Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2014, 03:45 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
You KNOW that vouchers will cure the education system? You're pretty confident.
I know they will let at least some students have access to a better education than they're able to get now. You see, I don't subscribe to liberals'/Democrats' belief that since we can't save all of them, we'll save none of them. That's the difference between you and me. I want to at least save some. You want to save none.

Quote:
Japan is a homogenous COUNTRY, not a neighborhood, quite a bit of difference.
There is no difference whatsoever when looking at schools. Japanese school students are racially and ethnically similar. Abysmally performing inner-city public school students are racially and ethnically similar. Both have homogeneous student populations.

Quote:
As to for profit schools, try taking a look at for profit prisons and see how well that's working out. I can see the same thing happening.
Public schools aren't any better. Only 1/3 of all public school students are educated to grade-level proficiency. 2/3 are functioning below grade-level. Meanwhile, those reaping profits from the utter dysfunction of our country's public schools include but are not limited to: textbook publishers, packaged curricula companies, education consultants running teacher workshops, testing companies, etc.

And remember... 2/3 of Black and Hispanic adults support school vouchers. Eventually they'll wake up and realize Democrats are screwing them and their children.

Old 05-31-2014, 03:52 PM

2,962 posts, read 5,002,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I know they will let at least some students have access to a better education than they're able to get now. You see, I don't subscribe to liberals'/Democrats' belief that since we can't save all of them, we'll save none of them. That's the difference between you and me. I want to at least save some. You want to save none.

There is no difference whatsoever when looking at schools. Japanese school students are racially and ethnically similar. Abysmally performing inner-city public school students are racially and ethnically similar. Both have homogeneous student populations.

Public schools aren't any better. Only 1/3 of all public school students are educated to grade-level proficiency. 2/3 are functioning below grade-level. Meanwhile, those reaping profits from the utter dysfunction of our country's public schools include but are not limited to: textbook publishers, packaged curricula companies, education consultants running teacher workshops, testing companies, etc.

And remember... 2/3 of Black and Hispanic adults support school vouchers. Eventually they'll wake up and realize Democrats are screwing them and their children.
You really are full of yourself aren't you? To come to a general conclusion without looking at other possibilities and laying blame with whomever doesn't agree. I'd say we have about as much luck with your "I've been a student advocate" theory as we've had with all the Nobel Laureate economists who are just as sure that their theories will bring about total and lasting prosperity. Good luck with that... Your last rant is pure partisan nonsense so there's really nothing else to discuss. And as for the difference between you and me, I recall a Bertrand Russell quote
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts".

Old 05-31-2014, 04:09 PM

1,070 posts, read 740,137 times
I am still waiting for that mathematical explanation how 20% of the poor in New York City outvotes the remaining 80% of population of the city and in turn makes the entire state of New York blue. I would like to know how that happen in New Jersey, Connecticut and Massachusetts lol C'mon amuse me and everybody else reading the nonsense that you post here lol

Quote:
I was talking about Texas. Texas has 1.7 million illegal aliens. NY doesn't even come close to that.

You might want to get a refund. Especially considering your following misinterpretation:
That's not what the map shows.

Hope you or someone else didn't pay a lot for your supposed "education."

Last edited by Rapaport; 05-31-2014 at 04:18 PM..

Old 05-31-2014, 04:17 PM

1,070 posts, read 740,137 times
Similarities? And yet those states vote red? How is that possible? Lol
That's contradicts your theory that poor people vote blue and rich people vote red. Rotfl

You're as confused as a ignorant. Lol

Quote:
It's not the highest number, it's the highest percentages. So much for your supposed "college degree in science."

Furthermore, consider states 1-6 on the map you posted in light of the following:

There are shocking similarities when looking at what both maps show.

(Note to moderators: all images appearing in this post have been linked via HTML text command in a legally permissible manner per the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Perfect 10 v. Amazon ruling, and as such do not constitute copyright violation.)

Old 06-04-2014, 07:36 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,745,694 times
Quote:

Old 06-12-2014, 10:36 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,997,202 times
And then they wonder why American kids keep falling further behind most other nations in academic testing and scores

Undermining the elite high schools | New York Post
New York City's eight specialized high schools — including Stuyvesant, Bronx Science and Dante de Blasio's Brooklyn Tech — are the crowning symbols of our public-school system. To be admitted, students have to pass a rigorous entrance exam.

Turns out, minority kids are not passing the exams in numbers proportional to their population. So pols are offering their usual condescending solution: lower standards.

It's crystal clear what our elites mean when they claim the exams are "biased" against black and Latinos: They're really saying they don’t believe these kids can pass.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:38 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,776,811 times
Wait, how can progressives want to "dumb down" schools while at the same time support the Common Core?

Old 06-12-2014, 10:52 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
And then they wonder why American kids keep falling further behind most other nations in academic testing and scores

Undermining the elite high schools | New York Post
New York City's eight specialized high schools — including Stuyvesant, Bronx Science and Dante de Blasio's Brooklyn Tech — are the crowning symbols of our public-school system. To be admitted, students have to pass a rigorous entrance exam.

Turns out, minority kids are not passing the exams in numbers proportional to their population. So pols are offering their usual condescending solution: lower standards.

It's crystal clear what our elites mean when they claim the exams are "biased" against black and Latinos: They're really saying they don’t believe these kids can pass.
And NYC paid for free prep classes and only the Asians showed up for them.
So now they are going to get rid of the entrance exam and use the "holistic" approach.
Attendance and inflated GPA's can now get a student admitted.
They will also have to put a quota system in place if they want TRUE DIVERSITY.

Their top priority is NOT fostering intelligent children, it's making sure the skin colors are in the right numbers.

I give it 5 years before those schools lose the "elite" part.

Old 06-24-2014, 10:31 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,997,202 times
Progressives continue to move the nation backward

Massachusetts Govenor's lasting legacy: Dismantling education success
As we approach the end of Deval Patrick's time as governor, it's clear that his most important legacy will be the dismantling of Massachusetts' landmark 1993 Education Reform Act.

The latest example comes today, when the state Board of Elementary and Secondary Education votes on a proposal by Commissioner Mitchell Chester that would use the regulatory process to deprive more than 12,000 students in low-performing school districts of the opportunity to attend a charter school.
Keep the kids dumb and dumber, it's the only way to future growth of loyal, Dummycrat voters.

Old 06-24-2014, 10:50 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Keep the kids dumb and dumber, it's the only way to future growth of loyal, Dummycrat voters.
Exactly...

http://illinoispolicy.org/wp-content...d_outcomes.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies