavows Rev. Wright - 2008 Presidential Campaign Blog - Political Intelligence - Boston.com

I almost forgot the Obamas just happened to be absent on every single occasion that Wright railed against the white race. They never heard any rumors within the church that Wright was a racist or the church had a racist congregation and no one in the Obama family happened to pick up a Rev Wright CD from the church book store or download a sermon that would have tipped them off that he was a racist. Twenty years...never came up.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:23 AM

504 posts, read 457,146 times
Default Facts please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I almost forgot the Obamas just happened to be absent on every single occasion that Wright railed against the white race. They never heard any rumors within the church that Wright was a racist or the church had a racist congregation and no one in the Obama family happened to pick up a Rev Wright CD from the church book store or download a sermon that would have tipped them off that he was a racist. Twenty years...never came up.
Pointing out the obvious in a confrontational manner isnt RACIST. A bit out the norm in these PC times but not racist.

Facts are facts.

Go through all his speeches and find where he ever said whites were inferior..............That to me would be racist and I would denounce it as such. Go find where he conspires to flood white communities with Drugs then make $ off the back end wth racist sentencing laws directed at whites.

Gimme something to work with fella!

But pointing out known facts isnt Racism.

The man would probably give you the shirt off his back if you were in need. We still deal with one another on an individual basis.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:40 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,632,311 times
God DAMN Wright and the horse he rode in on and the whores that rode on him.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:33 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,304,767 times
Quote:
Would the America people of today allow the slave trade, would they allow the slaughter of our Native Americans? Hell no! But their sure as hell are people alive today, who want to blame all living "white" Americans for the sins committed by those people who are long dead, and I'm freaking sick and tired of it.
It might be a little easier for Black Americans forget the past racism of White Americans if not for organizations like the Aryan Brotherhood, the Klu Klux Klan, and the American Nazi Party. All of which profess hatred for Black Americans.

It might be a little easier for Black to forget the past racism of White Americans if people like Rand Paul were not advocating that private business have the right not to provide services to people based on race.
It might be a little easier for Black Americans to forget the past racism of White Americans if the Innocence Project wouldn’t keep proving that many of the people wrongly convicted of crimes in this country were Black Americans.

It might be a little easier for Black Americans to forget the past racism of White Americans if some of the criticism, hate and vitriol aimed at President Obama was in some measure due to the fact that many White Americans view America as a White Christian nation and are infuriated that a White person is not President of the United States.

It might be a little easier for Black Americans to forget the past racism of White Americans if people like Rush Limbaugh wasn’t a making statements such as:

“Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.â€

[To an African American female caller]: “Take that bone out of your nose and call me back.â€

“We need segregated buses… This is Obama’s America.â€

“You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.â€

“Let the unskilled jobs that take absolutely no knowledge whatsoever to do — let stupid and unskilled Mexicans do that work.â€

It might be a little easier for Black Americans to forget the past racism of White Americans if people like Andrew Breitbart hadn’t take Shirley Sherrod’s words out of context in an attempt to paint her as a racist, only to be repudiated when the full context and speech was put before the public to see.

It might be a little easier for Black Americans to forget the past racism of White Americans if White Americans weren’t continuing to display such racist behavior today.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:39 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
What is interesting about the whole "Reverend Wright Affair" is how one ten to twenty second clip was used to paint Reverent Wright as some kind of evil villain. The same tactic was used to vilify Shirley Sherrod.

How many Americans have actually listened to the ENTIRE speech that Reverend Wright made? If you are a hard-core right wing conservative you aren’t going to like the speech. But the speech was about injustices that American has perpetuated here in this country against other American and injustices that have been perpetuated abroad in countries like Viet Nam. There is nothing that he said that was not true. But some folks don’t want to believe anything but America is the land of the free and home of the brave.
Well look at what they did to Sarah Palin, lets not forget about her. So the Rev and Shirley Sherrod got off pretty easy.

Old 08-23-2010, 05:32 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,280,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
It might be a little easier for Black Americans forget the past racism of White Americans if not for organizations like the Aryan Brotherhood, the Klu Klux Klan, and the American Nazi Party. All of which profess hatred for Black Americans.

It might be a little easier for Black to forget the past racism of White Americans if people like Rand Paul were not advocating that private business have the right not to provide services to people based on race.
It might be a little easier for Black Americans to forget the past racism of White Americans if the Innocence Project wouldn’t keep proving that many of the people wrongly convicted of crimes in this country were Black Americans.

It might be a little easier for Black Americans to forget the past racism of White Americans if some of the criticism, hate and vitriol aimed at President Obama was in some measure due to the fact that many White Americans view America as a White Christian nation and are infuriated that a White person is not President of the United States.

It might be a little easier for Black Americans to forget the past racism of White Americans if people like Rush Limbaugh wasn’t a making statements such as:

“Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.â€

[To an African American female caller]: “Take that bone out of your nose and call me back.â€

“We need segregated buses… This is Obama’s America.â€

“You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.â€

“Let the unskilled jobs that take absolutely no knowledge whatsoever to do — let stupid and unskilled Mexicans do that work.â€

It might be a little easier for Black Americans to forget the past racism of White Americans if people like Andrew Breitbart hadn’t take Shirley Sherrod’s words out of context in an attempt to paint her as a racist, only to be repudiated when the full context and speech was put before the public to see.

It might be a little easier for Black Americans to forget the past racism of White Americans if White Americans weren’t continuing to display such racist behavior today.
Geeeez, thats no fun.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:28 AM

30,069 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
Look folks looking for an honest discussion here.

I know most of you only have clips and snippets courtesy of Fox news but still I am interested in what Wright said that is so off and just makes you feel so oppressed.

I think its more that he stands up for himself than he has done anything to anyone plus you play him up just to try and hamstring Obama.

If it wasnt for Wrights association and spotlight with Obama he would just be another nameless religious hustler preying on the ignorance of the masses who want to believe in something to explain their suffering.

I think its a generational thing SOME older whites dont lke their negroes to talk so flippantly or to look them in the eyes while talking.

You've got to be kidding? I guess Hitler and Stalin were fine. Here is your list. It is shocking that a human being who has an education beyond the first grade does not find his comments disturbing. But then, I guess, this is just the brainwashed state of the liberal.

We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye.”

“We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America’s chickens are coming home to roost.” (Sep 2001)

“The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing ‘God Bless America.’ No, no, no, God damn America, that’s in the Bible for killing innocent people. God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme.” (2003)

“In the 21st century, white America got a wake-up call after 9/11/01. White America and the western world came to realize that people of color had not gone away, faded into the woodwork or just ‘disappeared’ as the Great White West kept on its merry way of ignoring black concerns.” (magazine article)

“Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run!…We [in the U.S.] believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God.” (sermon)

“Barack knows what it means living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people. Hillary would never know that. Hillary ain’t never been called a ******. Hillary has never had a people defined as a non-person.”
“Hillary is married to Bill, and Bill has been good to us. No he ain’t! Bill did us, just like he did Monica Lewinsky. He was riding dirty.” (sermon)

“The Israelis have illegally occupied Palestinian territories for over 40 years now. Divestment has now hit the table again as a strategy to wake the business community and wake up Americans concerning the injustice and the racism under which the Palestinians have lived because of Zionism.”

Old 08-23-2010, 07:23 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,549,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
Look folks looking for an honest discussion here.

I know most of you only have clips and snippets courtesy of Fox news but still I am interested in what Wright said that is so off and just makes you feel so oppressed.

I think its more that he stands up for himself than he has done anything to anyone plus you play him up just to try and hamstring Obama.

If it wasnt for Wrights association and spotlight with Obama he would just be another nameless religious hustler preying on the ignorance of the masses who want to believe in something to explain their suffering.

I think its a generational thing SOME older whites dont lke their negroes to talk so flippantly or to look them in the eyes while talking.

I'M STILL SEARCHING FOR THE "G-D AMERICA" PASSAGE....HE SAID IT WAS IN THE BIBLE....

Old 08-23-2010, 07:23 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,531,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I just call it being correct, politics has nothing to do with it.

Anyway, here we are day three and we still don't have a not have serious and substantiated response to the OP's question.
You feel that defending Rev Jeremiah right is correct? That is worrisome in itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies