Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Glenn Beck is
a patriotic American fighting the good fight. 84 40.98%
just your standard paranoid. 14 6.83%
a jackass. 40 19.51%
batsh*t crazy. 67 32.68%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 04:26 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
Personally, I think that he runs the gamut between all of the above.

Question: Overall, do you think that he is a positive force in this country or a negative one?

Correction: as one astute poster pointed out, I should have included a fifth option:

5) a shrewd businessman exploiting a niche market in American gullibility.

I'll try to be more thorough next time. My apologies.
I agree with this completely. He is just like Limbaugh and Palin, their target market is very wide.

Old 11-19-2010, 04:55 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
I think he's a heckuvan actor.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:01 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,987 times
If Beck in so bad, a flyspeck, a nuttin.....

WHY are his competition and detractors chasing him in the viewing ratings?

Because they want a piece of his pie instead of making their own.

WHY is Soros doing everything he can to shut him up?

Because Soros sees the truth regarding progressives and his puppet O being exposed. He even admits it publically.

Simple like that.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:18 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,191,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I agree with this completely. He is just like Limbaugh and Palin, their target market is very wide.
America has more gullible chumps per square mile than any other developed nation.
The formula of working the American people is to use religion and paranoia. Beck does that very well.
In the OP: Question: "Overall, do you think that he is a positive force in this country or a negative one?"
Negative. But, to be fair, positive forces in America are very few.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:44 AM

313 posts, read 324,862 times
Glenns radio program is a little crazy for me. Although i love his tv show. I have learned more about American history on his tv show then i ever did in school. I seen him in person and it was just like watching him on tv. Sometimes he makes me laugh and sometimes he makes me cry. What more can you ask for.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:54 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
Personally, I think that he runs the gamut between all of the above.

Question: Overall, do you think that he is a positive force in this country or a negative one?

Correction: as one astute poster pointed out, I should have included a fifth option:

5) a shrewd businessman exploiting a niche market in American gullibility.

I'll try to be more thorough next time. My apologies.
I think the majority of Americans are tired of getting the one-sided story that the left puts out. I think that Glenn Beck is telling the truth, because he tells you to "go check it out for yourself, don't just take my word for it". Plus, why would the left be threatening him and threatening to shut down Fox, if this was just his opinion. That makes me think that he's a threat to them because he's telling the truth. Obama constanly lies, and no one is shutting him down.
They say that they want to shut down Fox and to be fair, MSN, but no one watches MSN. Millions watch Fox.
I think Beck is sencere and so is Palin. If they are making the big bucks off of their opinions, then who cares, this is America, right?
Bottom line, if you don't like him, don't watch him. What he is saying isn't hurting you, so get over it!

Old 11-19-2010, 11:56 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,577,270 times
****ing moron.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:57 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,199,456 times
I had a hard time choosing from the last 3 options but I voted for Batsh*t crazy.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:00 PM

1,496 posts, read 3,386,817 times
He does a good job at presenting educational facts in US history. It doesn't matter what I think of the man personally but he has his US history down. He also is excellent at calling out the George Soros crowd and has proved beyond a doubt that Soros contributes millions and millions to radical left causes. I agree with some of the Soros agenda, like legalizing drugs, but I vehemently disagree with this business of one world government he has promted in his books. Soros is scared of GB and has threatened him with every known threat to a media outlet but it isn't working. FNC continues to grow in viewership because of people like GB who present the facts and wait for the rebuttal that never comes.

Hmmmmmm I wonder why?

Don't like GB, turn the channel or support Jay Rockefeller who is callling for government censorship of FNC. Absoultely totalitarian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUcNn3pwyqI

No thanks Jay....Take your totalitarian ideas and stuff them up Soros's analpore.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:21 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
He may be waking up but I don't trust him.
After flat out bashing Ron Paul he's starting to back a lot of what Ron Paul said during his Presidential campaign. Of course why wouldn't he, Paul was dead on about the housing collapse ruining our economy and the illegal invasion into Iraq. I sure wish more people would wake up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies