Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Glenn Beck is
a patriotic American fighting the good fight. 84 40.98%
just your standard paranoid. 14 6.83%
a jackass. 40 19.51%
batsh*t crazy. 67 32.68%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 06:34 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times

Advertisements

Love him or hate him, he is the most honest person in media.

No one who bashes him ever debates whether he is right or wrong. They bash him personally.

Take the airport scanners for instance. Beck connected the dots and found that soros owned 11,300 shares in the company, which he sold 2 days before Beck went public.

He also found that Chertoff's (a former republican homeland security director) has a huge interest in the company.

Beck is the best at what he does, which is doing the job that the rest of the media should be doing.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:43 AM

465 posts, read 464,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Love him or hate him, he is the most honest person in media.

No one who bashes him ever debates whether he is right or wrong. They bash him personally.

Take the airport scanners for instance. Beck connected the dots and found that soros owned 11,300 shares in the company, which he sold 2 days before Beck went public.

He also found that Chertoff's (a former republican homeland security director) has a huge interest in the company.

Beck is the best at what he does, which is doing the job that the rest of the media should be doing.
Beck is not researching these things and finding them out.

His team is.

Beck is just the personality who delivers the information.

You seriously think the Beck is doing all that stuff single handedly? Yeah right, he is working with lots of people.

My problem with Beck is that he perpetuates political ignorance. People turn to him because they don't just want news, they also want someone to tell them how to feel about the news.

I havn't watched too much of him. But I do agree with some things he has said. But some things he's said are WAY off in my opinion. Either way, most people blindly follow his words.

I prefer dry facts. Not some guy yelling and inserting drama and emotion into it. I can think for myself and interpret the news myself, I don't need someone else to do that for me.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:48 AM

28 posts, read 17,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post

I prefer dry facts. Not some guy yelling and inserting drama and emotion into it. I can think for myself and interpret the news myself, I don't need someone else to do that for me.

Maybe then you should watch Hardball or that other idiot Olberdouche.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:49 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post

His team is.

Beck is just the personality who delivers the information.

You seriously think the Beck is doing all that stuff single handedly? Yeah right, he is working with lots of people.

My problem with Beck is that he perpetuates political ignorance. People turn to him because they don't just want news, they also want someone to tell them how to feel about the news.

I havn't watched too much of him. But I do agree with some things he has said. But some things he's said are WAY off in my opinion. Either way, most people blindly follow his words.

Oh. So a bunch of people got together with information and said "Hey, Glenn, we need you to put this out there".

Of course you haven't watched him.

If you had, you would know that he tell people EVERY DAY not to take his word for anything.

Research it yourself.

But that goes against the talking points about him.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:55 AM

465 posts, read 464,034 times
Quote:
Oh. So a bunch of people got together with information and said "Hey, Glenn, we need you to put this out there".

Of course you haven't watched him.

If you had, you would know that he tell people EVERY DAY not to take his word for anything.

Research it yourself.

But that goes against the talking points about him.
I'm not just talking about Beck, I'm talking about EVERY political pundit.

They all have a team working behind them. This is a fact.

If you can't see the showbiz side of Glenn Beck then i'm not gonna try to convince you. Learn about how TV shows are created and how they operate. Especially monologue or interview shows like Beck's.

You seem like you're just looking at the surface.

You sound like you are passionately defending Beck. I think Beck has gotten in your head. Try to remain objective.....

Last edited by NomadRefugee; 11-21-2010 at 07:05 AM..

Old 11-21-2010, 07:34 AM

565 posts, read 486,114 times
Quote:

Research it yourself.
People who "research" don't watch GB.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:26 AM

170 posts, read 533,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Hippies? How old are you? Do people still use that word? I really don't know any hippies. I know a lot of liberals, but no hippies.
Im 31

The most majority of old white liberals are nothing but hippies from the 60'd that grew up.

You guys were stupid back losers back than.....same today.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:50 AM

565 posts, read 486,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanskills View Post
The most majority of old white liberals are nothing but hippies from the 60'd that grew up.

The less ideas we have, the more we believe in them.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:51 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,199,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanskills View Post
Im 31

And the majority of Glenn Beck minions are old, white, brainwashed conservatives who grew
up in the 40's through the 60's and wish they could go back in time...

Old 11-21-2010, 10:55 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
And the majority of Glenn Beck minions are old, white, brainwashed conservatives who grew
up in the 40's through the 60's and wish they could go back in time...

I bet half his viewers were pot smokers in their youth
and even listened to Hendrix
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies