Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How does the video of Palin killing a deer affect your opinion of her?
I like her MORE than I did before 43 31.85%
I like her LESS than I did before 18 13.33%
It has no affect on my opinion of her 74 54.81%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 05:57 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Sarah Palin and others like her enjoy the "thrill of the kill"..........they aren't killing to survive...........THEY ENJOY KILLING DEFENSELESS ANIMALS. They don't do it because they HAVE to.

Her little publicity stunt just gave a lot of people one more good reason to dislike her.........and that is a fact.

Honestly, the more I learn about this woman and her family, the more they sicken me.

...........and BTW, I am a vegetarian and don't buy leather clothes or furniture.........I go out of my way to avoid using products that harm animals whenever possible.
understood. hunting is a personal thing for me Sometimes my daughter comes cause she wants to so I let her. Most of us do not watch or care for those stupid hunting shows where a kill takes place. believe my most of their viewers prolly never hunted and never will. just dreamers and armchair Jim Bridger's. 80% of my families meat is from hunting and my daughters know it and enjoy it. our garden provides the same % of vegies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 06:39 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Sarah Palin and others like her enjoy the "thrill of the kill"..........they aren't killing to survive...........THEY ENJOY KILLING DEFENSELESS ANIMALS. They don't do it because they HAVE to.

Her little publicity stunt just gave a lot of people one more good reason to dislike her.........and that is a fact.

Honestly, the more I learn about this woman and her family, the more they sicken me.

...........and BTW, I am a vegetarian and don't buy leather clothes or furniture.........I go out of my way to avoid using products that harm animals whenever possible.
You don't know that. I don't know it either, but I hunt to eat. Not only do I eat, but my life style revolves are other animal parts, and when I am done with a kill, any kill I make up of 90% or more of the rest.

Of the varmint class i use a lot of them too, and I have 0 waste of any kill. What I can't use I take back in the woods and by the next day it's all gone too.

If you are a real vegetarain I suppose you grow every bit of what you eat, other wise there is bone meal, and wear 0 make up, or perfume which is made of many animal parts.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:48 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:

I respect your choice to be vegan but I cannot adopt it's practice myself because I see serious flaws in it's philosophy. Similarly with pacifists- I respect their right to exist as they choose accepting full responsibility for those choices but I choose not to be a pacifist myself. My choice, whether they see it or not, has made their choice possible far longer than it's natural lifespan of 5 seconds in a might makes right rule of the jungle.

I have no love of trophy hunters who waste, but it appears this crude mentality has failed to achieve the deeper lessons satisfied with the superficial ones. I also have no love of vegans blinded by anger they cannot see that letting lose a herd of cattle in the wild after they've been domesticated so many generations is guaranteed extinction. I fail to see how cows or chickens in the wild have any chance, or how TVP processed beyond all recognizable organic state could be healthy for long term consumption. Nutrition as a science is wholly ignorant, and the more commercial chemistry gets involved, the bigger the mess they make.

Traditional farmers held great reverence for the responsibility to treat them humanely knowing their end destination. Subsequent generations 5 x's removed from that reverence is what you see in the factory farms held up by animal activists. Both extreme sides defending all the wrong things are missing the real lesson, but it's been a handy political wedge issue to drum up even though so much of what both are trying to defend is similar. Native American philosophy has much wisdom to offer shaping policy if only American values weren't obliged to be quantified in dollars when debating.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:54 PM

Reps lived on the rez for 25 years and learned too much for todays strange ways

Old 12-17-2010, 07:04 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Reps lived on the rez for 25 years and learned too much for todays strange ways
There is a new generation of thought incorporating the ideals of many traditions from native americans and from generational farmers. It's called permaculture and it means to waste not want not. It means to be commercially viable and still be a proper steward of the land. I wish we had more of it happening in America but agra biz techniques and bean counters are held in higher esteem than things defying a price tag.

So google that word. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:28 PM

Where I live there is no factory farming you can buy grass fed free roaming beef at the local grocer no needto go to a natural food botique.The local farmers market is booming all summer and fall. hard to make a living here keeps things good.you work or leave.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:39 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
It has no affect on me, I still think she's dumb.
And Obama is the POTUS and I still think he's dumb.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:44 PM

Just got reminded of the origional topic.guess it wasnt that important to most

Old 12-17-2010, 08:00 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,793,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
And Obama is the POTUS and I still think he's dumb.
And Dubya was the president and everyone knew he was dumb, head full of sawdust kind of a thing.

Old 12-17-2010, 08:25 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
And Dubya was the president and everyone knew he was dumb, head full of sawdust kind of a thing.
And you should live in 2010, before it ends, and get over the fact that Obama is the POTUS in 2010....who kept his cow waiting for 30 minutes and left Billy boy all alone.

Hey..."No bake sales for YOU".

Michelle should double check the size of her hiney before she takes brownies out of the mouths of babes...2x times or NO times a year. Where does Mishy get her beef from? The White House garden?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies