Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 07:56 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,998,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Nah.......the Brits didn't see their white American colonist cousins as less than human, as property, and codify that into their very laws. There is no comparison whatsoever.
Not now, but they did in the mid 1700's. A 'Colonial' was just one rung up the ladder from a slave back then. One account I read on prisoners in the Rev War showed us (whites) as monkey looking, in barefeet, and the ladies who visited the prisons in England at that time were surprised captives could speak at all, muchless in English.

The ladies thought of these excursions as a kin to going to a zoo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 01:47 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,213,503 times
I'm black and I don't use it as often as I use to. Most of the time when I do use it, its while I'm listening to a rap song.The word has been popularized by hip hop, so don't expect it go away anytime soon.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:15 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,876,699 times
Like "***" it is a distasteful word used by the ignorant. I'm white and hate the word no matter whose mouth it comes out of.

I do not need to put down anyone in order to feel superior. You want to get ahead in life, master language and let it reflect your values.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:30 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,728,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Goodgawdamighty, Indentured Servant....what more do you want???

How many more decades, centuries, whatever, are needed to "heal" the "wounds" of oppression, inequality, etc, etc?? Surely you don't think it is because of lack of affirmative action programs, minority business assistance, etc, etc.

Do you not realize that this attitude/outlook is a lot of the reasons that this so called "healing" is not taking place???

Great prose. BUT? Spell it out. What, in your opinion, needs to be done to "heal" all these "wounds of oppression"? There is no nation on earth that has done more in this abstract regard toward reparations and healing than the very one you have contempt and hostility toward.

But yet? Not enough. So spell it out in concrete demands. What must be done to satisfy your notion of rectifying so-called historical injustices. Not a bunch of ambiguous malarky, but solid terms of unconditional surrender, I suppose...

Say you just had heart surgery a week ago. Would you think it fair, a week or a month later, for someone to pass judgment on how LONG it’s taking you to recover? The fact that you are not able to keep up with others a month after surgery SHOULD be understood, if, and only if, the people passing judgment both RESPECT your desire and ability to get better, as well as, have a pretty good idea of how long recovery from heart surgery takes.

Why are you asking me how long will it take? How would I know? I will tell you my train of thought, however. I think that it would take the same amount of time that it would take ANY human race, given a similar situation in degree and kind (and time period) to recover……nothing more and nothing less. In other words, I would expect a typical human recovery period…..nothing inferior and nothing superior. Unfortunately what’s implicit in much of the criticism of where we are is the belief that we should be further and that other races would be fairing much better given the same situation in degree and kind.

You see, the underlying subconscious conditioning of most white people is the belief in black inferiority and the corollary of white supremacy over blacks. However, everyone knows that that to say that consciously or to believe that consciously would mean they are racist. Thus, people play games with themselves and with others to avoid making these conscious admissions. This is the main reason why most whites don’t like talking about race. They know that the more they talk and open up the more they risk revealing their subconscious racism.

Let me give you an example of how, in a conversation, I deduced someone’s racist subconscious. Before the economic collapse and during fairly good economic times, I had a conversation with a white guy about why people are poor, for the most part. The conversation initially was not about race, just the main causes of poverty. This guy went on to tell me that he believed that people are mostly poor because of poor decision making, laziness, the lack of personal responsibility and the like. I then asked him if he believed that African Americans are held back by past or present racism….and he said no. Hence, it did not take a genius IQ to deduce that since black poverty is 3 times the rate of white poverty, and his belief that blacks were not held back by past or present racism, they he concludes that blacks are inferior choice makers, are lazier and more personally irresponsibility than whites for no other reason except for being “Black”.

White people don’t attempt to EXPLAIN the black condition. Rather, whites just choose to refute the black explanation for their condition. White people make OBSERVATIONS without EXPLANATIONS. This is because explanations EXPOSE their racism. Thus, they will spend their time attempting to refute explanations given by blacks, which link conditions to a history of oppression. However, when one refutes the external they are choosing the internal, because the option is binary…either or. So by simply refuting the external theory of causation one is promoting the internal theory of causation by default. Again, this is why most whites don’t want to talk about race…….especially not with a person like me who let them talk enough then use logical deduction to demonstrate that they are making a racist argument. Thus, they plead the fifth.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:23 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,998,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Say you just had heart surgery a week ago. Would you think it fair, a week or a month later, for someone to pass judgment on how LONG it’s taking you to recover? The fact that you are not able to keep up with others a month after surgery SHOULD be understood, if, and only if, the people passing judgment both RESPECT your desire and ability to get better, as well as, have a pretty good idea of how long recovery from heart surgery takes.

Why are you asking me how long will it take? How would I know? I will tell you my train of thought, however. I think that it would take the same amount of time that it would take ANY human race, given a similar situation in degree and kind (and time period) to recover……nothing more and nothing less. In other words, I would expect a typical human recovery period…..nothing inferior and nothing superior. Unfortunately what’s implicit in much of the criticism of where we are is the belief that we should be further and that other races would be fairing much better given the same situation in degree and kind.

You see, the underlying subconscious conditioning of most white people is the belief in black inferiority and the corollary of white supremacy over blacks. However, everyone knows that that to say that consciously or to believe that consciously would mean they are racist. Thus, people play games with themselves and with others to avoid making these conscious admissions. This is the main reason why most whites don’t like talking about race. They know that the more they talk and open up the more they risk revealing their subconscious racism.

Let me give you an example of how, in a conversation, I deduced someone’s racist subconscious. Before the economic collapse and during fairly good economic times, I had a conversation with a white guy about why people are poor, for the most part. The conversation initially was not about race, just the main causes of poverty. This guy went on to tell me that he believed that people are mostly poor because of poor decision making, laziness, the lack of personal responsibility and the like. I then asked him if he believed that African Americans are held back by past or present racism….and he said no. Hence, it did not take a genius IQ to deduce that since black poverty is 3 times the rate of white poverty, and his belief that blacks were not held back by past or present racism, they he concludes that blacks are inferior choice makers, are lazier and more personally irresponsibility than whites for no other reason except for being “Black”.

White people don’t attempt to EXPLAIN the black condition. Rather, whites just choose to refute the black explanation for their condition. White people make OBSERVATIONS without EXPLANATIONS. This is because explanations EXPOSE their racism. Thus, they will spend their time attempting to refute explanations given by blacks, which link conditions to a history of oppression. However, when one refutes the external they are choosing the internal, because the option is binary…either or. So by simply refuting the external theory of causation one is promoting the internal theory of causation by default. Again, this is why most whites don’t want to talk about race…….especially not with a person like me who let them talk enough then use logical deduction to demonstrate that they are making a racist argument. Thus, they plead the fifth.

If this is true why is Africa still the poorest continent?

If this is true why are Scots not whining about England enslaving them up to 1745?

I think a lot of the problem is that some many black will never drop that race card.

Until they do nothing will get any better, and since Obama took office things are going backwards. Pulling that race card just set anger off in everyone else. The sooner that ends, the faster blacks will get ahead.

UPS is owned by a black man and yet I see no black drivers. I don't know that there are none, but I have never seen one.

I know other blacks in the USA and in Canada that are upper middle class, and the one thing they all have in common is they put on their boots stood up, and went to work.

They didn't waste time whining about what happened to their great great grand parents.

The day of welfare is nearing it's end. There may be a form of welfare, but to get it, it's a good bet you will have to do one or another form of community service. A lot like working at a job, but for less bennies.

I have broken a lot of bones of the years. Once I feel about 6 feet, and landed on rock hard frozen gravel. For that I cut my forehead, scraped and bruised both legs, chipped a silver dollar size bone off my left elbow and broke my wrist.

I was back at work doing carpentry the next day.

Wanna eat gotta work, no 2 ways about it for me. The boss was nuts about me working, but I was the ram rod and with out me working nothing else happened. On the job the Boss was mine to tell what to do and how to do it, by his own choice, and I had 2 other people on the job he hired besides me.

The work delayed the healing, but I didn't whine any about it. Hurt too.

I can whine about it after I'm dead....... Blacks can too, but with things as they are, they better do something to improve thrir lots, I damnned well do. The time to whine is long past due.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:29 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,161,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
He's right, we got a ton in royalties.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:36 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,565,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
A better question is......why didn't the people of Africa benefit from ALL of the wealth and natural resources that various European nations raped from African land for centuries?

Old 02-19-2011, 11:50 AM

1,148 posts, read 1,253,067 times
This whole "we can use the N word but you can't" thinking strikes me as ridiculously childish... And here is how children (and childish adults) are treated:
Ok boys go play in your tree fort with your secret password and pretend that you are the kings of all you survey. When dinnertime comes you will be hungry and come down from the tree and into the house, don't forget to wipe your feet and wash your dirty hands. As children you don't get to make the rules in the real world, so enjoy your playtime but remember your place.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:58 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,643,586 times
I think the n bomb in its slang form of n-gga and the word b-tch commonly pronounced bee-otch are just everywhere these days. I here often in public, in grocery stores, gas stations, etc. I also saw a group of high school punks the other day using m-f and g-damn amongst other profanity standing right by a couple of senior citizens. I walked over and asked them if they would stop talking like that, not for me, but out of respect for the older couple. 2 of them actually seemed embarrassed, the other one just scoffed and made a wisecrack and they walked off. When I was a kid, using that kind of language was not tolerated in our home, and rarely was profanity heard in public. Our society is becoming less and less polite these days as too many kids are growing up without real discipline and are allowed to get away with almost anything. Its only going to get worse because those same undisciplined kids are having babies with each generation seeming to be less respectful of other people.

Old 02-19-2011, 12:09 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,699,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
This whole "we can use the N word but you can't" thinking strikes me as ridiculously childish... And here is how children (and childish adults) are treated:
Ok boys go play in your tree fort with your secret password and pretend that you are the kings of all you survey. When dinnertime comes you will be hungry and come down from the tree and into the house, don't forget to wipe your feet and wash your dirty hands. As children you don't get to make the rules in the real world, so enjoy your playtime but remember your place.

Yessa massa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies