Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Glenn Beck is
a patriotic American fighting the good fight. 84 40.98%
just your standard paranoid. 14 6.83%
a jackass. 40 19.51%
batsh*t crazy. 67 32.68%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 08:01 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,393,569 times

Advertisements

I think he is a man who celebrates ignorance.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:50 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,503,609 times
I'm convinced that this dude is a comedian. Playing in a gimmick, so to speak. I just can't fathom the thought of someone being at insane as his character portrays.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:16 AM

1,422 posts, read 2,304,370 times
Why does every post mentioning his Mormon beliefs get instantly deleted?

Moderators, please inform me right here if disagreeing with someone/challenging their beliefs violates the Terms Of Service

Every CD reader and Fox "News" viewer - go and read the "Doctrine & Covenants" and "The Book Of Mormon" - and Jon Krakauer's "Under The Banner Of Heaven" - and make your own decisions about Glenn Beck..............

I'll bet this thread is deleted immediately............

I'll stand by and concede: Thanks for not deleting this thread :-)...............many hours later :-)

Last edited by London Girl; 11-21-2010 at 01:06 AM..

Old 11-21-2010, 01:39 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Girl View Post
Why does every post mentioning his Mormon beliefs get instantly deleted?

Moderators, please inform me right here if disagreeing with someone/challenging their beliefs violates the Terms Of Service

Every CD reader and Fox "News" viewer - go and read the "Doctrine & Covenants" and "The Book Of Mormon" - and Jon Krakauer's "Under The Banner Of Heaven" - and make your own decisions about Glenn Beck..............

I'll bet this thread is deleted immediately............

I'll stand by and concede: Thanks for not deleting this thread :-)...............many hours later :-)
I think Beck is a good man, despite pushing the neo-con agenda although it seems like lately he's been coming round to the libertarian side. I just hope it's not one of his attempts to plant himself in Alex Jones' shoes because that's the direction Beck's show has been taking as of late. As for him being Mormon, they aren't bad people.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:45 AM

465 posts, read 464,034 times
Beck is just playing a character. His whole act is a business. And it's working great. He's getting filthy rich and has an army of sheeple standing behind him.

Most political pundits who are really far to the left or right are like this. They know what they are doing and they are doing it strategically.

People are gullible to fall for these circuses and believe in these clowns.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post
Beck is just playing a character. His whole act is a business. And it's working great. He's getting filthy rich and has an army of sheeple standing behind him.

Most political pundits who are really far to the left or right are like this. They know what they are doing and they are doing it strategically.

People are gullible to fall for these circuses and believe in these clowns.
That's why alternative media is growing

Old 11-21-2010, 01:50 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,378,514 times
He is very boring and unattractive. I don't care for how he talks nor his mannerisms. When he comes on Fox News I change the station.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:55 AM

465 posts, read 464,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRabbit View Post
He is very boring and unattractive. I don't care for how he talks nor his mannerisms. When he comes on Fox News I change the station.
HAHAHAHA!

So if there were a pundit on TV who was attractive and charismatic you would watch him huh?

Forget about what he's saying. Forget about content. It's just all about how nice they look on camera

Old 11-21-2010, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post
HAHAHAHA!

So if there were a pundit on TV who was attractive and charismatic you would watch him huh?

Forget about what he's saying. Forget about content. It's just all about how nice they look on camera
Sadly, plenty of those superficial people exist . That reminds me of a commercial that, I believe, the AARP played during the '08 election that showed people going for the guy that made the crowd laugh and was camera material and to not vote for a guy based on how "camera worthy" he is

Old 11-21-2010, 06:26 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
Personally, I think that he runs the gamut between all of the above.

Question: Overall, do you think that he is a positive force in this country or a negative one?

Can I give you a technical tip? If you already have a desired outcome that you are pretty sure is going to match your anti-Beck agenda, don't dilute it with 3 poll choices that say pretty much the same thing. People will glance at the outcome and see the highest number and say "Oh, Beck's winning" and not bother to add together the numbers that go with the other choices.

If you really wanted to know what people think, the question ("Overall, do you think that Beck is a positive force in this country or a negative one?") that you put in the text of your message would have been the one in your poll. The choices would be 1) negative; 2) positive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies