Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 10:35 PM

30,409 posts, read 52,025,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Huh? Considering it wasn't Sanrene et, that started pegging in the first place, you might want to turn that around on those that came out swinging that he was a righty, when in fact, it doesn't look that way at all.
Who cares who "started it" (are we in 4th grade?), and who cares if it offends you all to talk about possible political motivations...

A. We're on a POLITICS & Other Controversies board, so clearly that is the purpose of most discussions on this forum.

B. Even the Sheriff and political officials are considering the political motivations behind the shooting, regardless of the shooter's mental state. I'm sure Lee Harvey Oswald was mentally disturbed, but does that mean his actions had no political motivation? From the Sheriff himself: "When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government. The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous." I think that is an important statement, and one which we SHOULD be thinking about - because for all we know this is only the beginning, and we should all be concerned about the divisiveness of the country as of lately. Doesn't matter if you're a "lefty" or a "righty," this is something that involves and endangers every American.

C. I am praying for the families affected, so don't take any of the above to suggest otherwise... it's a tragedy regardless, but suppressing the political discourse is only avoiding the elephant in the room. If we don't talk about it, things could get worse from here. JMO.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:36 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,723,735 times
Quote:
Oh, I agree, but tell that to the lefty blogosphere tonight, MSNBC and others on the Left who are trying to tie him/blame the TP, Palin, Beck........

Mature discourse? That was lost on the 3rd post of this thread and not by someone on the right. And if you haven't noticed all the attempts of Palin-bashing thread starters either.
Well, whatever. Two wrongs don't make a right. Maybe if you took the high road, they would follow.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:36 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,447,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
His friends stated he was a leftist....there is NO evidence he was EVER a rightist.

But does it matter? He killed people and making him right or left changes nothing.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:37 PM

37,158 posts, read 42,290,039 times
Well I didn't try to blame anyone, but I will say that inflammatory politics and reporting is disgusting and inexcusable no matter who is doing it.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:38 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,897,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
But does it matter? He killed people and making him right or left changes nothing.
Might want to look at the several threads on this forum blaming the right....

Old 01-08-2011, 10:39 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,723,735 times
Quote:
His friends stated he was a leftist....there is NO evidence he was EVER a rightist.
Jesus, man. One person made that statement and his own words prove he held many far right beliefs, ranging from property rights to fear of a new currency and adherence to the gold standard to language issues for those who don't speak english well... He had many liberal rants as well - which is my point! The guy's not mentally stable. Why do you all insist on pegging him as one ideology or another?!?

You're no better than these "MSM blogosphere" people you seem to revile so much.

41,325 posts, read 45,008,891 times
Quote:
A TON of threads started with the premise that Palin is to blame.

5,421 posts, read 6,512,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Who cares who "started it" (are we in 4th grade?), and who cares if it offends you all to talk about possible political motivations...

A. We're on a POLITICS & Other Controversies board, so clearly that is the purpose of most discussions on this forum.

B. Even the Sheriff and political officials are considering the political motivations behind the shooting, regardless of the shooter's mental state. I'm sure Lee Harvey Oswald was mentally disturbed, but does that mean his actions had no political motivation? From the Sheriff himself: "When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government. The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous." I think that is an important statement, and one which we SHOULD be thinking about - because for all we know this is only the beginning, and we should all be concerned about the divisiveness of the country as of lately. Doesn't matter if you're a "lefty" or a "righty," this is something that involves and endangers every American.

C. I am praying for the families affected, so don't take any of the above to suggest otherwise... it's a tragedy regardless, but suppressing the political discourse is only avoiding the elephant in the room. If we don't talk about it, things could get worse from here. JMO.
Ironically, the Sheriff's statement was one of the most divisive statement's made by a public figure today. Because what he was really implying is that it's the Republican's fault.

Quote:

Oh I know, I know and it is taking every bit of restraint I have not to respond to the nonsense. Ignorance abounds here you know this.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:42 PM

Quote:
A TON of threads started with the premise that Palin is to blame.

But dropping to their level makes you no better. None of us know or should ever care whether he was left or right. Where is everyone's disdain for the shooter because of what he did not because of what party he may have associated with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies