Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2011, 02:36 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
Yes I do..F*ck3r$...
I got an $170 ticket for stopping at a stop sign before I turned..
The cop told me I ran a stop sign then I told no I didnt! I only seen you hiding so why would I run a stop sign in front of a cop? then he changed his story and said well then you didnt come to a complete stop, so I told him Gee if your going to lie might as well make it good. and whops there was my ticket..my neighbor got a ticket last nite for jaywalking..come on now..

Well, Duh.
It will never behoove you to **** off a cop.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:44 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,399,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUdom5 View Post
Use signals correctly and don't speed, and you'll avoid tickets in both the above cases. I just don't understand what's so hard to understand about that. Either obey traffic laws or stop complaining about the consequences when you don't.

And do you understand that I had my blinker on, it cut off and I got a ticket? Technically it was something to get a ticket but for no turn signal? Come on....

The cop had a attitude through out, he puts the ticket on his hood, I go to sign, he says "stop!, I didn't tell you to approach" while he puts is hand on his holstered weapon.

It is effin' easy for you to just spout ijn black and white "just follow the law" but in the real world life is gray.............

Old 03-01-2011, 02:48 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,832,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen7276 View Post
Instead they are becoming more aggressive at giving everyone stupid petty tickets over nothing. These tickets are in excess of hundreds of dollars and really hurt the people that aren't doing well right now. People that are struggling right now can't afford to pay a 500 dollar ticket. Does anyone else have a problem with these punk cops doing this to us?
Actually it you and your "Glock" that do the protecting. They just come in afterward and clean up the mess.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:55 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,927,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
And do you understand that I had my blinker on, it cut off and I got a ticket? Technically it was something to get a ticket but for no turn signal? Come on....

The cop had a attitude through out, he puts the ticket on his hood, I go to sign, he says "stop!, I didn't tell you to approach" while he puts is hand on his holstered weapon.

It is effin' easy for you to just spout ijn black and white "just follow the law" but in the real world life is gray.............
He was probably bullied and unpopular at school

Old 03-01-2011, 02:59 PM

169 posts, read 337,787 times
Quote:
You cut the signal off before you turned, therefore you didn't signal properly. Ticket deserved.

Quote:
Just because the cop was cautious doesn't mean he has an attitude.

Quote:
If this statement is an indication of your general attitude about everything, I'd probably have an "attitude" with you to. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if you're only telling 50% of the true story.

Suck it up and treat it as a life lesson learned. Next time signal properly.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:03 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,927,270 times
Quote:
You cut the signal off before you turned, therefore you didn't signal properly. Ticket deserved.

If this statement is an indication of your general attitude about everything, I'd probably have an "attitude" with you to. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if you're only telling 50% of the true story.

Seriously, this is a load of BS.

Many cars automatically turn off the signal when you turn the wheel. It happens and should not cause you to get a ticket.

Many cops have a bad case of attitude. It is know as the "little-Hitler" syndrome.

Given your "attitude", you sound like a cop or the spouse of one.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:

I have delt with and met other cops before who didn't have a attitude, he did. So stop making excuses for the cop. Setting the ticket clip board on his hood and looking at me with a notion for me to sign it then saying back off while putting his hand on his weapon is a sign of attitude.

And yes I am telling the story as happened.

Ticketing is a government racket, and the courts who make the fees are extortionists.........

Gotta love when other unions are said to be anti American and greedy yet when it comes to the judicial system and their unions they are hailed as heros when it comes down specially to shaking down tax payers for traffic infractions.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:13 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
And it was physically impossible for you to put your blinker back on after it cut off? I've had this happen hundreds of times and never had an issue turning the signal back on.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
And it was physically impossible for you to put your blinker back on after it cut off? I've had this happen hundreds of times and never had an issue turning the signal back on.

You know what hooligan, I was turning to go into a shopping mall, and didn't realize my blinker had cut off because I was watching on coming traffic. Like I said if you want to get technical it was a traffic infraction, but all that for no blinker?

And going back to the OP's mention about the fees, I had just had my appendix taken out and was hit with all those bills, and then I get nailed for $160 for no turn signal? Then another $60 for online traffic school? There may be a reason why some people are pissed about the fees charged. He could have given a warning, he could have used his time and effort to police a more serious matter.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:12 PM

148 posts, read 571,787 times
Don't listen to these idiots Lionking. They're either cops or just trying to **** you off. They sound like complete losers to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies