Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Glenn Beck is
a patriotic American fighting the good fight. 84 40.98%
just your standard paranoid. 14 6.83%
a jackass. 40 19.51%
batsh*t crazy. 67 32.68%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 07:13 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

I watched his show once to see how his radio schtick would go over on TV.

Like i said. I watched it once. I pay the guy no mind.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:13 PM

1,289 posts, read 3,035,849 times
Former druggie, alcoholic with paranoid delusions of grandeur. He's also an entertainer with extreme issues. I can't stand to see a grown man cry on National television.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:26 PM

1,422 posts, read 2,303,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Glenn Beck is wanting to be the Joseph Smith (LDS) of his day, without all the wives
He his not original, and he is an opportunist.
The apple doesn't fall far from the original Mormon Tree
Beck is a Fraud. He should have a disclaimer
that this is Mormon Doctrine - not something he's brainstormed himself.

Beck says “Divine Destiny.”

“The United States of America is the greatest nation in history. It is truly a nation of divine destiny! …A few short years after this great preparatory work had been accomplished by the Founding Fathers of the United States, Joseph Smith Jr. was born, and the stage was set for the gospel to be restored for the blessing of all mankind.” Scott Bradley, Mormon historian

Beck says “Constitution hanging by a thread”

"Joseph Smith, the prophet, was inspired to affirm and ratify this truth, and he further predicted that the time would come, when the Constitution of our country would hang as it were by a thread, and that the Latter-day Saints, above all other people in the world, would come to the rescue of that great and glorious palladium of our liberty" Joseph F. Smith (nephew of founder Joseph Smith)
I'm always surprised that Beck's Mormon beliefs seem to get so little coverage

We really are in trouble if people see Beck as the new Prophet

I agree with the poster who likened him to a Jim Jones-esque snake oil televangelist.

He truly gives me the creeps ****shudder***

Old 11-19-2010, 07:34 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I think he must pay people to start countless threads about him.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:50 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
Personally, I think that he runs the gamut between all of the above.

Question: Overall, do you think that he is a positive force in this country or a negative one?

Correction: as one astute poster pointed out, I should have included a fifth option:

5) a shrewd businessman exploiting a niche market in American gullibility.

I'll try to be more thorough next time. My apologies.
I voted for patriot, but I think you have a good point. I rarely watch him, I think he is funny when I do, Yes, he is a little nutty as well, but mostly he is an entertainer with some views I share.

Nita

Old 11-20-2010, 08:55 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
His record speaks for itself.

It took out two commi Obama czars all by himself and has exposed just how anti American Obama and his family of American haters are.

Thank goodness for Glen Beck and people like him.

He has been dead on right on many, many things in the Obama WH and other anti American people.

Like him or not, his success with exposing things has been awesome.

Ask Van Jones, you know the commi czar hand picked by Obama that Beck destroyed?

Success is something left wingers hate and Beck is a total success story.

Nice the poll has one positive and all the rest negative thoughts. So it must be another trolling thread.

Loons fill up CD with Beck and Palin threads because they have nothing positive to post about their lame duck in the WH.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:01 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
I think Beck should have his own show on Comedy Central, as after watching this last bit, I'm not sure who is more humorous, Beck or Stewart.

George Soros Plans to Overthrow America - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 11/18/10 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

The follow up piece, complete with kooky-loon-O-rama chalk board, puppets, and 6 degrees of Glenn Beck... shot of Thorazine not included.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/th...hurian-lunatic

Seriously, this guy is on a news channel... seriously?

Old 11-20-2010, 09:58 AM

28,100 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Girl View Post
I'm always surprised that Beck's Mormon beliefs seem to get so little coverage

He truly gives me the creeps ****shudder***
He gives me the creeps and I'm a Mormon! But seriously, why should his religion get any coverage at all? If he were a Methodist spouting off nonsense, would you expect the Methodist Church to be getting a lot of coverage? What people don't seem to understand is that Beck is not preaching Mormonism. He's preaching his own beliefs. Sure, there may be some similarities between some of what he says and what Mormonism teaches, but basically, he's just his own weird self. I wish people would realize that and not assume that they're hearing Mormon doctrine.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:02 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
None of the above. He is a professional entertainer.
Problem seems to be that like his boss Roger Ailes no one listens when they say none of the crap they put out is true.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:32 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Right or Wrong or how indifferent you feel about the Man, so much of the time he is spot on, and you can check for yourself as i sometimes do about his topics.

He does have a weird kind of way of exercising the truth on some topics, and is over the top, but hey in the media game don't you have to be over the top!

Some may not like his methods, but hey it is working, and if you like him or not, People are turning in to his show. Sometimes the truth hurts, and People cannot stand hearing what they themselves know to be true, but won't admit to it, Glenn put's it all out there for you, he is no different then so many of the idiots on MSNBC AND CNN.

Anthing does go in the NEWS MEDIA. Hey you have to sort of be a salesmen to sell the NEWS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies