Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2011, 03:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,248,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Great, we'll add "Uncle Tom" to the list of terms that black people are allowed to call each other but anyone else using the term is a racist bigot.
Wrong! Hell, i'll give you a list of black folks that you can call Uncle Tom anytime you like.

Again, everytime you post, it's very apparent that you know squat about black folks. That term isn't racist at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

12,200 posts, read 18,390,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Thanks. The people who are responding positively agree. So do the others who have given me reps for the post. Is there anythig else I can help you with today?
You do realize that you gave a link to nothing. I'm guessing that was symbolism meaning you had absolutely nothing to say.

And as far as other people giving you reps; well I'm glad that getting worthless value points from anonymous people online is important to you. I stopped caring what people thought of me a long time ago, especially people that I don't even know.

But I am extremely flattered that you think so much of me that you commit my posts to memory. In fact, I rep you for that just because I know how much those rep points mean to you.

2,125 posts, read 1,941,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Um....the people who are involved with illegal drugs?
Maybe you can think about it beyond a 3rd grade level and consider what sentencing disparities (crack v. powder) and mandatory minimums actually do.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:38 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,941,773 times
By the way Rick, I was being sarcastic; your link doesn't work. Anyone who repped you for that post is not very perceptive.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I wouldn't know, ask the fools in this thread who claim that only black people are qualified to know anything about black people.
Not ONE SINGLE black person said that only blacks are qualified to know anything about black people. Hell, that doesn't even make any sense.

I said that you're not qualified as a non-black to tell a black man how to deal with a black man about black issues....which you aren't. Hell, you haven't even attempted to make a case that you are, which bolsters my argument.

9,848 posts, read 8,290,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
IMO it's not even life because how can you truly say you're living when you're 100% dependent on someone else for your basic needs?
It is not life, it is continuation of slavery in a modern form IMO. This condition today IMO requires a submission of those partaking of it. It is real sad IMO. Plus when people are tax takers and not tax payers they are taking the country down, not helping it out at all.

174 posts, read 117,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Did Rupert Murdoch or that billionaire from the phony man made climate BS Al Gore earn their money?
If so, why do you or anyone else have the right to put a gun to their head to take their money for yourself?

If you don't earn something, why should you get it?
Where does your extra special rights come from, communism?

THOU SHALL NOT COVET THY NEIGHBOR'S GOODS, now where did that come from?
Let me see, weren't you the one that was singing the praises of all those hard working minions that put in their 50 to 60 hours a week doing hard labor? Does that sound like Rupert Murdock to you? Murdock got wealthy by stepping on the faces of those hard working souls and now he is doing everything he can to make sure he is the last one up the ladder.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:40 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,533,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Wrong! Hell, i'll give you a list of black folks that you can call Uncle Tom anytime you like.
Again, everytime you post, it's very apparent that you know squat about black folks. That term isn't racist at all.
There you go again. . .
And I am going to, once again, reorient you to reality. The facts.

Definition Uncle Tom: (ethnic slur) offensive and derogatory name for a Black man who is abjectly servile and deferential to Whites

Uncle Tom n. Offensive A Black person who is regarded as being humiliatingly subservient or deferential to white people

But no, as you say, "That term isn't racist at all." OMG LOL!

12,200 posts, read 18,390,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
It is not life, it is continuation of slavery in a modern form IMO. This condition today IMO requires a submission of those partaking of it. It is real sad IMO. Plus when people are tax takers and not tax payers they are taking the country down, not helping it out at all.
I agree with you a 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Good afternoon,

I'm in a similar boat. The best thing to do is talk about policies, not parties. I'm more libertarian than anything, and most Blacks are receptive or curious since they don't typically know what libertarians stand for. Depending on the person, I'll lead in with a policy that person agrees with (like drug legalization, etc) and then talk about other policies second. I've had no problems talking about libertarianism using this approach.

Overall, I take good and bad from both parties. I'm fiscally conservative and primarily socially moderate, yet socially liberal in a few areas like handups for the poor. That being said, I'm not a fan of the Republicans because they aren't real conservatives and like big government for social issues and foreign policy, and I'm an even less of a fan of the current Democratic party because I dislike big government and their current embrace of far left ideologies. I like the Democrats of old, before the extreme left took over the party.

Just educate people on what you stand for. "Conservative" and "Republican" are hot button words for Blacks, so unless that's really what you are, just say libertarian. If people can't have a cordial conversation about differences in ideology while looking for common ground, I wouldn't want to deal with them anyway.
Finally, someone who says something that makes sense on the topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies