Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 10:15 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,585,067 times

Advertisements

For the second time, the Eiffel Tower is on alert. France has raised their security and have unfoiled a terrorist plan in England, France and Germany.

I cannot believe anyone would want to destroy this beautiful work of art. People put their hard work into it and it is a symbol of France. Maybe this is just upsetting to me because I was in France a couple weeks ago. The beauty of the Eiffel Tower was captivating and I hate the idea of it getting blown up because some Muslims are upset. What is their problem? If you hate France and other countries so much, leave. Don't you dare threaten them or us. Will there be some people making up excuses for Muslims if this goes through?

My reaction would be that I'd be heartbroken for France, England and Germany if anything happens. I wish with all my heart nothing happens. I hate seeing things like this happen.

I even feel like it may start off a World War Three up. Not sure about it but it could happen.

Eiffel Tower Evacuated Following Bomb Threat : dBTechno (http://www.dbtechno.com/curiosity/2010/09/29/eiffel-tower-evacuated-following-bomb-threat/ - broken link)

Let us all hope for the best. Hopefully, the authorities will uncover everything and arrest those who are responsible. The American people are with the people of Europe throughout this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 10:17 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,246,238 times
I would naturally think that we would need to be more understanding and tolerant and not expect the same from the muslim world, and call everyone who disagrees with me an islamophobe.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
I would naturally think that we would need to be more understanding and tolerant and not expect the same from the muslim world, and call everyone who disagrees with me an islamophobe.
Wow. Really?

Good thing I don't think like you.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:21 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,624,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
That's some good sarcasm right there.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:23 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,472,051 times
My reaction? "oh well, you asked for it". Isn't that what we are supposed to say these days?

Old 09-29-2010, 10:24 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,341,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
For the second time, the Eiffel Tower is on alert. France has raised their security and have unfoiled a terrorist plan in England, France and Germany.

I cannot believe anyone would want to destroy this beautiful work of art. People put their hard work into it and it is a symbol of France. Maybe this is just upsetting to me because I was in France a couple weeks ago. The beauty of the Eiffel Tower was captivating and I hate the idea of it getting blown up because some Muslims are upset. What is their problem? If you hate France and other countries so much, leave. Don't you dare threaten them or us. Will there be some people making up excuses for Muslims if this goes through?

My reaction would be that I'd be heartbroken for France, England and Germany if anything happens. I wish with all my heart nothing happens. I hate seeing things like this happen.

I even feel like it may start off a World War Three up. Not sure about it but it could happen.

Eiffel Tower Evacuated Following Bomb Threat : dBTechno (http://www.dbtechno.com/curiosity/2010/09/29/eiffel-tower-evacuated-following-bomb-threat/ - broken link)

Let us all hope for the best. Hopefully, the authorities will uncover everything and arrest those who are responsible. The American people are with the people of Europe throughout this.
The Eiffel Tower is opposite in the beauty line from a dome.

It is architecturally insulting to Islam.

The French, themselves, should dismantle it in respect to Allah.

I'm thinking of getting a "bowl" haircut.

I don't like creating enemies needlessly.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
My reaction? "oh well, you asked for it". Isn't that what we are supposed to say these days?
No. It isn't. What makes you say that?

I am not saying that. Why are all the conservatives caving in now? Afraid?

Old 09-29-2010, 10:38 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,200,586 times
Quote:
What would be your reaction if the Eiffel Tower got blown up?
I'm glad I have photos of the Eiffel Tower from when I visited Paris several times.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:40 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,755,002 times
I would say time to wipe Mecca off the face of the planet. Isn't that what they want for ALL of Judaism and Christendom. Where does it stop. Then they will go after the Far East. Time to get this out of our systems now and settle this crap. Leave us alone and we leave you alone simple as that.

I will go you one better liberalvoice. What is going to be your reaction when they set off a nuke on an American city. How long do we wait to deal with the festering cancer of Islamic Jihad. For all those who think this is not plausible, did you ever think they would run planes in the World Trade Center. 911 is a bigger attack than taking down the Eiffel Tower. Nine years later what really has been solved. The West has turned into the Neville Chamberlains of the 21st century. Look at what is happening throughout Europe.

These people are nothing if they are not patient. Just like the sleeper KGB spies they caught earlier in the year on AMERICAN soil. Don't hear much about that anymore do you?

Nation & World | Expelled sleeper agents to be cared for, Putin says | Seattle Times Newspaper

They have learned well from their former Russian Masters. That connection is a whole other can of worms.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:41 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,246,238 times
I've noticed that the left talks about "proportionality" when it comes to Israel fighting against Islamists. So I'm wondering, is it "proportionate" to blow up the Eifel tower because Burkas got banned?

or is proportionality just a thing expected of Jews?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies