Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 11:30 PM

767 posts, read 490,339 times

Advertisements

Well if they are calling for violence they are not really moderate are they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 11:55 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,851,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
Well if they are calling for violence they are not really moderate are they?
I just asked someone who is a professed "moderate" if he supported Sharia Law. His answer, "That is a trick question." LOL! So much for believing in "moderate" Islam. He is living in Saudi Arabia, but claims he is also American.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:58 PM

767 posts, read 490,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I just asked someone who is a professed "moderate" if he supported Sharia Law. His answer, "That is a trick question." LOL! So much for believing in "moderate" Islam. He is living in Saudi Arabia, but claims he is also American.
So one person living in Saudi Arabia speaks for every Muslim?? Talk about moderate.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:29 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,375,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
You gotta love how the Christian Taliban responded to this thread and turned the word "anger" into "terrorism" Talk about manipulating one's words to make them a target of Right Wing extremism.
I see. So the 'anger' is what happened in the street event in Michigan?

Where will that anger lead? Ya think they'll just go home and have a drink and cool down? Maybe a mid day prayer? Pray for peace and commit angry violent acts?

This guy's statement was a veiled threat (thinly at that). What this guy says is followed by far more than 'moderate' muslims. He speaks to the radicals.

If any NY politician had the balls they'd pull the property from him for making a terrorist threat. Where the h*ll is Big Sis on this threat? That's what they do if they deem an American making such a threat.

What is happening in this country is two standards are being created. Muslim and 'the rest of us'. And elected officials everywhere are pandering to one side, it ain't 'the rest of us'.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:33 AM

88,682 posts, read 85,015,124 times
I watched this same interview. How in the world did people twist that statement into a threat?

Old 09-09-2010, 06:36 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,893,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I watched this same interview. How in the world did people twist that statement into a threat?
Post exactly what he said,so we can all see.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:44 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,375,603 times
With a little patience the video will be out today.

That way all the little spineless weasel liberals will be able to hear it in context and praise him for his restraint. (As if a veiled threat means anything to them).

Old 09-09-2010, 06:46 AM

720 posts, read 692,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

How in the world..OMFG, really! Blind eyes...

Bring it on Ruf Ruf...

Old 09-09-2010, 06:48 AM

59 posts, read 51,662 times
It's simple. Moderate muslims don't exist.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:04 AM

88,682 posts, read 85,015,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
It is a trick question.

There's no hard and fast agreement amongst Muslims as to what Sharia law includes.

I've seen people on here who seem to believe that Sharia law means women in burqas and public beheadings for minor infractions. Yes, that is ignorant, but ignorance is far more widespread than you might think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies