Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2010, 05:04 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Every day. Maybe you work with an older demographic? It seems to me that the older generations tend not to be as interested in/more resistant to computers than the more recent grads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
^ this

None of them are 50 yet, and some are in their 30s. So much for your little theory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 05:18 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,331,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

None of them are 50 yet, and some are in their 30s. So much for your little theory.
It's not a little theory but more of a known fact that older people tend not to be as technologically intuitive as younger generations. As to why the doctors you work for can't navigate a computer is beyond me and I have not found this to be true with the physicians I know. Even the doctor I know that chose dermatology as his specialty out of self-professed laziness is quite adept at computers. My ENT friend is my go-to person for all my technology related questions. He helped me set up my home computer network and my satellite system with multi-room dvr's.

Old 12-31-2010, 05:24 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,306,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrjam View Post
Leave it. It does not matter.
What does is that to be a doctor should not be about making a maximum money.
That's easier said than done. Do you know how much it costs to become a doctor? Do you know how much additional schooling is required to become a doctor. Do you know how much we worked during residency? I spent 7 years after medical school doing residency and making peanuts as I worked 100 hours per week. When you incur that much debt, sacrafice that much of your time, family and personal life, at the very least we should be compensated for our time. Why is it that people like yourself are okay with a lawyer making millions but heaven forbid if a doctor makes 200K.

Old 12-31-2010, 05:30 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
That's easier said than done. Do you know how much it costs to become a doctor? Do you know how much additional schooling is required to become a doctor. Do you know how much we worked during residency? I spent 7 years after medical school doing residency and making peanuts as I worked 100 hours per week. When you incur that much debt, sacrafice that much of your time, family and personal life, at the very least we should be compensated for our time. Why is it that people like yourself are okay with a lawyer making millions but heaven forbid if a doctor makes 200K.
Because many don't know the path it takes to end up earning that much.
They just see the end result and determine "it's too much".

Old 12-31-2010, 05:30 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,472,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
A survey of 100,000 doctors by the Physicians Foundation finds that 40% say they will stop practicing altogether within three years when Obamacare is fully implemented. I guess that's how Obamacare will bend downward the cost curve: by making sure fewer people get medical treatment because they can't find a doctor to treat them. And Michael Moore will get his wish. Our health care will be just like Cuba's: two-tiered. The wealthy and the politically-connected will continue to enjoy quality care. The rest of us will be treated to third-world medical care.
Well if you say so...40%? Yea sure.

Lets wait for our resident "doctors" here to chime in, that should be good for a laugh too.

Old 12-31-2010, 05:40 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,293,964 times
I still think it's cute that the doctor haters believe MDs are technology morons or are incapable of pursuing any other meaningful career. I'm sure some of these people are code monkeys, bean counters, or HR reps who like to believe their role in life is more important than it really is.

Old 12-31-2010, 05:43 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Well if you say so...40%? Yea sure.

Lets wait for our resident "doctors" here to chime in, that should be good for a laugh too.
I'm not a doctor but I play one on the internet.

"Cough!" "Take two aspirin and call your lawyer in the morning."

Old 12-31-2010, 05:45 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
I still think it's cute that the doctor haters believe MDs are technology morons or are incapable of pursuing any other meaningful career. I'm sure some of these people are code monkeys, bean counters, or HR reps who like to believe their role in life is more important than it really is.
Who among us is a "doctor hater" who thinks that MDs are technology morons incapable of persuing any other meanignful career? Name names, pal.

Old 12-31-2010, 05:46 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,472,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Who among us is a "doctor hater" who thinks that MDs are technology morons incapable of persuing any other meanignful career? Name names, pal.
I don't even understand what this person is trying to say, and I doubt they do either.

Old 12-31-2010, 05:49 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Quote:
????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies