Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2011, 09:14 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Obviously everyone interested in taking control will try to take advantage. The riots took them by surprise and now they are trying to adjust. But that is not what we are talking about, is it? We are talking about Beck's reporting. Beck's reporting about the riots being a part of a global caliphate is steaming heap of 'kaka de cabballo'. Pure and simple.

LOL, you keep making unsupported claims, you say MB was taken by surprise. Are you part of MB? were you in Egypt when this started with the MB? I suppose there are scores of articles you could direct me to.

Of course it is part of a global caliphate ambition. I can't help it if you chose to ignore MB's own words. I have provided documentation whereas you have provided none.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 09:14 AM

499 posts, read 405,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Glen Beck's show today focused on how the purpose of all these uprising in the Middle East is to establish a row of dominoes from West Africa to Indonesia in which all non-Muslim governments will fall and a system of government known as caliphate governance will be established. Their intention is to also drag Europe into this chain. Is this remotely possible??
Sounds to me as if he's created the worst case scenario he can think of to peddle fear.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Neither the Muslim Brotherhood nor the Marxists are for freedom. They are totally against freedom and want to completely control your lives. Don't you get that?

I am confident they don't, they see Glenn Beck as the enemy, not Islamic fundamentalism. Go figure.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollymixture View Post
Sounds to me as if he's created the worst case scenario he can think of to peddle fear.

Nope, he read MB own words, I posted them for your review.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:19 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I am confident they don't, they see Glenn Beck as the enemy, not Islamic fundamentalism. Go figure.
You know why don't you? The Progressives have teamed up with the Islamists because they feel that "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". They both hate the Western way of life. Just look at the ususal Progs here that constantly defend the Muslims and Islamification. It totally makes sense that they would defend them like they do when you find out that they are on the same team... FOR NOW! What's hilarious is that the Left thinks that they can team up with Islam and they won't be suppressed by them when they take over. Islam will whip the Left right into Sharia right along with everyone else. They simply think that if they are nice to them and go to bat for them, that the radical extremists will leave them alone and let them violate Sharia law. What a joke!!!!!!!!

Old 02-02-2011, 09:27 AM

499 posts, read 405,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I laughed my a$s off so hard that I started choking and got the hiccups, listening to him rant and rave about how China was going to take over Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, and Russia was going to regain all of the now-independent countries that broke off from the USSR, and (and I $#it you not), maybe the Netherlands ::eyebrow raised:: ? "I don't know".

No kidding, he doesn't know. He doesn't "know" anything. He's just making crap up because so many of you just Eat. It. Up!

Come on! No one here can really believe this nonsense, can they?

Seriously?
I can't with him. I really can't.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:29 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,847,443 times
I remember reading many reports pre-protest starting saying the MB was not backing this particular protest.

Here is

How Cairo, Washington Were Blindsided by Revolution - WSJ.com
In Cairo, a beleaguered collection of opposition groups plotted another in a series of demonstrations, this time to coincide with Police Day, a national holiday to thank Egypt's police forces. To activists, it was the perfect irony: Almost a year earlier, a young man from Alexandria with no history of political activism, Khaled Saied, had been beaten to death by police. Activists had managed to bring national attention to the case, and they intended to use Police Day to build on that.
Opposition activists rallied around a Facebook page called We Are All Khaled Saied. To call for a protest, Mr. Saied's death became the focal point for people who hadn't been involved in the rights movement before, says Ahmed Gharbia, an Egyptian activist associated with the page. "He was an everyman, and it was very difficult for people who wanted to paint him as an outlaw to do that." In the past week, supporters of the page swelled from 75,000 members to over 440,000.

Massive protests were planned for Friday, in what was now clearly the biggest challenge Mr. Mubarak had ever faced. Yet the country's established opposition parties had played surprisingly little role in the protests.

The Muslim Brotherhood, the country's largest and best organized opposition force, hung back. Members participated in the protests, but the organization didn't come out publicly encouraging them to take part until Thursday evening.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:30 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You know why don't you? The Progressives have teamed up with the Islamists because they feel that "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". They both hate the Western way of life. Just look at the ususal Progs here that constantly defend the Muslims and Islamification. It totally makes sense that they would defend them like they do when you find out that they are on the same team... FOR NOW! What's hilarious is that the Left thinks that they can team up with Islam and they won't be suppressed by them when they take over. Islam will whip the Left right into Sharia right along with everyone else. They simply think that if they are nice to them and go to bat for them, that the radical extremists will leave them alone and let them violate Sharia law. What a joke!!!!!!!!
What a load of LIES, packed them high this time didn't ya.
Casper

Old 02-02-2011, 09:32 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
What a load of LIES, packed them high this time didn't ya.
Casper
You are only one of the many supporters. You can spread all the propaganda you want to that you have been instructed to spread. It will have zero effect. Have fun trying though!

Old 02-02-2011, 09:37 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
LOL, you keep making unsupported claims, you say MB was taken by surprise. Are you part of MB? were you in Egypt when this started with the MB? I suppose there are scores of articles you could direct me to. .
It is Beck and you who are making the unsupprted claims, not me. Anyone who has been following the riots in Egypt know who started them, what motivated them, who was taken by surprise, and who is trying to benefit. Glenn Beck is trying to make this look like something that it is not, and for reasons unknown, you are supporting his theory. It took me two seconds to find an article saying MB joined the riots only after they had already started. You need to do your homeworks, and don't believe everything Beck tells you.

http://themostimportantnews.com/arch...egyptian-riots
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies