Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 03:44 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,952,864 times

Advertisements

II'd say that its got to be the French fries that caused this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 03:53 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,843,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
For the second time, the Eiffel Tower is on alert. France has raised their security and have unfoiled a terrorist plan in England, France and Germany.

I cannot believe anyone would want to destroy this beautiful work of art. People put their hard work into it and it is a symbol of France. Maybe this is just upsetting to me because I was in France a couple weeks ago. The beauty of the Eiffel Tower was captivating and I hate the idea of it getting blown up because some Muslims are upset. What is their problem? If you hate France and other countries so much, leave. Don't you dare threaten them or us. Will there be some people making up excuses for Muslims if this goes through?

My reaction would be that I'd be heartbroken for France, England and Germany if anything happens. I wish with all my heart nothing happens. I hate seeing things like this happen.

I even feel like it may start off a World War Three up. Not sure about it but it could happen.

Eiffel Tower Evacuated Following Bomb Threat : dBTechno (http://www.dbtechno.com/curiosity/2010/09/29/eiffel-tower-evacuated-following-bomb-threat/ - broken link)

Let us all hope for the best. Hopefully, the authorities will uncover everything and arrest those who are responsible. The American people are with the people of Europe throughout this.
If they blew up the Louvre or the Chartres Cathedral, I would be upset.

But if they blew up the Eiffel tower I wouldn't mind so much. Its a crappy tourist trap anyway.

Old 09-29-2010, 03:55 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,700,862 times
I wouldn't care--I don't live in Paris.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:10 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,585,067 times
SO far we have a different range of emotions here. I think it is bull****.

Think the Tower will be there in a week or so?

Old 09-29-2010, 06:47 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,675,832 times
it would be awful. made more awful by the fact that i have yet to see it firsthand.
my reaction?
sadness and anger.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:10 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,047,653 times
Love the Tower! If they blow it up, the French are gonna be looking for some payback, its not gonna be pretty.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:15 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,546,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
SO far we have a different range of emotions here. I think it is bull****.

Think the Tower will be there in a week or so?
I'd be willing to bet that the Eiffel Tower will be there in a week and more. They received two anonymous bomb threats in the last two weeks, found nothing around the tower, and subsequently the French will heavily increase security around the Tower for the immediate time being.

There was a plan uncovered to attack sites in Western Europe from a Pakistani-based group--however there is no evidence whether the latest bomb threat was actually attributable to a terrorist group or were just hoaxes. Besides, Al Qaeda's style has never been to warn the authorities before a bomb goes off.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:17 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,704,782 times
Quick, someone trick them into leveling Montparnasse instead. It'll be a win-win.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:18 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,725,067 times
Much of France's problem rest with their backing of a Military Government in their former colony of Algeria, which is fighting a war with Al Quieda backed Militants similar to the Taliban. Most of their Muslims are Algerian many seeking asylum from the government France backs

Old 09-29-2010, 07:21 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,315,185 times
I am wondering how many here know how the group that was recently discovered planning to do the Eiffel Tower was taken in. For some reason it seems that the US has had this guy in custody for over a year and surely used some of their serious torture methods to get him to talk. Actually it was a multi-national group that kept the latest attacks from taking place but according to Ms. Napalitano it seems the Americans were heavily involved in it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies